Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jazzing up the interior, making it a bit more homely (less Germanic!)?

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Looking for inspiration - obviously the T5 Cali/Beach isn't a Splitty or Gingham curtained, checkered floor Bay Window but has anyone added some homely touches to their Cali or Beach to make it a little less, well...grey and plasticky?!

Has anyone done this and can share some pics? :D

Carpets ... QTM .... I have midnight blue, Wish I had been bolder, a red or brighter blue.

Throws ... Royal blue on the seats ..., kettle in cheery blue colour

Orange tea towels draped all over the place ...

My cuddly badger in one corner....

Currently sweet peas in a glass posey holder ... slips into rear seat pocket when travelling.

I find lots of cheery coloured bits thrown around make a huge difference and when it's bedtime ... My pale and fuchsia pink duvet cover, rainbow inflatable pillow, whilst I am sat in my swivelled seat enjoying a glass of ......... cocoa, is heaven.

See the home-made curtains, the little board with hooks above the fridge, the oven mittens, the paper lights behind me... and then the goodies on the table! Me, away with my eldest son!

We also have a plaid on the bench, and some nice cushions that are put in the cupboards when travelling, to stop anything from rattling.

full

Last edited:
Cushions, rear cover and throw for the seat, all makes it cosier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also QTM mats, they are fantastic, very dark grey, with blue/grey piping, for front, middle and rear. There is a blue theme running through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Embrace the grey - we have grey QTM carpets, grey inka seat covers, custom made grey cushions will VW schematics.

At the weekend we finished the festival of grey by adding a grey and black awning mat.

Find your inner german :) Do you reckon that all the first owners of 70's bays were looking for ways to tone down the orange :)

T

Find your inner german :) Do you reckon that all the first owners of 70's bays were looking for ways to tone down the orange :)

T

If they were then they certainly have succeeded :D

Been in 20 minutes,

Kettle on, seat turned round, music playing and a happy cheery place to be.

The cushion is a self-inflating one that at bedtime gets put inside a pillow case and becomes my pillow...

Pics tonight when I make my bed up

View attachment 9925 View attachment 9926
That carpet's very nice, if it was me I'd have to put another carpet on top to stop it getting dirty :D

That carpet's very nice, if it was me I'd have to put another carpet on top to stop it getting dirty :D

Then you would not be able to slide the bed forward.

As it is I had to squash down the underlay :shocked

I personally really like the Germanic look as it sets the Cali apart from other "wood heavy" looking conversions - honest. OK it's not that cosy, but if I wanted cosy I'd buy an old van and "Kath Kidstone" it.

Does anybody do Germanic grey cushions?

Apologies Dottie - I was not commenting on your gorgeous van - as just seen your posting. Just a general comment re. Cali Germanic plastic grey.

Zebedee has accents of lime green and orange as per the old vw's, chenille cushions, green fleece blankets over in Inka grey seat covers, cosier too. Lime green long haired rug and tea towels, cutlery, melamine crockery etc are Just Kampers design with the evolution of the Kampers also picking up the colourways. Ties in with lights too which are from Tiger. We chose a Cali for a lot of reasons but certainly one of those reasons was to get away from 1970's caravan upholstery favoured by most converters and manufacturers.

Apologies Dottie - I was not commenting on your gorgeous van - as just seen your posting. Just a general comment re. Cali Germanic plastic grey.
Not a problem cpjb. I'm sure there's no two campers the same cos everyone likes different styles. It's what makes it fun.
As to your search for Germanic grey cushions....get the sewing machine out, then you'll get something unique (or ask a friend...)!

PS my cushions are dual purpose: I used cot pillows (wool ones at that), made mini pillow cases out of a sheet from a supermarket, then covered them with the cushion covers which have long zips along the long side for easy removal at nights. Saves storage space and adds to daytime comfort.
That was the winter project 2 years ago before I got my lovely van.
I'm ok with a sewing machine, just no good under the bonnet...!

Here's a poll:

What is the gender of those who like the grey look?
(I bet it's mainly the male fraternity!)

Oooh, am I being unduly sexist?! I love my interior design, but I ain't no mechanic...it's the AA for me....each to his/her own....!

Here's a poll:

What is the gender of those who like the grey look?
(I bet it's mainly the male fraternity!)

Oooh, am I being unduly sexist?! I love my interior design, but I ain't no mechanic...it's the AA for me....each to his/her own....!

The man from the AA, when he came to rescue Albert and me from our mortal peril in the wilds of Wester Ross, went into raptures over how lovely the Cali was .... "I just love the light interior" .....

"Not with those greasy hands" I thought ....:shocked

Back