Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

As long as the leisure batteries are not connected and were fine when new, there shouldn’t be anything to worry about - after all, what do battery manufacturers / dealers do when they have a large stock?
When we had our caravan and couldn’t top it up for a while, I just disconnected one of the terminals and had the same battery for 7 years.
If your van is at the dealers and they can’t / won’t make sure it is fully charged, just tell them to do this.
I really do feel for all of you in this position. I know it is out of yours and the dealers control but, particularly if the van is already registered, even in your name, you won’t be getting a new van when you finally collect it and should demand a healthy discount from vw. How about getting together as a group and coming up with proposals for a fair remedy?

I can't see any dealer replacing the batteries even if they only register 12.5V .. they'll just say that they'll charge when the van is driven or plugged in.

I can't see any dealer replacing the batteries even if they only register 12.5V .. they'll just say that they'll charge when the van is driven or plugged in.

When I had a problem with my 240v charging system I whinged at VWCS that I was unable to keep a connection in for 24 hours therefore unable to follow VW recommended procedure and they authorised the dealer to replace both leisure batteries.

When I had a problem with my 240v charging system I whinged at VWCS that I was unable to beca keep a connection in for 24 hours therefore unable to follow VW recommended procedure and they authorised the dealer to replace both leisure batteries.

Sorry, I meant that I very much doubt that a dealer would replace the batteries of a brand new van because they had not been charged up and only showed 12.5V .. I don't doubt that they would replace them as part of a warranty claim on a faulty charging system

Sorry, I meant that I very much doubt that a dealer would replace the batteries of a brand new van because they had not been charged up and only showed 12.5V .. I don't doubt that they would replace them as part of a warranty claim on a faulty charging system

I agree.

There may be an opportunity though to tap into the stony-cold heart of VWCS and suggest that they may want to intervene on the grounds of much-deserved goodwill :D

I wouldn't worry too much about the batteries. When you buy new ones in a shop there is a good chance they would have been sitting around for several months. Think it would be worse if they are left in a discharged state but assuming the fridge etc. is off they should be ok.

I wouldn't worry too much about the batteries. When you buy new ones in a shop there is a good chance they would have been sitting around for several months. Think it would be worse if they are left in a discharged state but assuming the fridge etc. is off they should be ok.
Assume NOTHING from a VW Dealership, nor VW for that matter.

Numerous posts on the Forum of brand new vehicles with NO Mains charging, as the Mains Lead was not plugged into the Charger correctly. Not part of the PDI and not easy to check at the Dealers as they frequently “ Don’t have a lead “.

No way those batteries will be disconnected .
They go in and connected in the factory and never be looked at again .

I still wouldn’t worry too much about this
It is unlikely anything in the van will be drawing off power from the batteries if it it just stuck at the dealer / port, unless the Cali has the alarm running
I think this is the least of your worries at the moment - a replacement battery cost is nothing compared to the loss of enjoyment and depreciation of your longed for vehicles. You will be getting last years model and paying next years tax unless you are all singing from the same hymn sheet - do not accept the vehicle at anything more than you agreed to pay when you signed the contract; also put vw on warning that you consider “time is of the essence” and I’df they don’t deliver within a reasonable (to you) period then they will have to compensate you accordingly
Don’t let your desire to get your Cali let vw walk all over you - they are a bunch of unspeakables and rely on us decent folk to turn the other cheek
Thus speaks someone who suffered from their dishonesty over the emissions scandal - do I sound jaundiced?!

I was due a T6 beach 150 manual in Jan. Just heard from my dealer today that these manual 150’s are being held back because of gear box issues. Apparently an official letter from VW is imminent. Is this a new problem than the pre Christmas issues?

I was due a T6 beach 150 manual in Jan. Just heard from my dealer today that these manual 150’s are being held back because of gear box issues. Apparently an official letter from VW is imminent. Is this a new problem than the pre Christmas issues?
Regretfully I think this is tosh. The reason is as previously outlined to do with emissions. The sad fact is dealers are also in the dark and making all sorts of excuses to pacify buyers. Tragic that VW has been so secretive.

Regretfully I think this is tosh. The reason is as previously outlined to do with emissions. The sad fact is dealers are also in the dark and making all sorts of excuses to pacify buyers. Tragic that VW has been so secretive.
Agree mine's a 150 DSG and that has been delayed also.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks, I’m not surprised. The sole dealer here in Jersey has struggled with consistent information on ordering and delivery process and dates. No doubt not helped by the VW comms approach!

I’ll work my way through the conversation to try and understand more.

Has anyone been offered a courtesy car by vwcs until they get their van? Just had a call. Ours is being held at the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been offered a courtesy car by vwcs until they get their van? Just had a call. Ours is being held at the factory.

Yes, I put my foot down and demanded ‘like for like.’

I have a 17 plate California

I wonder what the dealer would say to me if I walked through the door and ordered a Cali today, if anything

I wonder what the dealer would say to me if I walked through the door and ordered a Cali today, if anything

Mine would tell me the truth. I should imagine the dealers are as p****d off as their custumers. They have to face up to the customers and deal with the problem. In my experience when VW cocked up they were the ones who sorted it, stood the initial expense and then claimed back from VW. It was a huge pain in the arse for them.

Mike

Yes we have been given a transporter as our dealer said it would be very difficult to get a Cali for us.... it’s disappointing but I kind of feel bad for them too.

Yes, I put my foot down and demanded ‘like for like.’

I have a 17 plate California

Have you incurred any costs other than fuel?

does all this mean my nice yellow 150ps tdi t6 beach is suddenly rarer than an octopus in a suitcase? and therefore worth tons of money? as they say in European brothels....no its not for sale but everything has a price.

California Chris is back and has posted a new video on youtube. (Not really worth watching)

But the comments on it are interesting and he's said the following:

"We are in the process of filming a video to explain what we know ref the registration of California. Currently we are awaiting updates on the situation from VW and I hope all is sorted by March. The RDE testing is only mandatory from September 2019 for current models and the last thing I read was that no vehicles currently meet the RDE2 standard. I have been informing customers that the VED will rise by a banding in April. Will do a seperate video on this as not very clear and I'm still trying to get my head around it !"

And also:

"We are in the process of doing a video to update every body on the current issue which we hope to have out on Sunday at the latest. In the meantime California can still be ordered only the 2.0TDi 150PS engine has been removed from sale."

Guess what we've got on order? Damn!

Back