Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

It's good to hear some of your orders are moving. Mine however...

You are now connected with Ismahil
Me I wondered if you could give me an update on my order 18:27:59
Ismahil Hi, you're through to Ismahil at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. I can certainly have a look for you, can I just take your order number, please? 18:28:41
Me Sure. It's ******** 18:28:57
Ismahil Thank you, I will just be a few moments.18:29:13
Me Thank you 18:29:27
Ismahil Thank you for waiting, currently the order tracking system is still showing your California Beach as a status code 20 with a confirmed build week 49. We are waiting for an update from the factory regarding this order.18:32:55
Me Build week 49 as in Dec 2017?18:33:50
Ismahil Yes that is correct, the system still needs to be updated from the factory.18:34:34
Me Has it been built do you know?18:35:21
Ismahil I can't confirm this until we get an update regarding your order.18:35:48
Me Is it still being held up due to the emission issue?18:37:18
Ismahil We haven't received an update therefore I can't confirm what is causing the delay. I can setup a case for you to get a case manager to have a look into this for you. I will need to take some details.18:38:40
Me Dont worry. Jay Mitchell has already called.18:39:28
Ismahil That's great, no problem. Is there anything else I can look into for you today?18:40:00
Me Thats all. Thank you.

I'm looking for a silver lining but can't see one.

:Iamsorry :headbang Oh I’m really sorry to hear that. Could you maybe ring them tomorrow and talk to someone else ? So many questions! Non of this makes sense. I hope you hear better news in the very near future.
Jo

Sure it's not week 49 in 2018? :eek:

I am sure it will be fine and will provide material for some laughs in the distant future!

It's good to hear some of your orders are moving. Mine however...

You are now connected with Ismahil
Me I wondered if you could give me an update on my order 18:27:59
Ismahil Hi, you're through to Ismahil at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. I can certainly have a look for you, can I just take your order number, please? 18:28:41
Me Sure. It's ******** 18:28:57
Ismahil Thank you, I will just be a few moments.18:29:13
Me Thank you 18:29:27
Ismahil Thank you for waiting, currently the order tracking system is still showing your California Beach as a status code 20 with a confirmed build week 49. We are waiting for an update from the factory regarding this order.18:32:55
Me Build week 49 as in Dec 2017?18:33:50
Ismahil Yes that is correct, the system still needs to be updated from the factory.18:34:34
Me Has it been built do you know?18:35:21
Ismahil I can't confirm this until we get an update regarding your order.18:35:48
Me Is it still being held up due to the emission issue?18:37:18
Ismahil We haven't received an update therefore I can't confirm what is causing the delay. I can setup a case for you to get a case manager to have a look into this for you. I will need to take some details.18:38:40
Me Dont worry. Jay Mitchell has already called.18:39:28
Ismahil That's great, no problem. Is there anything else I can look into for you today?18:40:00
Me Thats all. Thank you.

I'm looking for a silver lining but can't see one.

Very similar to my experience just now, mine is still showing as build week 50 and factory haven’t updated ‍♂️

It's so frustrating. Jay doesn't have anything further to say. Conversations with him are plain awkward now.

It sounded like things were moving yesterday so I thought I'd try Ismahil...

The kids were crowding round the laptop hoping for good news. They've gone to bed gutted.

It's so frustrating. Jay doesn't have anything further to say. Conversations with him are plain awkward now.

The kids were crowding round the laptop hoping for good news. They've gone to bed gutted.

That is awful :sad

I feel gutted for you.

That is awful :sad

I feel gutted for you.

Me too.
Time to remember some Jimmy Cliff..
The harder the battle seems...the sweeter the victory.

And of course (eventually) you can get it if you really want.

The only rationale I can think of is that VW have run out of storage space in Hannover and need to shunt vehicles.

Last in / first out.

I really hope they can start registering vehicles soon, but you've got to think that if all was well, the vehicles sat on dealer forecourts would be out there making memories!

I've got an empty space on my drive and I'd rather not have a discourtesy car... thanks all the same VW.

Now at status 38 and has been released to the ship on the 3/3/2018. It will arrive in the UK port of Grimsby. Waiting for the vehicle to be assigned to the ship so unable to confirm the ship name at this point.

However.. Weser Highway is currently in port in Emden... It's only been there 25 minutes so I expect it will be loaded and away hopefully tomorrow. Looks like the journey to the uk takes 23 hours.

Makassar Highway, unloaded at Sheerness and already sailing for..... Cuxhaven!!! :(.

Last edited:
I've just spoken to VW Customer Services, and my 150DSG Beach still has a block on it at the Factory (was built in December) - VWCS couldn't confirm when it was likely to be released but said it was usually 3-4 weeks after the block has been removed.

I know Jay has said they are expediting delivery when the blocks are removed, but am not expecting to receive it till after Easter now. So I'm going to proceed with the sale of my car, and accept their loan car (Audi Q5) till the van arives now..

It actually works out quite nicely as we're on holiday over Easter (pre-arranged holiday with a lot of family going). The loan car can also be dropped off at the VW Dealer when i come to pick up the van, which is a bonus as the VW Dealer is 125 miles away and i'd be getting a train otherwise

In a word, you're not alone!

Many of us in the same boat (or our vehicles will be on the same boat soon hopefully!).
I had a top spec California on order and I was told it was ready December 19th. I received an email the same day saying VW would not release any new Californias.
I find no fault with the dealer, Robinson’s of Peterborough, from whom I bought my present California and have given me excellent service.
However by mid February I was becoming concerned and cancelled the order. My main concern was if VW couldn’t get the emissions problem sorted on a new vehicle, what would be the prognosis 3 or 4 years later when the emissions controls are bound to be stricter?

Now at status 38 and has been released to the ship on the 3/3/2018. It will arrive in the UK port of Grimsby. Waiting for the vehicle to be assigned to the ship so unable to confirm the ship name at this point.

However.. Weser Highway is currently in port in Emden... It's only been there 25 minutes so I expect it will be loaded and away hopefully tomorrow. Looks like the journey to the uk takes 23 hours.

She’s just left port heading for Grimsby, is your van on it?

No joy on the Weser Highway tonight. Ismahil says it can take up to a week to be assigned a ship. I'll be checking daily, of course !
Me too, although I can’t work out which ships, if any are working the Sheerness route

Ours is waiting to be allocated a ship at the moment. :talktothehand Hay ho.

I had a top spec California on order and I was told it was ready December 19th. I received an email the same day saying VW would not release any new Californias.
I find no fault with the dealer, Robinson’s of Peterborough, from whom I bought my present California and have given me excellent service.
However by mid February I was becoming concerned and cancelled the order. My main concern was if VW couldn’t get the emissions problem sorted on a new vehicle, what would be the prognosis 3 or 4 years later when the emissions controls are bound to be stricter?
:Iamsorry But I don’t understand your reasoning. ANY vehicle bought now will be Euro 6 compliant. That’s it, for the life of the vehicle.
If new regulations are enacted, Euro 7 or 8 in years to come then they will not be retroactive but only apply to vehicles newly manufactured.
As long as a vehicle tests to the Emissions Standards in force when first registered then it is legal. It might be restricted in where it can travel but it will still be legal.

Good news I think. This morning my dealer finally told me he has a chassis number and just waiting for it to be assigned to a ship.

Ismahil on chat then gave me the disappointing news that it is waiting to be allocated to a ship but even then it can be 4 weeks before it can get to the dealer - 4 weeks! Grimsby to Batley, West Yorkshire is only a couple of hours at worst

Going to try again at the end of the week

After waiting for any news, at least we now have something

Good news I think. This morning my dealer finally told me he has a chassis number and just waiting for it to be assigned to a ship.

Ismahil on chat then gave me the disappointing news that it is waiting to be allocated to a ship but even then it can be 4 weeks before it can get to the dealer - 4 weeks! Grimsby to Batley, West Yorkshire is only a couple of hours at worst

Going to try again at the end of the week

After waiting for any news, at least we now have something

Regrettably, unless the emissions issue is resolved, it will be sitting at the dealers' :headbang:headbang

Another from Mark + West Yorkshire Van Centre @richmclark ?

We need to arrange with him to all collect on the same day from him at this rate. We'll be just like the 'Listers Litter' from Coventry late last year !!

:Iamsorry But I don’t understand your reasoning. ANY vehicle bought now will be Euro 6 compliant. That’s it, for the life of the vehicle.
If new regulations are enacted, Euro 7 or 8 in years to come then they will not be retroactive but only apply to vehicles newly manufactured.
As long as a vehicle tests to the Emissions Standards in force when first registered then it is legal. It might be restricted in where it can travel but it will still be legal.

Back