Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Tomorrow is the big day for me. Hope I don’t encounter the same horror stories as above!

I will do my best to be as dispassionate as possible when looking over the van (armed with checklist).

Then all being well I’ll be driving the ‘funky bus’ home in rush hour traffic around the M25!!! :Nailbiting

Really can’t wait now, treated ourselves to a few cool camping/picnic bits and bobs in John Lewis today.

One more sleep.....

:bananadance2
I hope all goes well, enjoy your van

Many thanks for the information provided on this site over the past few months.
After ordering our California Beach in July 2017 and the roller coaster of emotions that many have experienced lately, we finally had an opportunity to view our van on Friday. Unfortunately, it was presented to us with five or more body work scratches and a dent in the centre of the largest nearside panel. The dealership (Sinclair Van Centre, Cardiff) were unaware of the defects and, when made aware, sugested that the defects could be corrected before release but seemed unconcerned about our level of disappointment and that they were now offering a sub-standard product. They failed to offer any compensation for this and, in fact, wanted to charge us £300 more for the additional VED resulting from the changes in CO2 emissions. As a result we rejected the vehicle and requested the refund of our deposit (which is yet to be received). If anyone considers a high spec Indium Beach with cascavels in Cardiff, be aware that it may have been re-sprayed.
The good news is, we have been in touch with Volkswagen Centre (Lancashire) in Preston and have received, to date, excellent customer service which has resulted in us placing a deposit on one of their registered vans which was equivalent spec' to the one we ordered and significantly cheaper. Bit of a treck next weekend to pick it up but,

Was looking at the 3 Beaches they have online last night.

The one with the CASCAVELS is the best buy.

After selling my Indium grey beach yesterday, I would of been interested myself if it had been another colour. If I get another one, Ive got to have a colour change!

Good luck with the collection

Was looking at the 3 Beaches they have online last night.

The one with the CASCAVELS is the best buy.

After selling my Indium grey beach yesterday, I would of been interested myself if it had been another colour. If I get another one, Ive got to have a colour change!

Good luck with the collection

Why don't you go to the auction and see if you can buy your old Cali back for £33,000, then sell it again to wbac for £36,000.

I'm still struggling to understand the price you got for it!

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I have thought about doing that too! I searched the BCA site today but no sign yet!

I think they gave me good money because it hasn't got a parking heater?! :)

Interesting though that they really wanted to make sure it had the DSG box.

I don't get the money till tomorrow though so hoping they're still in business for atleast
another 48hrs..

Tomorrow is the big day for me. Hope I don’t encounter the same horror stories as above!

I will do my best to be as dispassionate as possible when looking over the van (armed with checklist).

Then all being well I’ll be driving the ‘funky bus’ home in rush hour traffic around the M25!!! :Nailbiting

Really can’t wait now, treated ourselves to a few cool camping/picnic bits and bobs in John Lewis today.

One more sleep.....

:bananadance2
Good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well, keep us posted!

Very exciting

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, I’ve not posted because it has been a busy time since Friday when we picked up the Cali.

Dealer handover was seamless (Liverpool Vw van centre) no talk of Ved increases as the figures were exactly the same as when I ordered in October.

The only thing I would would say is that although it had been valeted, it had dusty patches all over it which we queried and as we were in a hurry dealer told us to get it valeted and send him the bill, which I thought was fine.

Got it back home, drives well but looking forward to getting the springs and arb’s (which I neglected to order from factory) as I’m used to sports suspension. Have the standard wheels which I’m looking forward to upgrading. Dealer told me that they have a range of wheels for the kombi up to 20” so will have a look at this.

Me and the lad went to wales as he was dying to camp out and it was fantastic!

Here are some pics. All happy. I hope everyone’s collection is as simple as ours.

Here are the pics of where we woke up this morning.

fe3fe5bf053ac15e88950d6ada84dd18.jpg
c34d25577271dbc01b09a2465b1a0e4e.jpg
8d868d1914ca4163bf7ed7e18a31301d.jpg

Many thanks for the information provided on this site over the past few months.
After ordering our California Beach in July 2017 and the roller coaster of emotions that many have experienced lately, we finally had an opportunity to view our van on Friday. Unfortunately, it was presented to us with five or more body work scratches and a dent in the centre of the largest nearside panel. The dealership (Sinclair Van Centre, Cardiff) were unaware of the defects and, when made aware, sugested that the defects could be corrected before release but seemed unconcerned about our level of disappointment and that they were now offering a sub-standard product. They failed to offer any compensation for this and, in fact, wanted to charge us £300 more for the additional VED resulting from the changes in CO2 emissions. As a result we rejected the vehicle and requested the refund of our deposit (which is yet to be received). If anyone considers a high spec Indium Beach with cascavels in Cardiff, be aware that it may have been re-sprayed.
The good news is, we have been in touch with Volkswagen Centre (Lancashire) in Preston and have received, to date, excellent customer service which has resulted in us placing a deposit on one of their registered vans which was equivalent spec' to the one we ordered and significantly cheaper. Bit of a treck next weekend to pick it up but, for anyone frustrated by their dealership, check out the Das Welt used site.
Got there in the end :thumb
It would be nice to see the chassis number of the rejected vehicle published on here!

Rod

Did anyone get a letter from VW in the end? I have looked through the posts and could not find a mention that they had arrived.

Just arrived home safe and sound after a very smooth handover, no faults that I’ve found so far, took the checklist - doesn’t take long to do, I’m sure I’ve missed a few bits.

Took a lovely leisurely drive home across country, with a huge smile on my face :) really pleased with all the options I chose, apple maps got me home faultlessly through CarPlay.

Oh, you want pictures?
CF2ECDAE-385F-4922-8BE5-13EA7AD54034.jpeg DDE8A735-A191-4EFE-8D36-0C304221F982.jpeg 5713A62F-AAE2-4B4F-BBFA-41267E6BB57B.jpeg 23A8045E-460E-4366-B77D-CDFC87658E35.jpeg 9F113E56-F56D-472A-B1BF-010C5B8B62B9.jpegCF2ECDAE-385F-4922-8BE5-13EA7AD54034.jpeg DDE8A735-A191-4EFE-8D36-0C304221F982.jpeg
It’s been well worth the wait, and it’s home in time for Easter which is a real bonus, just lots of day trips planned at the moment, starting with a trip down to the coast between Bexhill and Eastbourne on Good Friday.

Now, off to sit in the funky bus and play with all of the buttons. :cheers

Massive thank you to all on the forum, particularly the regulars on this thread - you’ve kept me sane. :thanks

Tom :pinkbanana

ABEFF3B7-886C-43EA-8E97-1073A2E5439F.jpeg

Just arrived home safe and sound after a very smooth handover, no faults that I’ve found so far, took the checklist - doesn’t take long to do, I’m sure I’ve missed a few bits.

Took a lovely leisurely drive home across country, with a huge smile on my face :) really pleased with all the options I chose, apple maps got me home faultlessly through CarPlay.

Oh, you want pictures?
View attachment 31372 View attachment 31373 View attachment 31375 View attachment 31376 View attachment 31377View attachment 31372 View attachment 31373
It’s been well worth the wait, and it’s home in time for Easter which is a real bonus, just lots of day trips planned at the moment, starting with a trip down to the coast between Bexhill and Eastbourne on Good Friday.

Massive thank you to all on the forum, particularly the regulars on this thread - you’ve kept me sane. :thanks

View attachment 31374
Nice

Oh, you want pictures?
View attachment 31372 View attachment 31373 View attachment 31375 View attachment 31376 View attachment 31377View attachment 31372 View attachment 31373

View attachment 31374

VERY NICE!!!

So how many who have picked their vehicles up were asked to pay the extra VED?

Oh, you want pictures?

View attachment 31374

very very nice, is that candy or Oryx?

Oh, you want pictures?

View attachment 31374

I am so pleased it's finally home, where it belongs, and all that stress is behind you. What a nightmare!

Nice one Tom, she's a beaut

Happy travels!

So how many who have picked their vehicles up were asked to pay the extra VED?
Ours was down as £550 on the order, but it was actually £800. Dealer didn’t even mention it or ask for any more money; also gave us a full tank of fuel for the delay from Friday.

HOWEVER!

• Leisure batteries completely flat, dealer has said he will replace them when I told him they’re probably ruined. I found out why - someone must have switched on the silly kitchen cupboard lights and left them on, you wouldn’t see them when the cupboard doors are shut.
  • The awning legs wouldn’t fold in, for some reason the plastic locking levers have been modified to get your finger under easier and this was stopping the legs from folding away. Dealer replaced them with the ones off his demo which were the original flat type. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
  • Swirl marks on paint (holograph effect) - dealer said he will sort when it comes in for new batteries (I hope they come out OK)

Apart from that - pleased!

Here it is

62E5ECF1-7A1E-4E56-847F-44D994937782.jpeg

Ours was down as £550 on the order, but it was actually £800. Dealer didn’t even mention it or ask for any more money; also gave us a full tank of fuel for the delay from Friday.

HOWEVER!

• Leisure batteries completely flat, dealer has said he will replace them when I told him they’re probably ruined. I found out why - someone must have switched on the silly kitchen cupboard lights and left them on, you wouldn’t see them when the cupboard doors are shut.
  • The awning legs wouldn’t fold in, for some reason the plastic locking levers have been modified to get your finger under easier and this was stopping the legs from folding away. Dealer replaced them with the ones off his demo which were the original flat type. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?
  • Swirl marks on paint (holograph effect) - dealer said he will sort when it comes in for new batteries (I hope they come out OK)

Here it is

View attachment 31383
Your van looks amazing! Nice photo!

I forgot to check the leisure batteries on pickup, doh! I’ll check in the morning.

We also just paid the £550 VED....

Last edited:

HOWEVER!

Here it is

View attachment 31383
Two tone looks great, hope the other bits get sorted out for you. Happy travels

Back