Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

How can the dealer possibly deliver you a van that was registered in 2017 (and has a 67 plate) as brand new and say it wasn’t pre registered??
This will have a very real impact on the resale value, at least in the short/medium term.

@Grant you’ll get the new plate so I suppose it’s not so different to mine having been sat at the factory since mid December...
@California7, 18 plate confirmed. I believe the dealer will supply a list of numbers to pick from

I feel there is something wrong with the new engine.. my beach 18myhs old 20K just seized up and came to a juddering holt! taken to dealership who claims he has 4 vans in with similar problems! yet to find out what gone wrong.. could be a new engine!!! very depressing
This sounds like it needs its own thread

I feel there is something wrong with the new engine.. my beach 18myhs old 20K just seized up and came to a juddering holt! taken to dealership who claims he has 4 vans in with similar problems! yet to find out what gone wrong.. could be a new engine!!! very depressing
Strange. The 150 is the biggest seller by far. Thousands out there and I know of several fleet users with over 35k miles without problem. I think you must have been unlucky but hope VW do the honourable thing and give you a complete new engine. Good luck.

Great news Grant5 I'm in a similar position as you my van is at Lookers in Darnley was told on Tuesday it would be any day now. Heard nothing today will be on the phone tomorrow.

Great news Grant5 I'm in a similar position as you my van is at Lookers in Darnley was told on Tuesday it would be any day now. Heard nothing today will be on the phone tomorrow.
Apparently, there was a bulletin received by the dealers later afternoon. All he said was, “the fix could be completed by them” and “the MPG has changed” and I will receive a letter from VW early next week with the offer to accept or refuse the vehicle

Spoken to our friend Jay this morning.... Good news is that wagons are rolling. Ours is either en route to the port or on a boat already. The suggested fix will be applied when it reaches the UK port. We should expect our bus to reach the dealer in the next couple of weeks.

Bad news is the pending arrival of the ominous letter from VW which will "explain everything". Jay claims to have no info on the problem or its fix, however, reading other posts it looks like we'll be going up an emissions/tax band... If that's the case, Jay distinctly said on a previous call that VW would honour the difference in any cost uplift that may result from the "fix".

We await the letter with baited breath... Maybe VW will be offering compensation before we have to ask?

I'm off to watch the pigs flying past my window....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The suggested fix will be applied when it reaches the UK port. We should expect our bus to reach the dealer in the next couple of weeks.

The fact that there is now a new set of figures for CO2 emissions and MPG change the cost of taxing the vehicle for the 1st time. This has allowed the registration of the vehicles to start again hasn't it?

So is there more to come regarding a fix???

If that's the case, Jay distinctly said on a previous call that VW would honour the difference in any cost uplift that may result from the "fix".

I really hope the reclassification is the fix.

The fact that there is now a new set of figures for CO2 emissions and MPG change the cost of taxing the vehicle for the 1st time. This has allowed the registration of the vehicles to start again hasn't it?

So is there more to come regarding a fix???

I really hope the reclassification is the fix.

Hi I don't think they have been given the green light to start registering .I spoke with with Carrs of Exeter this morning and confirmed that NO green light has been given, they have 2 there waiting to be registered and confirmed that they have not been given the software to fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi a friend of mine has paid for his cali since December it sitting in the dealers since january
he was told on friday the issue has been resolved and he will be able to pick it up next week .

Here is a copy of the conversation we have had with our dealers over the past two days about our Cali which has been sat in their showroom.

Subject: UPDATE

I think it has been released this evening, so we have to run a software update on it Monday, and then you can have it the following Monday.
I’ll get the technicians on it either tomorrow or Monday first thing. BUT EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!
Rob

Thanks for that info Rob, Oooh can't wait.
Does that mean the vehicle will be Euro 6 compliant? and what difference will the software make to the mpg and emissions.
Regards Caroline

Hi,
I don’t know until the technicians get into the settings.
I believe from what I am reading online (Facebook)the written/advertised MPG is dropping and emissions rising, how much, I don’t know.
Rob

This is quite an interesting article about the scale of the VED from all manufacturers that is not paid due to understating the emissions.
False emissions ratings cost UK more than £2bn a year – report
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-2bn-a-year-report?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Gmail

Edit:- interesting bit towards the end of the article saying that some diesel engines, BMW, VW, etc are less polluting than some of the petrol engines.

Last edited:
If he has a look at his company's latest product literature available on their public website he'll know.
Not necessarily. New engines being built could have some other modifications built in from new, whereas present , built, engines might just have a software change.

Not necessarily. New engines being built could have some other modifications built in from new, whereas present , built, engines might just have a software change.
Fingers crossed that you're right and I'm wrong and the vans already built won't be subject to the increased CO2 outputs just published by VW.

I'd love to know if these new figures that are in the brochure are the new RDE / WLTP real world driving figures.

The VW Up! GTI has just gone through the WLTP regime and seen a 15% gain in CO2 output figures and combined MPG drop from 49mpg to 42mpg. Sound familiar?

Just makes me wonder if they are trying to soften the blow when in Sept18 all diesels must have RDE/WLTP figures published??

Fingers crossed that you're right and I'm wrong and the vans already built won't be subject to the increased CO2 outputs just published by VW.

unfortunately itguy you are right and Welshgas is wrong. All will be revealed by Wednesday.

what engine? it's shocking how long engines last these days. how environmental friendly is that eh.but someone is right.its another thread this baby. start a thread mate

Who knows who will be the first to receive his Cali ??
First in England or before in Italy?
And then if we receive it ... can we register it?
Or we can limit ourselves to go and see him at the dealership a couple of times a week as we do with a patient in the hospital who will soon be able to return home ....... ;)

're going up a tax band - this also happened a year ago for the 150 DSG Ocean. Just before I took delivery I received a letter from VW informing me that the official CO2 figure had increased to 166g/km which took it into the next tax band. VW offered £250 of store vouchers or the option to cancel the order and get a full refund.

With the increase in the initial registration cost and annual road tax renewal, VW effectively offered compensation for about the first 5 years of ownership.

I hope they treat those of you who are still waiting to get your van well.

Could I ask a favour please? If anyone gets the letter that VW are supposedly sending out today could they post it (or the gist of it) on this forum please? Any letter that VW send out about my car is likely to go through a convoluted route involving dealer, leasing company and my employer so it could be a few days before it reaches me. Ta ever so.

So... the latest from my dealer is that yes I should be expecting a letter from VW soon :Nailbiting and they're expecting to get the software upload this week. After applying it they will then need to get VW to redo the conformity - so prob another 5 days...:bananadance2

Back