Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

possibly, I did and some photos but I had downsized them. I will have another go
I had the same issue emailing photos to the EO - only the smallest handful of images got through after several attempts to keep making them smaller, under a MB total. Frustratingly they won't open links from OneDrive or Google Drive either so no point linking bigger files.

I had the same issue emailing photos to the EO - only the smallest handful of images got through after several attempts to keep making them smaller, under a MB total. Frustratingly they won't open links from OneDrive or Google Drive either so no point linking bigger files.
You could always upload to YouTube and then send them the YouTube link.

I'm not sure it's necessary to send them pictures. I think it's very important to log the fault with the dealer and they should take care of all that initial stuff. Unless I'm missing something.

I'm not sure it's necessary to send them pictures. I think it's very important to log the fault with the dealer and they should take care of all that initial stuff. Unless I'm missing something.
Do both, your dealer is the route to pursuing a warranty claim or rejection, the EO is the route to motivating the VW UK directors and VW AG that developing a credible solution would be commercially sensible.

Having worked in auto product development for 26yrs a part is never revised without a corresponding change in part number. More likely they have not revised the canvas since 1st released and know fully root cause is thread used for stitching and new canvas dosent swell when wet hence it leaks like a sieve. If they arent going to tape seal over all stiching including where zips attach it will never keep the water out.

Having taken a Cali on a ‘try before you buy’ deal and found the bellows leaked we discussed this at the dealers on our return before we ordered
I was told they are aware of the problem and if it occurs on the van we have order the dealer would provide a topper until the issue is resolved by VW
Worth a word with dealers to see if they are all as helpful

Having taken a Cali on a ‘try before you buy’ deal and found the bellows leaked we discussed this at the dealers on our return before we ordered
I was told they are aware of the problem and if it occurs on the van we have order the dealer would provide a topper until the issue is resolved by VW
You'll get a different response if the deal is locked in or vehicle transferred. I can't think of anyone who has had a dealer supplied topper for free.

Just had this back regarding my email to VW on 29th September

Doesn't fill me with confidence!

"We tried to deliver your message multiple times over a few days; however, the person's destination email provider has not been reachable or has not accepted this message. We have stopped trying to deliver this message. Please check with the person you are trying to send to that they can still receive emails at this address.

Your message was not delivered within 0 days and 0 hours.
Host vwcv.co.uk is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<executive.office@vwcv.co.uk>
Reporting-MTA: dns; re-prd-fep-040.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net
Arrival-Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:28:49 +0100
Received-From-MTA: dns; re-prd-rgout-003.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net (10.2.54.6)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <executive.office@vwcv.co.uk>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; vwcv.co.uk

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 451 Now greylisted - please try again in five minutes"
This is the email address I have been using and has worked fine :-
customercare@vwcv.co.uk

I’ve supplied toppers for free and actually had Volkswagen commit to it. I would say down to the dealer not pushing hard enough.
Fortunately there are 1 or 2 dealers out there who understand the enormity of this situation and are customer-centric. However they are few and far between and this is clear from some of the reactions by these other dealers. The lack of communication both in the UK and Europe is pitiful.

Word gets around.
I was at the NEC show yesterday. Kenwood Audio had the only California Ocean.
As i was having a look around it a couple went past and the chap remarked "they're the ones with the leaking bellows!".

Word gets around.
I was at the NEC show yesterday. Kenwood Audio had the only California Ocean.
As i was having a look around it a couple went past and the chap remarked "they're the ones with the leaking bellows!".
There was also a starlight blue t6 ocean at the show. Advertising Thatcham alarms. The t6 look great. Lol. I also commented on the new Ocean bellows leaking. Wonder if I was that chap?

There was also a starlight blue t6 ocean at the show. Advertising Thatcham alarms. The t6 look great. Lol. I also commented on the new Ocean bellows leaking. Wonder if I was that chap?
Yesterday, with your partner? Passing the red Kenwood T6.1

Yesterday, with your partner? Passing the red Kenwood T6.1
Yes the red ocean. I was with friends though. Had a black coat round my waist. About 12ish. Then I went to the Wetherspoon but the queue was massive

Well right now they're hiding behind a right to repair Jon. Have complained to the Managing Director of the JCB Group, the Franchise Manager at Crawley, The VW Executive Office, the Motor Ombudsman, Watchdog and on social channels and yet the vehicle is still sat on my driveway. Would love to hear what you'd recommend doing? Genuinely, as I am at my wits' end with it.
Have they tried to repair it yet, They only have one option I believe ? Any finance on the vehicle if so what has vw finance said?

You tried , it leaked and you still bought a Cali ? Wow ….
A Cali topper is not a solution for a 70k vehicle.
Would it Or be best to buy one at a later date when they have a new design?

Have they tried to repair it yet, They only have one option I believe ? Any finance on the vehicle if so what has vw finance said?
My dealer was waiting for the rain, did nothing for two weeks and will not support my claim until they have seen it despite my photos of the leaks.
Exec office have been contacted by me and I have an incident number. They have promised to contact me several times but fail to do so.
I get better service from a supermarket!

My dealer was waiting for the rain, did nothing for two weeks and will not support my claim until they have seen it despite my photos of the leaks.
Exec office have been contacted by me and I have an incident number. They have promised to contact me several times but fail to do so.
I get better service from a supermarket!
Well I don’t think they can say it hasn’t rained anymore.

Back