Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

Just popped a short video on youtube
That’s been made a long time ago looking at the date on the tag. Where are VW when it comes to providing the latest products under warranty. Swines.

Just had my 06s bellows fitted dealer did not know until i looked at label back at home, thought they were 05s :-}
Am i the first?
View attachment 128709

We have just had a 2nd 05S fitted, which also leaks from the front corner seams.

Looks like we just missed out on an 06S by 6 days!!

Unbelievable that VW has allowed this to happen!

PXL_20240908_082004473.MP.jpg

We have just had a 2nd 05S fitted, which also leaks from the front corner seams.

Looks like we just missed out on an 06S by 6 days!!

Unbelievable that VW has allowed this to happen!

View attachment 128731
I'm in the same boat, 5 days. How can VW be so stupid. This has been a disaster since the start. I got 04S bellows fitted with pre 9/11 date. This was about the time they were talking about the date cut off. Now this!

I have not tested my bellows yet, hopefully they will be ok

20240816_084628.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the sane boat, 5 days. How can VW be so stupid. This has been a right CF since the start. I got 04S bellows fitted with pre 9/11 date. This was about the time they were talking about the date cut off. Now this!

I have not tested my bellows yet, hopefully they will be ok

View attachment 128732

Staggering incompetence!

It's almost as though they actually hate us!!!! ?

Almost? They give us the Sharavan for Pete's sake. Its blindingly obvious. :(
And tested its bellows out on the T6.1, so everything is set for the New California.

Disappointed to be having to join this thread.... but I've just got back from a long weekend in Wales and sadly have experienced leaking bellows. This is my first proper outing in my new MY24 Ocean, picked up in July, and certainly the first test of the bellows (05S) in any sort of adverse weather. Annoyingly i didn't see exactly where the water came in from, as was overnight, but the water pooled in the front left corner, above the passenger seat. Sadly it also leaked through from there, so have water marks on the inside fabric above the passenger window also. Very disappointed, and will be putting a call in to the dealer (Breeze Poole) today to report it.
Hi all - I was on another related thread but can’t find it. I’ve got a 2024 MY Cali. The bellows leaked whilst we were away in Cornwall a few weeks ago. It went into my local VW van dealership today for testing (Northampton Vindis) and I was told that they tested it and it was basically fine.There was some water ingress but that is to be expected as they all leak a bit, they therefore won’t do any work to it. However if it gets really bad, they will have another look. Is this true or have I been given the fob off? Want to get some thoughts and views from you learned folk before I escalate. Thanks

Hi all - I was on another related thread but can’t find it. I’ve got a 2024 MY Cali. The bellows leaked whilst we were away in Cornwall a few weeks ago. It went into my local VW van dealership today for testing (Northampton Vindis) and I was told that they tested it and it was basically fine.There was some water ingress but that is to be expected as they all leak a bit, they therefore won’t do any work to it. However if it gets really bad, they will have another look. Is this true or have I been given the fob off? Want to get some thoughts and views from you learned folk before I escalate. Thanks
I think if you had a few drips of water then maybe that's liveable with but given the 06S bellows have an added transparent tape over the vertical seams at the front (seemingly the last seams to leak in general) it seems unreasonable to expect you to live with water ingress.

I'd keep the pop top up in the rain and take photos and videos. If it still leaks escalate to Rhiannon in the Executive office.

I can't comment on Northampton but some of the more provincial commercial service centres don't seem either very switched on about Cali's or don't have the skillset to deal with anything camper related.

Our local dealer in Exeter didn't want to know about most of our warranty issues and I've been in touch and met other South West owners who take their vehicles much further afield - typically Breeze in Poole - to get decent service.

I’d suggest the definition of “leak a bit” is required. A small drip, maybe. Anything more and not fit for purpose. Why would we have 4 versions in a year if they’re not leaking more than a bit on a regular basis. Escalate it anyway to the executive office, nothing to lose. I had the same BS and mine leaked so much I collected the water in a jug.

Here's a new 4 motion in Sheffield. Out of interest I snapped a cheeky pic of the tag

20240910_171621.jpg

20240910_171552.jpg

I can only dream of 05s. I picked up my new Ocean last week with an 04S label.
I can only dream of paying 96k for a vw van . It was in red. Bellows were red externally

Bellows #5 installed last week, its a 06S this time - Service Manager said he ordered 4 sets for my van in the hope of emptying the parts warehouse of 05S and getting his hands on the 06S variant. He'll be sending 3 sets of 05S back to the warehouse this week, so watch out anyone who is waiting for their dealer to obtain some blue bellows!

Will test them this week and post an update.

L
Bellows #5 installed last week, its a 06S this time - Service Manager said he ordered 4 sets for my van in the hope of emptying the parts warehouse of 05S and getting his hands on the 06S variant. He'll be sending 3 sets of 05S back to the warehouse this week, so watch out anyone who is waiting for their dealer to obtain some blue bellows!

Will test them this week and post an update.
Yes let’s hope they don’t leak too….!

Back