Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

An update of sorts...

We've got a new case manager and he's expecting letters to be sent to customers by COB Monday (Latest) explaining what is going on.

Thankfully our van is now at the port of exit. It will be transferred to Sheerness and held there until the fix is approved.

CM said that VW have a team on standby to apply the fix before onward delivery to the dealer and they seemed to imply that this would be applied at the port before import into the UK.

I asked why vehicles were being moved before the fix was approved and he said that this was due to capacity at the factory. i.e. They've run out of space!

Fingers crossed the imminent letter will be good news and outline a timetable for remediation and delivery.
Progress is inching along!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have updated my list original I missed that. Very odd that they list a 150 4motion manual and not a 150 2WD Manual.

Beach - 150 Manual Gearbox TSI only
Beach - 150 DSG Gearbox TDI only

Ocean - 150 Manual Gearbox TSI
Ocean - 204 Manual Gearbox TSI
Ocean - 150 DSG Gearbox TDI
Ocean - 150 Manual Gearbox 4Motion TDI
Ocean - 204 DSG Gearbox TDI
Ocean - 204 DSG Gearbox 4Motion TDI

Sorry @Gazellio, 204TSI is dsg only!
:)

Just had a quick look at emissions data showing on the configurator entries just reintroduced for the diesels. A 204 TDI DSG Ocean is now 38.7mpg combined / 190g/km CO2. Compares to 44.1 / 169 when we got ours in 2016. Quite a difference.

I have just phoned the VW customer care phone line as I couldn’t use the VW app as my purchase was classified as a commercial sale (purchased through the company we hired a Cali out from for a weekend trial who blew the local VW dealership away with a fantastic deal). All I knew was that I had a scheduled build of week 1. The good news is that I was told it has been built and is in Germany and that the latest date it will be shipped to the UK is 19th March, and will be with the dealer a week later. The bad news is that I then asked whether the dealer will be able to register the vehicle and she was unaware of the issue or even that there is currently a problem! But overall it looks like good news.

Here is an update from the dealer from email exchanges throughout the day ....
10:53am....
“The Manual M1 Passenger carrying vehicles have been released - DSG should be any day.”
15:38pm....
“Im reliably informed that the DSG release will be this Friday, tomorrow.”

Cautiously hopeful that this is coming to an end. :thumb

“The Manual M1 Passenger carrying vehicles have been released - DSG should be any day.”

But people been told they'll not receive their manuals and instead will be given the 'free upgrade' to a DSG..?

Hmmm... I also heard about the ''free upgrade'' from manual to DSG, but my VW dealer doesn't know anything about that.
I looks that we know more than them or they are just pretending that they don't know...
if I get a free DSG upgrade I would be happy to wait for another week ;)
but I really don't know what VW will do with all multivans that are already on the roads since 2015? They will also get a free DSG upgrade? Don't thing so...

I've just managed to order mine today - the order books are clearly back open. 204ps TDI 4motion Ocean.

Still in the dark as to whether it'll be able to be register in the UK though....it's a UK car....I'm moving back to the UK in July.

From what I understand (from this thread), VW are now delivering to dealers, but they can't register them with the DVLA and therefore currently no change for us?

You make an excellent point and I wish you good luck in suing VW for breach of contract.

I just want my vehicle and will have had a lot of use out of it before you get any success with suing VW. In fact it will probably cost you more than the price of your van.

Now back to finding out a shipping date ...

Not expensive just £105 small claims court and costs awarded if successful. Most companies will not fight if you have a water tight case and you seek to recover only reasonable losses punitive ridiculous claims will be thrown out).

Not expensive just £105 small claims court and costs awarded if successful. Most companies will not fight if you have a water tight case and you seek to recover only reasonable losses punitive ridiculous claims will be thrown out).

Just to be clear our contract is with the Dealerships. They are not owned by VW.

Still no boat assigned to mine yet.

Anyone else actually had any more progress than their Cali now residing in Emden?
No, just been chatting to Ismahil, I’ve gone from ‘a boat will be assigned within 2 days’ to ‘it can take 14 days’ so it feels like it’s going backwards.
I did remind him that vw had stated that more resource was being brought in, in order to expedite the delivery of the ‘on hold’ vans.
Clearly Ismahil and his colleagues are caught between a rock and a hard place.
What would really p**s me off is if vans being made this week to the new spec overtake vans that are on hold.... I might get quite irrational at that point.

If yours is at the port of exit, I don't think they hang around. Poor ol' Ismahil has to have some cover. It'll move soon I reckon. That said there is obviously a bit of a glut at the moment so bottlenecks will happen.
It's this side of the channel thats slower.

An update of sorts...

We've got a new case manager and he's expecting letters to be sent to customers by COB Monday (Latest) explaining what is going on.

Thankfully our van is now at the port of exit. It will be transferred to Sheerness and held there until the fix is approved.

CM said that VW have a team on standby to apply the fix before onward delivery to the dealer and they seemed to imply that this would be applied at the port before import into the UK.

I asked why vehicles were being moved before the fix was approved and he said that this was due to capacity at the factory. i.e. They've run out of space!

Fingers crossed the imminent letter will be good news and outline a timetable for remediation and delivery.

I had a similar update from Jay earlier. He told me that he was confident that as it’s at port it would be shipped quickly because VW have to pay for that storage space whereas the factory was free. This was his assumption. He also said fix would be applied at port and fix should get the green light soon otherwise they wouldn’t have started moving them. Only time will tell.....

I wonder if poor Ishmail has any holiday owing...
If he has, I doubt that he will want a trip camping in a Cali!! Poor bloke probably has nightmares, being chased down the street by hundreds of driverless Californias.

Looks like the Weser Highway is now doing an Immingham run, so not Grimsby any more. Need to up the ante on ship stalking and find out what other ship it might be now...

MUST NOT BUY PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP OF VESSELFINDER!!!

Looks like the Weser Highway is now doing an Immingham run, so not Grimsby any more. Need to up the ante on ship stalking and find out what other ship it might be now...

There's one called California Highway floating about somewhere. You get double points if your van is shipped on that.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Currently near Brisbane, so unlikely for my Cali unless it's going to have a big trip back!! I'll give Ismahil a shout later !!

I think we need to all club together and buy Luke and Ismahil a present of some kind. I almost talk to them daily at the moment, as must many others. Have we got any vwcaliforniaclub mugs or something!!?

Does this mean that you did and are not impressed? If yes, on behalf of the rest of the people stalking their vans, thanks for taking that bullet for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back