Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

All seems quiet on Calibord. The UK have been getting the red-carpet treatment for new 6.1 orders, maybe they're getting the same treatment on the bellows (or maybe there are just more of them in the UK as we seem to have had order priority)?

Has anyone actually seen the New, New canvas? Is it a new design or is it a modification of the existing "C" product.

Has anyone actually seen the New, New canvas? Is it a new design or is it a modification of the existing "C" product.
I'm not sure any have arrived in the UK yet. VWCV don't get told from the factory all the details of modifications which they acknowledge as frustrating.

I think you'll probably see that it's still the same dual fabric but work has been done to improve leaking at the seams.

When mine finally arrive (I believe second half of October) I doubt I'll remember what the originals were like so won't notice a difference, except I hope when it's raining!!!

Hopefully we start to get information from people who've had the new bellows fitted soon along with confirmation they've all been delivered from Germany

Is there no information about the ‘new’ bellows being installed on the German forum?

Is there no information about the ‘new’ bellows being installed on the German forum?
Nope. As above, I wonder if UK customers are getting them first (either because of the previous "red carpet" treatment and getting vehicles in a matter of months, we're making more noise because our weather has made the symptoms more evident, there are more MY23 Calis in the UK because of the aforementioned red carpet treatment or a combination).

I have had several emails and conversations with Madihah. They want me to take the van back in for "further investigation". I asked what they are going to achieve with the test as they have already been tested. They keep going round in circles, saying its for further investigation. I even contacted the dealer it went in for the first test and they said they hadn't got a clue what further investigation they could do.

I also got a definite NO to VW supplying a Cali Wrap. They gave some lame excuse about they don't know how the Wrap functions as they don't supply them and haven't tested them. Probably not the exact words but that's what it sounded like.

I'm not going to rush into the dealer, I've not got any spare holiday with Christmas coming.

Hopefully there will be some of these new bellows fitted and tested to see if they work.

Well our van has been subjected to moderate rain with the front facing into the prevailing conditions and yes my van now joins the ever growing list of leaking belows. it took about 20 mins of rain then started to flow in around the zip seam edges . Video's taken along with a video of the rain to go along side it. next step register the issue, will update with video etc in due course.

I was thinking... VW UK appear much more proactive about the leaking tops than Germany (although it's a bit difficult to follow calibord).

I wonder if it's either because there are no many more Cali's sold in the UK this year or are our consumer laws focussing their attention.

I know of three rejected vehicles and there must be a lot more...

I was thinking... VW UK appear much more proactive about the leaking tops than Germany (although it's a bit difficult to follow calibord).

I wonder if it's either because there are no many more Cali's sold in the UK this year or are our consumer laws focussing their attention.

This what I was alluding to in an earlier post; we seem to get our vans much quicker than Europe (at the moment anyway). I just wonder if we've got more of the latest bellows and combined with our wonderful weather, that's meant more have been identified as leaking.

This what I was alluding to in an earlier post; we seem to get our vans much quicker than Europe (at the moment anyway). I just wonder if we've got more of the latest bellows and combined with our wonderful weather, that's meant more have been identified as leaking.
Well, mines in the Workshop at this moment have it's C v2.0 installed. And pop top hydraulic pump.

Am keeping everything crossed!!!

The dealer has to demonstrate the bellows leak before a warranty replacement will be authorized. A video clip if the leaks is not enough.
I got mine in November 22 and didn't camp in it until May. First rain it leaked.
Now with VW for assessment.

You could well be right.

Hi all. Following some advise from earlier, I emailed the VW UK Exec office to ask whether there would be a recall or would it be a normal warranty job. My new Cali is MY23 almost certainly with the faulty bellows although I havent yet tested it.

I had a great call from The Exec Office this afternoon. (Didnt catch his name ‍♂️) He told me that recall is almost always safety related but they fully recognised the bellows problem - there are three in his office dealing with it.

The new, upgraded bellows is now in the supply chain and he is in contact with several VWCV service managers who are fitting the new bellows right now. He couldn’t say what the physical amendment is but is trying to find out. He is also in contact with customers who have just had the new bellows replaced under warranty in order to monitor the fix. He also said the Dealers are aware of the issue and the fix and should now be more sympathetic to a warranty fix. I will test mine in anger before going back to the Dealer, but the Exec Office said if it leaks, take it back.

So rhe Exec Office is aware of the issue, is in contact with Dealers and Customers and the first new bellows are being fitted. (PS. He also said he hasn’t had any issues yet with coloured bellows but that just may be chance)

Hi all. Following some advise from earlier, I emailed the VW UK Exec office to ask whether there would be a recall or would it be a normal warranty job. My new Cali is MY23 almost certainly with the faulty bellows although I havent yet tested it.

I had a great call from The Exec Office this afternoon. (Didnt catch his name ‍♂️) He told me that recall is almost always safety related but they fully recognised the bellows problem - there are three in his office dealing with it.

The new, upgraded bellows is now in the supply chain and he is in contact with several VWCV service managers who are fitting the new bellows right now. He couldn’t say what the physical amendment is but is trying to find out. He is also in contact with customers who have just had the new bellows replaced under warranty in order to monitor the fix. He also said the Dealers are aware of the issue and the fix and should now be more sympathetic to a warranty fix. I will test mine in anger before going back to the Dealer, but the Exec Office said if it leaks, take it back.

So rhe Exec Office is aware of the issue, is in contact with Dealers and Customers and the first new bellows are being fitted. (PS. He also said he hasn’t had any issues yet with coloured bellows but that just may be chance)
His name was Gary, I spoke to him as well. There isn't going to be a general recall type situation for this issue any time soon so if you want to get in the queue for whatever the fix is then I suggest you get your vans booked in for diagnostics.

Back