Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It's not just VW dealers that are crap

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This unhappy motorhome owner parked up outside the dealer he purchased it from yesterday. Not sure if it did any good!

IMG_20170701_141257.jpg

Don't bring people up to idea's .....
There will be hundreds parked up @Hannover factory :upsidedown

There's no better way to do so , specially when that dealer had a open door weekend or so..

I think it had quite an effect. It was soon going viral on lots of motorhome Facebook groups. The dealer was taking a battering, mud sticks.

This is Marquis Motorhomes in Preston, this sort of thing certainly gets the message out there as it has been all over social media today, just like the guy with the blue T5 that needed a new engine a few years back.

Excellent, I did exactly the same thing when I bought a new house in Stroud once , built by Robert Hitchen homes , there were 184 faults , about 30 serious ones, We didn't get any attention or things done until I parked my Saab 900 ( remember those wonderful cars ) outside the sales office with a massive board on the roof rack saying the same thing as this motor home guy did . Within the week ALL my issues were solved .

Recently two years after closing our BT business phone account and dumping all the BT equipment as we installed our own system ,which is far far better and far cheaper , we got a bill and a debt chasing letter , adding around £500 to that bill, as it said we hadn't paid our monthly line account , which of course we'd had shut off . They insisted we should pay . I put it all on social media and within days BT hq called and wiped all bills and the agency bill too .

Direct public feedback is our best tool to get companies to listen and act , I will do the same if my new Cali fails me and I don't get back up ....

Last edited:
It's also always worth posting on Twitter as that's widely used by businesses and business people.

I had a problem with my Vodafone mobile, which Vodafone repeatedly told me must be my phone as there was nothing wrong with their network. I posted about it on Twitter as I'd been advised to do, and suddenly they discovered a fault on the network, which was remedied the next day. Funny that!

Agreed, my T6 Cali has now run 5 weeks without a fault light coming on, a miracle. Trust is slowly returning. But VW doesn't have the monopoly of making reliable cars, they make some really crap ones as well just like everyone else.

Back