Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Lot of HARD selling for the ID Buzz. I guess the novelty factor is wearing off somewhat the realities are starting to bite ie range.
An ICE version of the ID Buzz would be good :)

Lot of HARD selling for the ID Buzz. I guess the novelty factor is wearing off somewhat the realities are starting to bite ie range.

I think the range is fine.
But I am keeping my eyes peeled for a keenly priced Beach. If I find the right one and spec at the right price, might dump the Buzz order until the LWB Cali version arrives…

Might be time to return to the beach club, but this time it’s getting a lot more modifications.

Guess I've been sucked in by the novelty factor. So I've put my head firmly in a bucket of sand re the realities about owning an ID.Buzz, let alone any EV.
I've been offered over list price by a VW main dealer, order books are full to next Autumn. Should l sell, no. I'll enjoy the novelty factor, and wait until it gets warmer, and it's Cali time again.

Anyone watching/watched The Long Way Up?

Here is a very interesting Buzz range test.
I won’t say how many miles.
Have a watch, comment below…

Went to the Breeze event tonight. Nice but pricey.

Looks nice…… as my wife would say “are you asking me, or telling me?” Haha, roughly translated as you know the answer! :D
My mum used to say…“well, as long as you like it, that’s the main thing.”

(2 tone is great in the right combo! I have ‘beige on beige’. It was never in fashion & so can never go out of fashion!)

2 tone all the way. Gives the buzz a fun, quirky look.
Received an email from vw Uk telling me that the buzz we ordered 5 months ago will be delivered before September 2024 !!
Usual crap. Excuses covid
Staff shortages. Chip and components shortage
Sod the electric revolution am taking delivery of Audi RS3
Jan 1st
Should blow a decent hole in the ozone layer !!

We fixed the Ozone layer issue some time ago, the world cooperated to fix the issue we caused.
unfortunately we have not fixed the other Pollution issues including future EV proliferation in the name of green credentials.
enjoy your RS :Stig

Received an email from vw Uk telling me that the buzz we ordered 5 months ago will be delivered before September 2024 !!
Jan 1st
You’ll love the RS3. I miss mine. :cheersC1B33D8C-ACA8-4AF9-A37E-3449E7116EBC.jpegE57BFD47-2CDF-49CC-A22E-E766C67E885F.jpeg

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the IDBuzz camper has a regular EHU connection as well as the high power type found on EV’s.
VW claim 15mins to 80% on a 150kw charger
With maybe 2kw possible from EHU simple logic would mean the same 80% taking 75 times longer (about 18 hours) at 2kw. In the context of arriving at a site to park up for a couple of days that’s not too bad.
Wild camping would just mean stopping for a coffee & charge before you leave civilisation for a few days.
The faster the charger the more one is charged per kWh. Or many 150kWh chargers about, well not many fast chargers about full stop. I have seen 89p for a 50kWh so maybe a £1. Easy to do the sums to see that is more expensive than fossil fuels at todays prices.

Jan 1st

Apparently VW have over 1600 orders.
They estimate they can only bring 550 Buzzes to the UK per year. These are gonna be well flip-able.
If that’s even a word.
Might be worth keeping an order in ;)

The faster the charger the more one is charged per kWh. Or many 150kWh chargers about, well not many fast chargers about full stop. I have seen 89p for a 50kWh so maybe a £1. Easy to do the sums to see that is more expensive than fossil fuels at todays prices.

Charged a few weeks ago at a Tesla supercharger at Rugby services 43 kWh + £0.46/kWh.

Even cheaper when charging at home on off peak tariff or solar.

EVs can’t come fast enough in my opinion.
I walked home from the school run on Thursday. It’s an only 1.5miles. But my clothes stunk of car fumes. There was a lot of congestion that day because of road works, but it highlighted how we need to change our current habits.
Let’s be honest, transportation costs are to low…It’s time real action happened and the cost of derv etc was really punished.

We fixed the Ozone layer issue some time ago, the world cooperated to fix the issue we caused.
unfortunately we have not fixed the other Pollution issues including future EV proliferation in the name of green credentials.
enjoy your RS :Stig
Thanks Stig
Can’t wait for collection January 2
Bright green….. perfect for a geriatric hooligan
Complete contrast to our grey ocean.
Xx

Back