Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

My contribution to this thread is now over as my wife and I now just want to put this long drawn out saga to behind us and get on enjoying are new Cali.

Thank goodness for that - no more spouting factually incorrect legal information.

(sorry everybody else but he's spent the evening rating every post I've written with a disagree - even where I had actually agreed with him)

The precedent has now been set. This is fantastic news for anyone in the situation.

Thats as it should be as that was VWs fault - the harder one to argue is going to be the increase in VED from 1st April which isn't down to VW

Thank goodness for that - no more spouting factually incorrect legal information.

(sorry everybody else but he's spent the evening rating every post I've written with a disagree - even where I had actually agreed with him)
Yes I noticed that, I got a few red crosses from him...... I just left him be!

IMG_3203.JPG

OK We picked our New Caravelle up yesterday. The dealer added the extra £400 VED to my discount without any prompting from me! and I got a full tank a fuel for free. That's what I call customer service. Hooking the caravan up and off to Cofton in Dawlish today. Now we just need the sun to shine! Hope you all enjoy your new vehicles soon and thanks again for the opportunity to keep updated via this discussion.

View attachment 31242

OK We picked our New Caravelle up yesterday. The dealer added the extra £400 VED to my discount without any prompting from me! and I got a full tank a fuel for free. That's what I call customer service. Hooking the caravan up and off to Cofton in Dawlish today. Now we just need the sun to shine! Hope you all enjoy your new vehicles soon and thanks again for the opportunity to keep updated via this discussion.
Congrats, your two tone looks fab... Many happy travels

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

View attachment 31242

Oooo! I like the look of that.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I had the long awaited conversation today with my Dealership and accepted they have to pay the extra VED eventually...

Long story short the Salesman went off and reappeared 20 minutes later having spoken to the Dealership’s Financial Director. He graciously agreed to pay the extra VED but asked if was okay to change the quote for “accounting purposes” so that it showed the increased VED rate and they would in return increase the original discount I was given (which was 7%) such that it offset the £400 increase in VED and so the final OTR price I had to pay would remain unchanged.

It pays to know your basic rights under contract law. Assemble the facts and stand your ground.

Good luck with your “conversations” with your Dealerships I hope they prove to be as reasonable as mine were in dealing with this matter. My contribution to this thread is now over as my wife and I now just want to put this long drawn out saga to behind us and get on enjoying are new Cali.

Happy with my dealer, decent and no need for a threatening conversation.

Perhaps if your negotiation skills are as good as you say and you’d assembled all the facts you may have achieved a decent discount in the first place and this would have been a simpler experience!

Life is too short for a Marco Polo

Thats as it should be as that was VWs fault - the harder one to argue is going to be the increase in VED from 1st April which isn't down to VW
If it's down to VW to produce the required real time on road emission data/certification how do you reckon that it isn't VW's responsibility?

The end is near! TOMORROW is the big day! I've held off saying it until I really believed it was going to be for sure (hope I'm not jinxing it!) Very excited :bananadance2:bananadance2
Unbelievably it's actually happened... The dream machine is ours!
6f4cd0279cda9288875b8b24f0286ab6.jpg

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

If it's down to VW to produce the required real time on road emission data/certification how do you reckon that it isn't VW's responsibility?
Because as far as I am aware none of the major marques have done so as yet. Also, I don't think they have to before September 2018.

The dream machine is ours!
It's CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Brilliant news for you - well done for hanging on in there. Plus for being a tiny bit smug (?) because you didn't have to use your new van during the recent winter weather and on salty roads...

Looks lovely!

Hadn’t realised that you have to order the chrome pack if you want black b pillars! Doh! Hopefully the dealer will sort this before my pickup Monday PM.

Hope I’m as lucky with the weather as you’ve been!

That looks amazing. Very similar to ours. We are picking ours up on Wednesday morning. :bananadance2 Happy travels and so many memories to make. Enjoy every minute.
Jo

Congratulations to all the new owners! :thumb

Not such good news for us. After transferring the cash, and arranging insurance to start today, we were booked in for handover at 11am. However, at 9am the dealer phoned us to say they were having problems registering our van and told us to wait at home until he phoned to save us hanging about.

At 1:30pm he phoned to give us the bad news that our van hadn’t had the block lifted by VW so it couldn’t be registered, and it would be Monday at the earliest!

So now they have our money AND the van ... :headbang

Congratulations to all the new owners! :thumb

Not such good news for us. After transferring the cash, and arranging insurance to start today, we were booked in for handover at 11am. However, at 9am the dealer phoned us to say they were having problems registering our van and told us to wait at home until he phoned to save us hanging about.

At 1:30pm he phoned to give us the bad news that our van hadn’t had the block lifted by VW so it couldn’t be registered, and it would be Monday at the earliest!

So now they have our money AND the van ... :headbang

Unbelievable :(

You mean..... they didn't check before taking the money?

Lovely! Identical to Elmo apart from the wheels (very smart...). Chrome pack looks great on the grey. Enjoy, hope it was worth the wait.

Great to see one more of our 'class'; getting through graduation. :cool:
Cheers from me and maybe @2020 freedom might like to raise a glass too and say a few words....:cheers

Out of interest, if you don't mind saying, which dealer did you @Properjob used as you appear to be in a similar neck of the woods as us?

Unbelievable :(

You mean..... they didn't check before taking the money?
They obviously didn’t check before telling me it would be ready at 11am Friday. They told me the money had to be cleared before handover so I had to arrange that over two days (because of the amount); ie yesterday and today :(

Expecting them to come back for more cash when they find out it’s more than £550 to tax it; luckily I have this thread and have printed out some extracts to take in with me.

I must admit it felt a bit like dealer incompetence when I read your pot as I don't understand how certain vehicles could be excluded once the block was lifted.
But none of that helps you, I'd make sure your dealer lays out to you their version specifically and I'm wondering if you could get confirmation of that via a phone call to the DVLA?
If it doesn't tally, I'd be right on the dealers case about the situation they have put you in. It would surely entitle you to something if the truth is different from what you have been told.
At the end of the day I know you are just gagging for your california but with such a long saga your situation stinks.
Good Luck!

When I received my phone call to say my Cali could be registered, I was told it took less than half a day to carry out the software update then 5 days to obtain the approval paperwork from VW. This could be the “block” paperwork. During the wait time I have seen the vehicle again, sorted out finance paperwork and obtained a newer quote for insurance ... Monday doesn’t seem so far away now. :bananadance2

Our Cali is at the dealer, delivery next Thursday, so excited!!!!! Our VED remains the same so we are lucky on that front, not so lucky with all the hotels we have had to pay for while waiting for the Cali, but I expect that will all be forgotten when we get our shiny silver beauty next week!

Back