Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It's arrived!

Probably the wrong thread/question here, but did you go for the 'Pro' upgrade on the media system, couldn't see what the difference was apart from the larger screen (which will finger mark easily) we are thinking to stay with the standard system, liked having the sat nav on view on the driver's cockpit display, wouldn't need it on both displays (Pro upgrade)

@Gelato See earlier post in this thread....

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/its-arrived.33673/post-398634

They get changed in the uk!
When we noticed the euro 2 pin socket asked could they change to UK 3 pin and told not really, they don't like to change/alter things, said we could use an adapter. We could but when spending a large sum of money would want a UK socket, it is the only one inside as well!

That is great to see that VW are putting UK sockets in. I also noticed this on the showroom model.

Can you take a photo of the compartment next to the DSG lever that has the two usb sockets please? In Germany this is a phone holder but in the UK it seems to a cup holder. Just wondering what you got?

When we noticed the euro 2 pin socket asked could they change to UK 3 pin and told not really, they don't like to change/alter things, said we could use an adapter. We could but when spending a large sum of money would want a UK socket, it is the only one inside as well!
Are you talking about the one in the cupboard side next to the light??
They change this to uk spec if it doesn’t come like that from factory??
not the one in the panel under the seatbelt that stays the same

Really? By the Dealer? How did you find out that nugget of information?
From owning a few new ones they have always come with the 3pin uk type plug sockets..
I spotted one with a 2 pin a few years back and the dealer said they change them to uk spec!!!

That is great to see that VW are putting UK sockets in. I also noticed this on the showroom model.

Can you take a photo of the compartment next to the DSG lever that has the two usb sockets please? In Germany this is a phone holder but in the UK it seems to a cup holder. Just wondering what you got?
IMG_20200205_204017.jpg
Real shame about not having the wireless charging.

Ah, I have Discover Pro specified on my T6.1. On its way from Germany. I'll let you know in a few weeks!
I don’t think we in the UK will get it. I was looking at a T6.1 in the showroom with a Discovery Pro and still didn’t have a charger just a cup holder.

I don’t think we in the UK will get it. I was looking at a T6.1 in the showroom with a Discovery Pro and still didn’t have a charger just a cup holder.

I’m sure I read on the Vw commercial Facebook page, deep in the comments section, that it won’t be available until April

I’m sure I read on the Vw commercial Facebook page, deep in the comments section, that it won’t be available until April
I hope it can be retrofitted as get delivery of our T6.1 (with the Pro) on 2nd March. I know the van has been built and has been shipped to the U.K. but not yet delivered to the dealer.

Can’t help but think this cubby hole / cup holder and USB sockets are really low and hidden behind the gearstick for the driver?

I’ve noticed this too, exact same thing on my new T6, with the fully opening front canvas, you have to be extra careful tucking the front section in, otherwise the roof will not close evenly/properly, mine stuck up about an inch on the front near side like yours. I have an iso-top too and with the new canvas closing the shutter is very tight. Never had this issue on my T5.1
Mine does this too. Do you know if it’s a fault or just a characteristic? Now I know it’s doing it I just check it and a gentle nudge pops it into place.