Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

Should anyone be contemplating a rejection if the latest version doesn't work, the EO told me yesterday that their official calculation for pence per mile is purchase price divided by 100,000, so quite a bit more than 45p.
On a £30k car that depreciates typically this makes sense as it would be 30p/mile. I would strongly argue this formula isn’t suitable for a California with its high purchase price and and extremely low levels of depreciation.

On a £30k car that depreciates typically this makes sense as it would be 30p/mile. I would strongly argue this formula isn’t suitable for a California with its high purchase price and and extremely low levels of depreciation.
Strongly arguing hasn't got me anywhere so far but I'd certainly agree with you :)

Should anyone be contemplating a rejection if the latest version doesn't work, the EO told me yesterday that their official calculation for pence per mile is purchase price divided by 100,000, so quite a bit more than 45p.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't know how much you paid for your Cali but you may find the attached depreciation calculator link some use.

EO told me last week that the the price per mile would be in the hundreds not the thousands. I have 2050 miles on my Cali.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't know how much you paid for your Cali but you may find the attached depreciation calculator link some use.
Lemon laws and rights of rejection are probably different in the EU compared to the UK. In any case I am over the 6 months of ownership so keeping everything crossed that the new new bellows don't leak. I wouldn't reject it even if it were an option as VW accept there is a design/manufacture problem and are working on a remedy.

I wouldn't reject it even if it were an option as VW accept there is a design/manufacture problem and are working on a remedy.
My thoughts exactly. If there was no hope or end in sight and a continued refusal to even think about it, I would be thinking about alternative solutions (even then, it would probably be a DIY fix not a rejection). That isn't the case. The wheels are turning slowly, but they are turning and in the right direction.

Each to their own of course, personally I'm sick of the whole saga. Have spent far too many evenings and weekends on this thread when I should be enjoying the van. If this next fix doesn't resolve the issue I'll be rejecting it, no question.

Wouldn’t they need to deduct all the mileage to the dealer and back, and also to campsites where you have not had full enjoyment of the California?

Each to their own of course, personally I'm sick of the whole saga. Have spent far too many evenings and weekends on this thread when I should be enjoying the van. If this next fix doesn't resolve the issue I'll be rejecting it, no question.
This is a minor problem compared with this:

Wouldn’t they need to deduct all the mileage to the dealer and back, and also to campsites where you have not had full enjoyment of the California?
Yes exactly. Compensation forms part of the consumer rights law too if you have been “inconvenienced” and it has cost you I believe.

What happens when older vans need bellows replacing? I can't believe they just stopped dead making the older parts? Crazy

What happens when older vans need bellows replacing? I can't believe they just stopped dead making the older parts? Crazy
Bellows are still available, even for the T4.

I thought even older vans were being supplied with the latest bellows? I'm sure I saw someone on this forum who ordered a replacement for his 5.1 and got the twin skin.
Yes.i read that and that was my concern

10 years, I think I saw something the other day. Its in a code of practice to provide spare parts for the duration of production of the vehicle and for a "reasonable period following the end of production".

Typical can't find the CoP now!

So my van has been in the workshop since Monday to have a new set of bellows fitted. Today the service manager phoned my up to tell me that they haven’t started the work yet as he’s had several emails this week from various people within VW asking which bellows they were fitting to my van. The reason being there is a new bellows out now that has been redesigned to stop the leaks… however as previously suggested on this forum, they haven’t changed the product number. It is still the C variant. The service manager said that’s virtually unheard of, but that’s what he’s been told by VW. The problem is he doesn’t know whether he is in possession of the C variant that leaks, or the ’new’ C variant that hopefully doesn’t. He’s trying to get that question answered, but no one at VW can answer the answer. Being as they have had the bellows in stock for at least 3 weeks, I‘m pretty confident it will be the leaky variant. He did finish off by saying that no one at VW seems to know their a#se from their elbow when it comes to these bellows.
So hopefully there is a non leaky bellows now being produced….. but it might be a lottery as to whether you get them fitted or the old C variant.
Hello, have you had a verdict yet? X

Hello, have you had a verdict yet? X
So after spending 4 days in the workshop last week, it was decided between the van centre and the EO that the new bellows they for it were not the new new version and so would probably leak. It was decided (quite rightly) not to bother replacing the bellows and to order a set of the new bellows that should now be watertight. So it looks like they are finally getting their act together. I was told that the new new version are coming through the supply chain, but as yet I've not had it confirmed when they will have some for my van.

But we don't know if those were the old new or the new new.:rolleyes:

Got mine booked in next Mon for leaks on my Nov '22 build Coast.
Thee person I know of, is the new new bellows - the modified ones
Was this installed within the last week though? I get the distinct impression the latest revised bellows have literally only become available within the last week, irrespective of where you are located.
yes. The person I know had theirs installed literally a few days ago.

This is a minor problem compared with this:

Minor problem ? Haha you all have a vehicle not fit for purpose … I personally don’t believe that is a minor problem for a 70k vehicle which is classed as a 4 berth campervan but can’t be used as one

Minor problem ? Haha you all have a vehicle not fit for purpose … I personally don’t believe that is a minor problem for a 70k vehicle which is classed as a 4 berth campervan but can’t be used as one
he's back. give em what for john

he's back. give em what for john
He cant stay away - just has to keep giving us 3rd hand stories about what a mate of a friend read on an internet.

In the meantime my 2023MY hasn't leaked a drop.....(to be fair I havn't needed the roof up for bit) but it doesn't stop me getting a lot of use out of the van.

FWIW I agree with you John. I've opened a case with the Motor Ombudsman about mine but I also appreciate some folks are happy to wait for a fix and that's their prerogative as well.

FWIW I agree with you John. I've opened a case with the Motor Ombudsman about mine but I also appreciate some folks are happy to wait for a fix and that's their prerogative as well.
Well, well guess what! The new/new bellows (#C v2) is on back order. So are we heading for #C v3. Couldn't book my Cali in for #C v3 to be installed because my Van centre had no idea when the new ones will be available.

Back