Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior

M

mcj224

We currently have a van conversion but we're thinking about a replacement in a year or two. The Cali is definitely on the short list but we're worried that the interior is a bit cold and clinical. What have you guys done to personalise it? Show us your pics. I don't want to feel like I'm sleeping in a car.

I personal don't feel it cold and clinical....i find the interieur used material and colors in any Cali quite ok .
Many have posted pictures of the things they have added , usual seatcovers , pillows,....

And when you are sleeping ...you don't notice these things as i sleep eyes closed.

Last edited:
The new T6 interior is great. Comfort dashboard looks smart and you can specify the fascia panels in exterior body colour which looks cool.

We put nice carpet in the living area floor and seat covers. The new cupboards are modern colour and I think it looks great. You can add colour if that's your thing of course.

We matched the bedding to the interior as this is our style. But brighten it up with some colour. This is the great thing about the Cali. Make it yours personalise it your way.

IMG_1881.JPG

Mrs DM's first purchase was some cushions. We also elected to go for a machine washable striped rug from Dunelm Mill rather than fitted carpets in the back.

Nice brightly coloured rugs on the floor, mustard yellow blanket on the back seat, brightly coloured cushions, bunting ... I thought it was very grey and Germanic so just chicked it up a bit. The fairy lights come out in the evening too. :)

I had a little grump about this a while back but it's pretty easy to jazz it up:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ing-it-a-bit-more-homely-less-germanic.11431/

I really like this conversion below - not a Cali but similar colours inside livened up with a bit of bunting, cushions, throws etc. The LED strings of AA battery lights you can buy make things pretty groovy too. I like the coloured kitchen cover wraps someone on here makes too.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332199509271

Last edited:
IMG_5077.JPG

Rather than 'cold and clinical', I see the interior as a neutral base on which we can accessorise according to mood and season. We currently have fairy lights strung around the sitting area (see photo) worktop protectors on order (coloured) and cushions on the back seats. Another option one member has gone for on here is to vinyl wrap the table, another has vinyl wrapped the cupboards and yet another has artificial grass as 'carpet'

Lots of ideas to personalise your Cali.

What do you use to hang your fairy lights from?

I quite favour the cali interiors with the muted colour scheme and Germanic touches of efficiency (built in blinds, spotlights) over the conversions. That said, I have introduced some sheepskin rugs and cushions to add texture and soften the plastics of the interior.

OK, so hooks purchased....may be a daft question but I want to make sure that I put the hooks in the right places and leave somewhere for the battery pack to rest. I don't want the lights to obstruct the use of the front seats. My lights are very similar to yours @Seaside Sussex but different colours. Where do you route them round the van and where do you put the battery pack?

OK, so hooks purchased....may be a daft question but I want to make sure that I put the hooks in the right places and leave somewhere for the battery pack to rest. I don't want the lights to obstruct the use of the front seats. My lights are very similar to yours @Seaside Sussex but different colours. Where do you route them round the van and where do you put the battery pack?

So, above the cooker, they start just behind passenger seat and battery box is Velcroed into place in the wardrobe, the wires are slim enough to go in the gap when wardrobe closed. On the other side they start just behind drivers seat and battery box Velcroed just before the aircraft type pull down cupboard. HTH @GillianC :)

So, above the cooker, they start just behind passenger seat and battery box is Velcroed into place in the wardrobe, the wires are slim enough to go in the gap when wardrobe closed. On the other side they start just behind drivers seat and battery box Velcroed just before the aircraft type pull down cupboard. HTH @GillianC[/
So, above the cooker, they start just behind passenger seat and battery box is Velcroed into place in the wardrobe, the wires are slim enough to go in the gap when wardrobe closed. On the other side they start just behind drivers seat and battery box Velcroed just before the aircraft type pull down cupboard. HTH @GillianC :)

Thanks. Really useful. Will go and play with hooks, lights and Velcro this weekend!

Our lights go along the side of the van on the sliding door side and the battery box lives in the overhead locker with our jarmies - it gets switched off when the nightclothes come out :). I never got round to fixing up the second set along the kitchen-side wall but will go with the wardrobe/vrlcro idea when I do - again I have the Commander velcro strips ready.

I'm with others here - it is a very high quality and smart base that allows you to add a personal touch. We use throws and cushions, with different colours and combinations. As you can see from the photo, our dog found one particular combination very relaxing and comfortable ;)

IMG_3519.jpg

Thanks, all, for your replies. Good to seem some Calis in use and with some added colour.

Back