Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

So... the latest from my dealer is that yes I should be expecting a letter from VW soon :Nailbiting and they're expecting to get the software upload this week. After applying it they will then need to get VW to redo the conformity - so prob another 5 days...:bananadance2
Great news. I hope they pull out all their fingers for you!

Ours is sat at the port of exit. Latest estimate 4 - 5 weeks!

That's our Easter weekend plans ruined. :(

Hi Everyone , my dealer has just confirmed my van is in the uk and he expects to have it in Exeter next week. He believes the update on mine done at the factory. So we should hopefully have it in 2 weeks, which is exciting. It was build week 4.

Hi Everyone , my dealer has just confirmed my van is in the uk and he expects to have it in Exeter next week. He believes the update on mine done at the factory. So we should hopefully have it in 2 weeks, which is exciting. It was build week 4.
Ours was build week 4 too but ours is still at the port. :( That’s great news for you Craig. :happy

Ours was week 49 but also still at the port and has been since 3rd March. Ismahil has just told me it could be 14 days from arrival at port to being shipped. Very frustrating!

Ours was build week 4 too but ours is still at the port. :( That’s great news for you Craig. :happy
Thanks Jo, he also said it will definitely be registered before the 1st of April to avoid vw having to pay the extra road tax, I hope this applies to yours too.

That's good news Craig, hopefully you'll have it before Easter. Mine was week 50 and has been at the port since 7th March so judging by the recent posts we've established there's absolutely no link between when it's built and when it gets to the dealer *rolls eyes*

Great to hear that vans are moving for some. Mine is also still sat at the port waiting for a boat. :(

Nope me neither...
Mine's the same, built week 2, sat at the port from 3rd March and I got the same response from Ishmael, could be 14 days, so should be within the next 5 days.(don't believe that!)

Also tried to ring Jay and his boss Havr, promised a call back but nothing.

This really is a classic case of how not to treat a customer, I really would like to tell them where to go with their vans, but I very much doubt I will.

Mine arrived at the UK port last night and had its fix done at the factory. Built week 50.
All we need is this letter and we’re good to go.
Come on VW!
Please use first class post as every day matters now. :headbang:headbang

Did anyone receive a letter from VW today?

I spoke to VWCS this morning and they were as vague as ever. 4 - 5 weeks and it was build week 49!

No mention of the promised letter.

Our dealer appears to have gone quiet too.

Come on VW!
Please use first class post as every day matters now. :headbang:headbang

A digital copy via email would be fine too.

We ordered our 150 DSG Ocean on 16th Jan, were allocated a week 9 build, and received a call from Steve in Exeter today saying it was in transit with a view to getting it registered before the 1st April tax changes! Will need to see it to believe it, but it’s all looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t understand why vw aren’t delivering vans in the order that they were built.

Mine was build week 49, it has been at the port for nearly 10 days with no news on when it will be shipped and no news from the dealer either, yet @thetallguy has been told his van that was build week 9 will be available to register before the end of the month... genuinely happy for you, but it just doesn’t make any sense! o_O

I’m finding it a lot more frustrating that my van is stuck at the port than I was when it was at the factory. It’s probably getting covered in seagull poo too!

I can’t understand why vw aren’t delivering vans in the order that they were built.

Mine was build week 49, it has been at the port for nearly 10 days with no news on when it will be shipped and no news from the dealer either, yet @thetallguy has been told his van that was build week 9 will be available to register before the end of the month... genuinely happy for you, but it just doesn’t make any sense! o_O

I’m finding it a lot more frustrating that my van is stuck at the port than I was when it was at the factory. It’s probably getting covered in seagull poo too!

Mine will be getting covered in seagull poo the moment it pulls up outside the house...

Looks like we are getting a new one - a 150 DSG instead of the manual that’s been at the dealers all this time. Not sure what they’ll do with that one but the new one hasn’t been shipped yet so we’ll be waiting for that now!

I can’t believe they’ve been building us a new van and didn’t think to let us know... or even ask if we wanted a DSG (we do!)

Anyone else who had a manual sat at the dealership now getting a different van?

I guess that clears up my issue with the registration!

Looks like we are getting a new one - a 150 DSG instead of the manual that’s been at the dealers all this time. Not sure what they’ll do with that one but the new one hasn’t been shipped yet so we’ll be waiting for that now!

I can’t believe they’ve been building us a new van and didn’t think to let us know... or even ask if we wanted a DSG (we do!)

Anyone else who had a manual sat at the dealership now getting a different van?

I guess that clears up my issue with the registration!

I also ordered a 150 manual transmission. I spoke today with my VW dealer but he couldn't tell me nothing new.
The only thing that he told me, was that the registration for the vans, already at the dealership, will bie possible at the end of this week...

Did anyone received the ''magic letter''?

Postman has just this second walked past, and no letter..

So looks like they’ve either sent them out second class or there’s a non-conformity issue on them and they’re stuck in VW land somewhere..

Just been told by Ismahil,
Thank you for waiting, I can confirm that your California Ocean was shipped on the 12/3/18 and is currently on the Makassar Highway. It will arrive at the UK port of Grimsby.

Hooray

Back