Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Not too many boats to keep track of... I found this list of ships that vw use/have used in a post on another vw forum from 2015.

1. City of Paris - in Newcastle
2. City of Rome - in Grimsby
3. Autorunner - unknown
4. Autoprestige - approaching Bremerhaven
5. Schelde Highway - en route to Dublin
6. Neckar Highway - in Zeebrugee
*7. Weser Highway - en route to Emden* (will arrive at lunchtime on Sunday)
8. Elbe Highway - en route to Tilbury
9. Ems Highway - en route to Tilbury
10. Danube Highway - en route to Malmo
11. Isar Highway - en route to Paldiski
12. African Highway - unknown
*13. Makassar Highway - en route to Sheerness (arrives at lunchtime on Sunday)*

So if we’re lucky, might get loaded on the Weser highway tomorrow, if not maybe Makassar Highway on Tues/Weds.

Top Hyper Stalking marks @Blue Yonder

For those expecting a Sheerness arrival - you could kill time during all those sleepless nights while you are impatiently waiting by browsing here or here

Now, where are those Grimsby webcams.....?

Top Hyper Stalking marks @Blue Yonder

For those expecting a Sheerness arrival - you could kill time during all those sleepless nights while you are impatiently waiting by browsing here or here

Now, where are those Grimsby webcams.....?
Terrific news for all of you waiting delivery of your vehicles to the UK. Whilst this is great news, we have still to be told what the issue actually is and how it affects each vehicle now and possibly in the future. Some of us have our vehicle sat with the VW dealer and have had no positive update so far. Registration of the vehicle iin the UK s still suspended until we hear otherwise. One great step forward so far and hopefully VW will come clean and start resolving all our issues next week. Happy ferry spotting!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any ideas which port mine might go in to? West Yorkshire Van centre? Grimsby possibly?
We're with WYVC, and ours came via Grimsby. Took two weeks from arrival at port to exiting, FYI. Fingers crossed yours is quicker.

Any ideas which port mine might go in to? West Yorkshire Van centre? Grimsby possibly?
Very likely Grimsby for you - based on Hyper Stalking Intelligence gathering late last year, before NOxGate, we had folks tracking the Wesser Hwy doing the Emden Grimsby shuttle and the Makassar Hwy doing the Emden Sheerness shuttle. So if VW are still using these two...

Current position and desitination Wesser Makassar click on the 'Show on Live Map' for even more fun!

We're with WYVC, and ours came via Grimsby. Took two weeks from arrival at port to exiting, FYI. Fingers crossed yours is quicker.
Yes thats the painful bit.
Now without wishing to start a scrap, you can under some circumstances get the dealer to request your vehicle is pulled forward to release from the port.
BUT......
1) This isn't necessarily agreed
2) You are all in roughly the same situation so there may be plans afoot to deal with with the glut of VW's
3) And here's the painful reading......
As pointed out already, no fix has been shared publicly yet so is it simply that they will get to the dealer now and wait there as part of a solution to storage logistics faced at the factory? In which case your progress is only a bit better off than it was on friday any how...
:Iamsorry

Now without wishing to start a scrap, you can under some circumstances get the dealer to request your vehicle is pulled forward to release from the port.
BUT......
2) You are all in roughly the same situation so there may be plans afoot to deal with with the glut of VW's
As pointed out already, no fix has been shared publicly yet so is it simply that they will get to the dealer now and wait there as part of a solution to storage logistics faced at the factory? In which case you are only a bit better off than you were on friday any how...

Thanks for that!!!

I’m going to remain positive/deluded....

Whatever the state of play with the resolution of the Nox issue, my van when it arrives at the dealer will be 2 or 3 weeks nearer than it otherwise would be.

Hopefully we’ll get a proper update from vw in the next few days.

Until then I’ll hold off ordering all my ‘essential’ purchases from the club shop!

BUT......
As pointed out already, no fix has been shared publicly yet so is it simply that they will get to the dealer now and wait there as part of a solution to storage logistics faced at the factory? In which case your progress is only a bit better off than it was on friday any how...
You’re quite right. We are buying ours from West Yorkshire Van Centre and I know two people have their vans there waiting to be released. I hope for their sake that this can be resolved soon. I can’t begin to imagine how it must feel to know your Cali has arrived and you can’t have it. Maybe I will know that feeling soon. Fingers crossed for us all.

Would VW really go to all expense of moving vehicles to Port if they didn’t believe a ‘fix’ had been approved by KBA that dealers would be capable of implementing?

Surely if things were still unresolved and they had storage problems they would look for somewhere closer to Hanover so vehicles could be returned for more substantial fix if necessary?

Maybe I’ve got my rose tinted glasses on!

Wesser Hwy very near Emden http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:6.0/centery:53.6/zoom:9

Hopefully shipping my Ocean tomorrow to take to West Yorkshire Van Centre. I think it very unlikely that VW would ship all these vehicles if the problem is not resolved. Its possible we will never know the details of the problem or the resolution. Only a few people are affected, it has not made big news in the National Press & its therefore in VW's interest to say as little as possible & hope its quietly forgotten.

The "technical fix" proposed by VW has not been accepted by the KBA.

The fix if / when approved takes around 30 minutes per vehicle to install and can be undertaken by the dealerships.

There are several factors affecting VW decision to ship the vans now; these are;

a) VW are struggling to maintain all the vehicles stockpiled at the factory.

b) More and more people waiting for their Cali's are demanding the loan of a temporary Cali in the meantime, this demand is set to escalate once Easter arrives.

c) If the KBA do accept the VW fix then the dealerships will apply the fix - happy days

d) If the KBA do not accept the VW fix then the vehicles will be placed in as the next worse polluting classification if they are not registered on or after the 1st April 2018. VW would be liable to pay this additional VED this re classification attracts (typical +£400 first year VED) . So by getting as many cars across to the dealerships and registered before the 1st April 2018 will mitigate VW losses. However, they have to assume we would you be willing to accept a vehicle that does not meet its agreed specification without compensation! That is VW / Dealerships will be in breach of contract. If you cannot meet your contractural obligations VW cannot simply refund deposits paid and cancel our orders. They must put you in a position you would have been in if they had honoured the contract (Google "loss of bargain" "loss of benefit" contract law") or pay damages to the aggrieved party.

Sorry I don't wear rose coloured glasses for good reason. VW is a business whose first responsibility is to their shareholders, not us!

I enjoy ship watching tooship31.jpg

The "technical fix" proposed by VW has not been accepted by the KBA.

The fix if / when approved takes around 30 minutes per vehicle to install and can be undertaken by the dealerships.

There are several factors affecting VW decision to ship the vans now; these are;

a) VW are struggling to maintain all the vehicles stockpiled at the factory.

b) More and more people waiting for their Cali's are demanding the loan of a temporary Cali in the meantime, this demand is set to escalate once Easter arrives.

c) If the KBA do accept the VW fix then the dealerships will apply the fix - happy days

d) If the KBA do not accept the VW fix then the vehicles will be placed in as the next worse polluting classification if they are not registered on or after the 1st April 2018. VW would be liable to pay this additional VED this re classification attracts (typical +£400 first year VED) . So by getting as many cars across to the dealerships and registered before the 1st April 2018 will mitigate VW losses. However, they have to assume we would you be willing to accept a vehicle that does not meet its agreed specification without compensation! That is VW / Dealerships will be in breach of contract. If you cannot meet your contractural obligations VW cannot simply refund deposits paid and cancel our orders. They must put you in a position you would have been in if they had honoured the contract (Google "loss of bargain" "loss of benefit" contract law") or pay damages to the aggrieved party.

Sorry I don't wear rose coloured glasses for good reason. VW is a business whose first responsibility is to their shareholders, not us!

How do you know that the KBA have not accepted vw’s fix - genuine question, is there a resource whereby you can see the status of the application?

Until we have further info from vw/KBA we’re still all just speculating as has been the case since December.

I’ve always been a glass half full kind of person, fortunately I haven’t been let down very often, I hope that continues!

How do you know that the KBA have not accepted vw’s fix - genuine question, is there a resource whereby you can see the status of the application?

Until we have further info from vw/KBA we’re still all just speculating as has been the case since December.

I’ve always been a glass half full kind of person, fortunately I haven’t been let down very often, I hope that continues!
Agree. Where is the information the fix has not been accepted by KBA? What was released some time back was no manufacturer has met real world testing apart from one or two specific models.

Pretty sure the above 'not accepted' is just a turn of phrase. As in, it has not yet been accepted. As opposed to it has been rejected.

I hope. Either way, BlueYonder knows how to keep this thread going!

What's the forum record on number of pages?

What's the forum record on number of pages?
Matt's thread "View from/of your van" will soon be celebrating its 1500th post. It started in August 2015 so about 50 posts per month.

This is post 714, but in less than 3 months, so a rate five times greater than Matt's thread.

However, I suspect that this thread will be almost dead within the next month.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

With Easter looming, it must be time to up the anti?

Matt's thread "View from/of your van" will soon be celebrating its 1500th post. It started in August 2015 so about 50 posts per month.

This is post 714, but in less than 3 months, so a rate five times greater than Matt's thread.

However, I suspect that this thread will be almost dead within the next month.

Maybe it's time to buy shares in the forum shop...

I’ve got a date with Nick on Friday. :) The pile in our spare bedroom fills up by the day. On Friday it will be even bigger. :happy Only essentials lol. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to remember all the things we bought for a year living in our van but did not bring away with us.

1. Thule EasyBase and EasyBag
2. 25m + 15m hookup cable
3. Children's sleeping bags

I'm glad we have them. They will all be used over the lifetime of our van.

Now at status 38 and has been released to the ship on the 3/3/2018. It will arrive in the UK port of Grimsby. Waiting for the vehicle to be assigned to the ship so unable to confirm the ship name at this point.

However.. Weser Highway is currently in port in Emden... It's only been there 25 minutes so I expect it will be loaded and away hopefully tomorrow. Looks like the journey to the uk takes 23 hours.

Back