Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Talking of stalking... tomorrow will be three months to the day that our dealership sent us a video of our van, fresh off the delivery lorry and on their forecourt.

It's not healthy how many times I've watched it. A clever person wouldn't!

Does this mean that you did and are not impressed? If yes, on behalf of the rest of the people stalking their vans, thanks for taking that bullet for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I haven’t, I just need to keep resisting the urge as it gives more history of ship movements etc. Totally unnecessary!!

sorry if this is negative but if they are shipping vans to the uk why haven't they released the vans already here? I have to say i'm not waiting for a delivery but I do feel your pain my patience would have run out by now.

sorry if this is negative but if they are shipping vans to the uk why haven't they released the vans already here? I have to say i'm not waiting for a delivery but I do feel your pain my patience would have run out by now.

I agree. The nightmare will not be over until registrations begin. In the meantime hope has given excitement over desperation. I hope it will be good news for you guys very soon.

I suspect the marketing ‘spin doctors’ will need executive sign off to whatever words and financial impact their proposals may have!

I suspect the marketing ‘spin doctors’ will need executive sign off to whatever words and financial impact their proposals may have!
I seem to recall that VW sacked their top PR man for telling the truth about VW sponsoring monkey experiments.

Perhaps the entire VW PR team are afraid of telling the truth in this latest saga.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I wonder whether it's an issue with the DVLA - if the emissions on the vehicles don't match with what DVLA have then maybe the DVLA won't register them *shrugs shoulders*

As John Cleese says in Clockwise, "it's not the despair, I can handle the despair, it's the hope."

My van is scheduled to be shipped to the Port of Tyne, confirmed by Jay.
Ooh, and there’s a City of Sunderland ship in Emden tomorrow with destination to Port of Tyne on Sunday.
I soooo hope my van catches a ride on this!!:Nailbiting:Nailbiting
Just need the block on registrations lifted!!
Come on VW!:eek::D:confused::mad::headbang

Last edited:
Our van is being delivered to us in the next 10 days.... apparently they can reregister it (ours had been registered but untaxed as it all happened on the same day) but I’m not sure if that means it would be considered as a pre reg? Dealer says not...

The are offering nothing for the fact that our van has been at the dealership for over 3 months just as a heads up. I’m guessing they are expecting us all to be too excited to care. They might just be right.

I don’t know the details of the fix yet but will try and find out.

Our van is being delivered to us in the next 10 days.... apparently they can reregister it (ours had been registered but untaxed as it all happened on the same day) but I’m not sure if that means it would be considered as a pre reg? Dealer says not...

The are offering nothing for the fact that our van has been at the dealership for over 3 months just as a heads up. I’m guessing they are expecting us all to be too excited to care. They might just be right.

I don’t know the details of the fix yet but will try and find out.
If it has been registered was that in December ? Surely you’ve lost out on three months driving time. No compensation for that ? :(

If it has been registered was that in December ? Surely you’ve lost out on three months driving time. No compensation for that ? :(

Yeah registered on the 4th December... It was my husband who spoke to the dealer so I’m not sure exactly what was said but definitely sounded like there wasn’t going to be any offers on the table whatsoever.

This may have been covered already in this thread but it is getting rather long now and I may have missed a few...
My 204 TDI DSG 4Motion has been released according to the dealer. I note now that the CO2 figure has gone up from 189 to 204 which makes it a band higher for first year reg, £1200 instead of £800 and if after the 1st April I assume the extra £500 will apply or have they met the DVLA requirements? So for me the delay and reclassification will cost me an extra £900!

Ooooh! Intrigue! Great news for you Grant.

On Dec 19th you started this thread and said your patience was wearing thin. Congrats for hanging in there!

Just had a call f I’m my dealer stating that my vehicle which has been sat there for three months can now be registered
That’s great news too. Looks like things are moving then. :bananadance2

Ooooh! Intrigue! Great news for you Grant.

On Dec 19th you started this thread and said your patience was wearing thin. Congrats for hanging in there!
CarrieCali this looks good news for you. :)

Yeah registered on the 4th December... It was my husband who spoke to the dealer so I’m not sure exactly what was said but definitely sounded like there wasn’t going to be any offers on the table whatsoever.
How can the dealer possibly deliver you a van that was registered in 2017 (and has a 67 plate) as brand new and say it wasn’t pre registered??
This will have a very real impact on the resale value, at least in the short/medium term.

@Grant you’ll get the new plate so I suppose it’s not so different to mine having been sat at the factory since mid December...

Just had an email from my dealer as well

"Just to let you know that the issue regarding the registration block on California’s is now resolved and your vehicle will soon be released for delivery to the dealership when we will then be able to prepare it for collection. The exact time scale is not known yet but this is expected to be by the end of March / early April.

You will receive a letter next week from VW Commercial Vehicles so please look out for this as it does contain important information."

Just had a call f I’m my dealer stating that my vehicle which has been sat there for three months can now be registered
Do you know the co2 figure that it’s being registered with?

Have they applied a software update?

Great news that wagons are rolling though!

How can the dealer possibly deliver you a van that was registered in 2017 (and has a 67 plate) as brand new and say it wasn’t pre registered??
This will have a very real impact on the resale value, at least in the short/medium term.

@Grant you’ll get the new plate so I suppose it’s not so different to mine having been sat at the factory since mid December...
The Original Registration was probably deemed void as the stated emissions were wrong. Thus the vehicle was not legally Registered otherwise there was no reason for it to be held at the Dealership.

He said that because it wasn’t taxed they can re-register it. I’m guessing that means it would count as a first time registration? If that is even possible? I really have no idea about these things unfortunately!

I'd say so and you get an 18 plate right?

He said that because it wasn’t taxed they can re-register it. I’m guessing that means it would count as a first time registration? If that is even possible? I really have no idea about these things unfortunately!
OK, if they’re registering as of March then fair enough!

That's really frustrating. So what now?

It sits in your dealers yard until VW push out a "campaign" update and the dealers "fixes" it so that it can be registered. Or has it already been registered and they can't release it until it's been "fixed"?

Have you paid any more than a deposit?

Feeling slightly depressed last night, I started trawling the classifieds, sank to a new low and ended up looking at Marco Polo's. :shocked

I feel better today thankfully.
I feel there is something wrong with the new engine.. my beach 18myhs old 20K just seized up and came to a juddering holt! taken to dealership who claims he has 4 vans in with similar problems! yet to find out what gone wrong.. could be a new engine!!! very depressing

Back