Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jazzing up the interior, making it a bit more homely (less Germanic!)?

Just another +1 for the modern VW 'Germanic' look. Yes I'm male but just got the nod in agreement from my wife! So many independents go for dark wood and a dated look! I'm the same for caravans and motor homes... British ones looks so dated compared to German/Dutch ones. For me it's the Germanic simple ruggedness that makes the exterior shapes look so good too...though Audi is beginning to ruin that theory by being excessively 'blingy'. Totally spot on modernist interiors VW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the way the furniture and colors are in my Cali and this solar lamps normally stay outside even if they kinda look great at the moment.
Enjoy your weekend whatever interior color and carpets you have!
sapto
IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG

We've just got our Cali beach I have solar dragon fly lights. So far it's all I've been able to sneak through my husband's radar! I can so feel cushions coming on...

Here's a poll:

What is the gender of those who like the grey look?
(I bet it's mainly the male fraternity!)

Oooh, am I being unduly sexist?! I love my interior design, but I ain't no mechanic...it's the AA for me....each to his/her own....!
Well, I'm a girlie and I like the purple tinge to the fake veneer. I also have some mid blue non-slip matting and a pretty turtle mat to make it more colourful ;)

Wake up on a cold wet morning, Grey sky outside, grey floor, seats and ceiling inside .... start the day with a misery attack :eek:

50 shades of grey is best for putting in the bin (dreadfully written load of rubbish) and not for living in.

Here's a poll:

What is the gender of those who like the grey look?
(I bet it's mainly the male fraternity!)

Oooh, am I being unduly sexist?! I love my interior design, but I ain't no mechanic...it's the AA for me....each to his/her own....!
Well i am sixty, male and definitely have the grey look!

A neighbour of mine is a famous photographer and was telling me that one of the design briefs when VW started designing up their new in house Camping Car was to avoid the Cotswold-Cottage-with-drapes look that the conversions (dubs) had embraced.
So this thread's theme when I told him what it was made him chuckle.

Following the success of the first batch of worktop protectors (just 3 kits remaining) I have been asked by a few forum members for custom colours instead of the original frosted glass look.

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/worktop-protection.11605/page-4

This would certainly jazz up the interior making it less Germanic but more functional, as you will no longer have to worry about scratching the expensive worktops. I'm definitely more relaxed now when our little 3 year old drags things across the glass!

Do please let me know if you would like a custom colour or possibly covers to match your paint work and I will ask the manufacturer what he can do. The colour variations are endless!

Andrew.

Following the success of the first batch of worktop protectors (just 3 kits remaining) I have been asked by a few forum members for custom colours instead of the original frosted glass look.

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/worktop-protection.11605/page-4

This would certainly jazz up the interior making it less Germanic but more functional, as you will no longer have to worry about scratching the expensive worktops. I'm definitely more relaxed now when our little 3 year old drags things across the glass!

Do please let me know if you would like a custom colour or possibly covers to match your paint work and I will ask the manufacturer what he can do. The colour variations are endless!

Andrew.

Lilac like the grain in the light wood?

Girl after my own heart! Love your interior!
I love having an excuse to get the sewing machine out.....recently found oilcloth to match my curtains so now have matching 'mats/covers/ for my cooker and sink!
Oh dear.
Now we're talking, matching cushions and worktop covers.
Oooh, very excited. Off to hunt for some matching material and wax cloth now.
I don't mind grey if it gets brightened up. It's a great background colour.
:D

Just looked again and maybe not as mine has cutouts for 3 seat runners!

QTM

and as my van has only two runners so I ordered the two runner version :D

Back