Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Just been told by Ismahil,
Thank you for waiting, I can confirm that your California Ocean was shipped on the 12/3/18 and is currently on the Makassar Highway. It will arrive at the UK port of Grimsby.

Hooray
Brilliant news. Really pleased for you. Will you be there to greet it st 2.00am. not long now :pinkbanana

Just been told by Ismahil,
Thank you for waiting, I can confirm that your California Ocean was shipped on the 12/3/18 and is currently on the Makassar Highway. It will arrive at the UK port of Grimsby.

Hooray
Ours is on the same ship. We should all go and have a party in Grimsby.

Good 'ol Makassar Highway eh???
Let's hope she makes it, as me old mate @Pete_Hampton pointed out to me she's a bit of a rust bucket.

OK OK....I'm sorry. Spring may officially start now.

Yay!! Ours is on the same boat to Grimsby too. Arriving at 02:00 tomorrow morning.

Then the race is on to get it to the dealer, PDI in place and off we go!!! Pre-Easter is looking possible now!
We're still at Emden, good ol' Luke reckons we'll be away by the end of the week.... We'll be heading for Sheerness.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Let's hope she makes it, as me old mate @Pete_Hampton pointed out to me she's a bit of a rust bucket.

OK OK....I'm sorry. Spring may officially start now.
Let’s hope she doesn’t sink then! I’ve been stalking her and the North Sea looks quite busy in places. I feel there should be a crowd of us meeting her when she docks. A welcome committee of sorts. Lol. Mind you it will be 2am. I’ve got a feeling I’ll be stalking from afar lol.

We're still at Emden, good ol' Luke reckons we'll be away by the end of the week.... We'll be heading for Sheerness.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That’s great news. A little light at the end of the tunnel. That’s all we need. Fun times ahead.

Has anyone had a vehicle already at the dealers' registered/delivered yet this year?

I can’t believe they’ve been building us a new van and didn’t think to let us know... or even ask if we wanted a DSG (we do!)
Don't let the dealer know that - tell them that your hearts were set on a manual - at the very least you should get a key ring out of it; and at the very best a free service plan - probably something in between.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I was at a dealer today who mentioned that the issue was resolved and the reason they were busy was because the new vans in stock were going out this week...

Looks like we are getting a new one - a 150 DSG instead of the manual that’s been at the dealers all this time. Not sure what they’ll do with that one but the new one hasn’t been shipped yet so we’ll be waiting for that now!

I can’t believe they’ve been building us a new van and didn’t think to let us know... or even ask if we wanted a DSG (we do!)

Anyone else who had a manual sat at the dealership now getting a different van?

I guess that clears up my issue with the registration!

Good news!

I’ve just been told that my Cali is in the German Port of Emden and will ship to Sheerness in the next couple of days.

Great news for the Northern contingent!

Us southerners will have to wait a few more days...

Forecast is for a dusting of snow at the weekend... that’ll be enough justification to delay it for another couple of weeks.

I’m sure I said in an earlier post that I’m a glass half full person, this sorry saga has really put that to the test!

All will be forgiven when I see her sparkly white paint! :bananadance2

You're right there my wise old mate :cool: - she is still seems to be chugging around in the North Sea in just a coat of primer, not like her pristine sister Wesser. Too busy to get the top coat paint job!

BTW isn't it great to sense the excitement rising for all these expectant California owners? Just like it was for us and the rest of the Class of Build Weeks 43, 44, 45 & 46 late last year.:happy:happy

You're right there my wise old mate :cool: - she is still seems to be chugging around in the North Sea in just a coat of primer, not like her pristine sister Wesser. Too busy to get the top coat paint job!

BTW isn't it great to sense the excitement rising for all these expectant California owners? Just like it was for us and the rest of the Class of Build Weeks 43, 44, 45 & 46 late last year.:happy:happy
Some of us got excited in that class.... and then quickly got unexcited! :headbang

8A1EA547-0A4F-42BB-B4E0-07B731071F66.png Just seen the latest picture of the Makassar Highway on route

Has anyone had the ‘letter’ yet?
Nothing can happen till we get it and agree to it. Whatever it may be :Nailbiting

Back