Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It’s a Beach Thing

Already done that with 10 x 25kgm Bags of House Coal in my SE.:thumb

Already done that with 10 x 25kgm Bags of House Coal in my SE.:thumb
10 bags isn't really trying.

You can fit 30x 25kg of plaster in an SE - gives it a bit of a saggy rear end & changes a really nice clean van into a typical builders wagon.

Not recommended & you cant get rid of the plaster dust ever.

10 bags isn't really trying.

You can fit 30x 25kg of plaster in an SE - gives it a bit of a saggy rear end & changes a really nice clean van into a typical builders wagon.

Not recommended & you cant get rid of the plaster dust ever.
I did have son & 2 grandchildren as well.

I did have son & 2 grandchildren as well.
We just had 2 fat blokes up front, needed that to keep the wheels on the ground.

I have to laugh every time when the Ocean boys feel they have to justify why an ocean “can do that” particularly when a Beach is mentioned :rolleyes:

lights the blue touch paper and retires !

I have to laugh every time when the Ocean boys feel they have to justify why an ocean “can do that” particularly when a Beach is mentioned :rolleyes:

lights the blue touch paper and retires !
Similarly I laugh every time a beach owner shows a photo of their van stuffed full of crap once a year to justify why they didn't go for a kitchen, I would just use my trailer.

Last edited:
Similarly I laugh every time a beach owner shows a photo of their van stuffed full of crap once a year to justify why they didn't go for a kitchen, I would just use my trailer.
Haha...Then you should have used the same trailer for the plaster, well over the vans payload with 30x 25kg bags . Lucky you didnt get stopped even it is was just round the corner!

//
More than 30% overloaded and you will normally get a court summons, your vehicle may be immobilised, you can be fined £80 & your insurance may be invalid if you are involved in an accident.
//

Haha...Then you should have used the same trailer for the plaster, well over the vans payload with 30x 25kg bags . Lucky you didnt get stopped even it is was just round the corner!

//
More than 30% overloaded and you will normally get a court summons, your vehicle may be immobilised, you can be fined £80 & your insurance may be invalid if you are involved in an accident.
//
It would have been about 100kg over so about 3% slapped wrist or minimal fine.

It would have been about 100kg over so about 3% slapped wrist or minimal fine.

30 x 25Kgs Plaster = 750kgs

Payloads:
California 6.1 Ocean
2.0TDI 150PS 7-speed DSG 509kgs
2.0TDI 204PS 7-speed DSG 487kgs
2.0TDI 204PS 4MOTION 7-speed DSG 377kgs
California 6.1 Beach Camper 643kgs

Payloads:
California 6.1 Ocean
California 6.1 Ocen 150PS 525Kg... :pinkbanana

Payloads:
California 6.1 Ocean

It wasn't a T6.1.

Recalculating using the correct payload it might have been as much as 5% overloaded.
The world didn't end. The tyres didn't explode, No kittens were killed.

Watching this unravel I am going to keep quiet about the effects of a cubic metre of oak logs on the suspension
Probably rode better? I find empty transporter panel vans to be horrible bouncy thing, fill them up & they ride much better.

A cubic metre of oak probably just made it look like a 4motion with a saggy bum.

It’s probably about 800 kg so certainly lowered the ride height. I like to think it gave extra traction in the snow

Is that the Ocean van that’s stuffed full of crap all year round, justified as a kitchen :D

Is that the Ocean van that’s stuffed full of crap all year round, justified as a kitchen :D

My beach is currently aboard a ferry about to cross the channel with three generation of the same family. Two grandparents, two parents and two children. Try doing that in an Ocean!

My beach is currently aboard a ferry about to cross the channel with three generation of the same family. Two grandparents, two parents and two children. Try doing that in an Ocean!
Easy peasy, just needs two extra seats. It is when there are three children when the problem arises ;)

Easy peasy, just needs two extra seats. It is when there are three children when the problem arises ;)
Just curious. How would you fit those two extra seats into a 4motion?