Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Another from Mark + West Yorkshire Van Centre @richmclark ?

We need to arrange with him to all collect on the same day from him at this rate. We'll be just like the 'Listers Litter' from Coventry late last year !!
:) Yes it sounds like Mark will be busy. The only question is when. Weeks? Months? I got an email today from him and he thought VW may be making an announcement in the next couple of days. Oh I hope so, especially for the people who already have their Calis at their dealers. Everything crossed.

:) Yes it sounds like Mark will be busy. The only question is when. Weeks? Months? I got an email today from him and he thought VW may be making an announcement in the next couple of days. Oh I hope so, especially for the people who already have their Calis at their dealers. Everything crossed.
Certainly hope so too ... especially having spent £2k on having things done to it already!:shocked

Certainly hope so too ... especially having spent £2k on having things done to it already!:shocked
That sounds interesting. What sort of things? If you don’t mind me being nosey. :sorry Just really interested.
Jo

That sounds interesting. What sort of things? If you don’t mind me being nosey. :sorry Just really interested.
Jo
Not nosey! ... three things... dashcams, replacement speakers and detailing

Yes Mark will be busy. Was tempted to get a few extras fitted but in the end just want to get it.

How many of us are waiting on one from Mark which is stuck in this backlog

Not nosey! ... three things... dashcams, replacement speakers and detailing
Ooh exciting. Did the dealer fit the dash cams ? That’s a thought as I was thinking about having one fitted after but may look into that. Detailing too. I’m hoping and have everything crossed it won’t be long now that you’re out there having amazing times and making memories. :)

Yes Mark will be busy. Was tempted to get a few extras fitted but in the end just want to get it.

How many of us are waiting on one from Mark which is stuck in this backlog
Sorry not too sure how many delayed but I know he has two with him at the dealers waiting to go. :(

Ooh exciting. Did the dealer fit the dash cams ? That’s a thought as I was thinking about having one fitted after but may look into that. Detailing too. I’m hoping and have everything crossed it won’t be long now that you’re out there having amazing times and making memories. :)
It wasn't the dealer themselves that did it but someone they'd used before and he did it on their site, and sent me lots of pics of the really shiny lovely cali....... and it was literally the day after I'd paid for the work (and sold our only car!) that I was told I could have it :headbang .... But VW have been really good to us so far and we have a rental Cali that we've spent 4 nights in so far (all in sub zero temperatures!) complete with tumble drier tubes and all other great ideas we've got from this site!

It wasn't the dealer themselves that did it but someone they'd used before and he did it on their site, and sent me lots of pics of the really shiny lovely cali....... and it was literally the day after I'd paid for the work (and sold our only car!) that I was told I could have it :headbang .... But VW have been really good to us so far and we have a rental Cali that we've spent 4 nights in so far (all in sub zero temperatures!) complete with tumble drier tubes and all other great ideas we've got from this site!
Ah right. Oh that’s torture seeing it. :talktothehand If it is the photo on your avatar it looks amazing. :)

Ah right. Oh that’s torture seeing it. :talktothehand If it is the photo on your avatar it looks amazing. :)
... it's not actually that one but looks the same - most of the photos were indoors on the workshop and mostly close-ups of what he'd done to it so I've stuck with the look alike avatar!

... it's not actually that one but looks the same - most of the photos were indoors on the workshop and mostly close-ups of what he'd done to it so I've stuck with the look alike avatar!
Same colour as our order. It’s good to hear you’ve got a rental one. Nice to have one to practise on. Enjoy and just think better to come :)

Same colour as our order. It’s good to hear you’ve got a rental one. Nice to have one to practise on. Enjoy and just think better to come :)
Here's one of the actual pics...(although I imagine it's looking a bit less shiny by now after 3 months!)IMG-20171221-WA0010.jpg

This may help you all - direct from VW Hub minutes ago

Most Transporter type M1 (passenger) diesel vehicles that were removed from ordering at the start of February are available to factory order again from Tuesday 6 March – only these three models remain unavailable:

• 150PS manual
  • 204PS manual
  • 204PS manual 4MOTION

Revised technical data

All models becoming available again have revised technical data. This information supersedes all their previously published technical data and is now included in the relevant
brochures and price lists.

Vehicles blocked from registration

All affected vehicles that are already built or in the pipeline –
apart from those tagged to Motability or wheelchair access vehicle (WAV) converters – remain temporarily blocked from being registered and handed over.

The process for handling existing customer and converter orders that are blocked from registration will be confirmed soon.

For what it's worth I've been checking the configurator and recently they have only had the petrol engines on however all the diesel engines are back on it today.

Soon when ?? It must have been in mid-February and we are already almost in mid-March ... it sounds like a big mockery and no willingness to talk with customers now annoyed to have their California stopped somewhere, turned to bad weather and unusable ... :sad

The diesels have indeed reappeared on the configurator. I notice the reduced mpg and increased CO2 figures :(

The diesels have indeed reappeared on the configurator. I notice the reduced mpg and increased CO2 figures :(

I'm seeing 42.2 mpg and 175 g/km on the UK config tool. Was it 45 mpg and 163 g/km before? Let's face it, they seem to openly lie about these figures anyway.

I can't remember what the exact quoted figure was before for the 204dsg, but 38.7mpg & 190g/km IIRC isn't very far away.

Speculation that the power outputs would be reduced hasn't materialised.

I just wish VW would tell us what they're planning to do with the vans that are already in the system...

I can't remember what the exact quoted figure was before for the 204dsg, but 38.7mpg & 190g/km IIRC isn't very far away.

Speculation that the power outputs would be reduced hasn't materialised.

The 204DSG was 44.1mpg and 169g/km

As far as the power reductions are concerned, that was due for MY19 for May/June.

Thanks Loz - Does anyone know/remember what the 'old' mpg and CO2 stated measures were for the 150 DSG please?

Useful for discussions with VW central :)

From the 2017 December Brochure.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 14.48.20.jpg

Thanks Loz - Does anyone know/remember what the 'old' mpg and CO2 stated measures were for the 150 DSG please?

Useful for discussions with VW central :)
August 2017 Brochure available in VIP Downloads

The 204DSG was 44.1mpg and 169g/km

As far as the power reductions are concerned, that was due for MY19 for May/June.
That's a bigger difference than I thought! Not sure what difference they'll be in the real world with the economy - maybe VW are trying to be more honest :veryfunny

Back