Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Picked ours up from Yorkshire Van Centre this morning. Very impressed with the hand over from Mark. Extremely helpful and put up with our excitement. Lovely drive home and now it’s started to hail.
Thank you all for the support on the forum and this thread. There is sure to be lots of help questions to follow.

Quick photo as promised.
Thanks again Jo 2E596BD3-0E86-4D0B-86CE-97D9F1565782.jpeg

Picked ours up from Yorkshire Van Centre this morning. Very impressed with the hand over from Mark. Extremely helpful and put up with our excitement. Lovely drive home and now it’s started to hail.
Thank you all for the support on the forum and this thread. There is sure to be lots of help questions to follow.

Quick photo as promised.
Thanks again Jo View attachment 31421

Very Nice.

Is this the pre-reg van they had?

If it is, I would of had that myself it hadn't been the same colour as the one I've just sold!

Very Nice.

Is this the pre-reg van they had?

If it is, I would of had that myself it hadn't been the same colour as the one I've just sold!
Thank you. No it’s one we ordered back in October. It’s been a long wait but good things come to those who wait so they say. The hail has now stopped so out we go. Still feeling a little smug. I hope that’s allowed. :talktothehand

Congratulations Jo Jo

I’m seeing Mark at VW van centre in the morning to collect ours.

Ordered in early September - it’s been a long wait, especially as we sold our T5 SE in late September.

Excited

Life is too short for a Marco Polo

Congratulations Jo Jo

I’m seeing Mark at VW van centre in the morning to collect ours.

Ordered in early September - it’s been a long wait, especially as we sold our T5 SE in late September.

Excited

Life is too short for a Marco Polo
Oh that’s brilliant news. I think today Will and I were picking ours up. I probably saw yours there. Mark was brilliant. He answered all our silly questions and was so patient with us. Super guy. I’m sure your handover will be just as smooth. One sleep to go. Well you can try anyway. Tee hee :thefinger enjoy and remember there’s no such thing as getting lost. That’s our motto from now on anyway.

Well done, that’s a nice looking van!

The hassle is already a distant memory...

Hope the rain gods are kind to us all this weekend :thumb

Blimey what a day! Can't believe we've finally got our lovely Frida home!

The wait was definitely worth it
83eb4ffda1fc5557625fc940d4a2b5eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

@itguy - Looks fab and you both look very happy. I guess in due course we can look forward to a report of how it felt vs your petrol loaner? (if my memory is correct)

Blimey what a day! Can't believe we've finally got our lovely Frida home!

The wait was definitely worth it
83eb4ffda1fc5557625fc940d4a2b5eb.jpg

Looks awesome, Congratulations! I like the wheels.

Don’t forget to update your profile, no longer ‘looking to buy’!

Looks awesome, Congratulations! I like the wheels.

Don’t forget to update your profile, no longer ‘looking to buy’!
Ooh good point, will sort that out ASAP!

So good to see everyone's wagons rolling now, onwards & upwards to the first meet

Quick photo as promised.
Thanks again Jo View attachment 31421

Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well here she is “Whipsy”. A long wait but totally worth it.

Love it completely and have just had a lovely Chinese and Bucks Fizz dinner in her.

Mark at West Yorkshire was brilliant, even gave us a special little gift too as I am sure he did to you Jo!

I’m knackered!!

View attachment 31451 View attachment 31452 View attachment 31453 View attachment 31454
Whipsy certainly looks good. Even the sunshine appeared for you in Leeds. :thefinger That’s a good sign Will. Yes Mark gave us s couple of little ‘thank yous’ as he called them.
One of my sons came round last night for a play ! I can see I’m going to have trouble as he fell in love with her straight away. ‘They’ve thought of everything’ he kept saying. Now waiting for son number two to see her. I’m sure there will be a similar reaction.

It is so lovely to see people getting their Calis and hopefully forgetting all the shenanigans of the past months. Fun times ahead.
Cheers Will and Sarah.
Jo

@itguy - Looks fab and you both look very happy. I guess in due course we can look forward to a report of how it felt vs your petrol loaner? (if my memory is correct)

Yes absolutely. We were thinking about that almost immediately after we got in ours actually.

There are quite a few differences between ours and the loan TSI we had, as we bought the HD anti roll bars, alcantara, adaptive cruise etc all which the TSI didn't have.

We're doing a decent long drive over the next few days and will be on holiday in cornwall pottering around in her too, so I can do a decent comparison thread.

Off to collect our Cali today, so excited!! A couple of you have mentioned a check list, is there a copy of one on a thread on here, or would someone be happy to post one? Thks

Off to collect our Cali today, so excited!! A couple of you have mentioned a check list, is there a copy of one on a thread on here, or would someone be happy to post one? Thks
It's in the downloads section of the main club page

C149F2D4-4BF7-4F4A-A96A-B1F0DA1690D9.jpeg Please allow me to introduce to you, representing the red corner, the long awaited, one and only.........HENRY!

It’s been a very frustrating time since I started this thread in Dec 17. However, all the dramas disappeared when I was driving home last night.

I can’t recommend VW (Preston) Lancashire enough. The handover was flawless and Guy was a great gentleman to deal with. Nothing was an issue and I certainly felt ‘looked after.’

Good luck to the nice couple I met yesterday taking delivery of their pride and joy.

Happy camping everyone

View attachment 31467 Please allow me to introduce to you, representing the red corner, the long awaited, one and only.........HENRY!

It’s been a very frustrating time since I started this thread in Dec 17. However, all the dramas disappeared when I was driving home last night.

I can’t recommend VW (Preston) Lancashire enough. The handover was flawless and Guy was a great gentleman to deal with. Nothing was an issue and I certainly felt ‘looked after.’

Good luck to the nice couple I met yesterday taking delivery of their pride and joy.

Happy camping everyone
Finally!! It's all been with the wait, happy travels

Back