Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

If you didn’t think you were using enough adblue...

Tells you on the display. Range left and amount needed to refill. Do not fill to the brim just the amount on display.
Why would you not top it up completely? That warning means that you must at least top up to that amount. If your fuel light comes on, will you top it up, or just put in some liters?
If you tup up your AdBlue completely, the warning light will go on much later, giving you more miles to run before you need to top up AdBlue again.

Why would you not top it up completely? That warning means that you must at least top up to that amount. If your fuel light comes on, will you top it up, or just put in some liters?
If you tup up your AdBlue completely, the warning light will go on much later, giving you more miles to run before you need to top up AdBlue again.
as @VW Guru has mentioned in his informative post on the subject, the level in the adblue tank is measured using an ultrasonic sensor mounted at the bottom of the tank, to correctly measure the level there needs to be an air gap at the top.
If you brim the tank the sensor can go into fault and no longer be calibrated and this leads to a fault and an engine light on. this can lead to it stopping the van star,. and trip on a flatbed to the dealer.

Hmm, then VW is different from Audi, where you can just top it up completely without issues. It only says add a minimum of 6 liters.

Hmm, then VW is different from Audi, where you can just top it up completely without issues. It only says add a minimum of 6 liters.
Stick to Loz's advice, Transporters seems to follow their own do's and don'ts regarding Adblue filling.
VW will bill you if a problem due to brimming the tank.

Van in for new bellows Wed. Just had a call Addblue update at same time, anyone had this done & how did the free addblue top ups work and is anyone noticing increased use

Prompt as ever I've only just received my 'Service Campaign' letter from JCT600 for 23EZ7 'Engine Control Unit', but there were no further details on anything.

Annoying as it was there for a full-day recently getting the rear discs & pads changed. We're going to Italy in two weeks & I also want CarPlay added, so I may ask if they can fit both in next week. I'm in favour of getting these things done when told, but trust is in short supply ...

Prompt as ever I've only just received my 'Service Campaign' letter from JCT600 for 23EZ7 'Engine Control Unit', but there were no further details on anything.

Annoying as it was there for a full-day recently getting the rear discs & pads changed. We're going to Italy in two weeks & I also want CarPlay added, so I may ask if they can fit both in next week. I'm in favour of getting these things done when told, but trust is in short supply ...
Quite agree with you there, my last service was as a result of 'Our records show that you are due a service' Booked done and asked to rebook for some other warranty job. Booked. within days contacted with 'Our records show that you are due an Aircon. check'. Booked to be done with return for warranty job.
I had to change the booked date. Took the Cali in for the warranty and airconn. get a call later in the day telling me that it's due an aircon check and did I want it doing? Also told that warranty work that they'd asked for a rebooking wasn't covered. Efficiency??? Needed the Cali for another day to do the aircon.

Back