Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

Some dealerships appear to be better than others.
Perhaps you might politely feed the information contained in this post back to your dealership in the hope they can be more helpful :)
I've done just that and with the added benefit they will get a double dose of my feelings on it should they read this far into the post :)

Hi everyone and massive thanks for all the positive replies, what a great forum you have going here. I actually bought my van from Preston who were awesome, but getting the van back to them for this type of work is a bit of a pita, though tempting!

@Camperfamily, wasn't aware that Clark Commercials were an option so I'll get straight onto them to see if they can help. I work in Loanhead so bit of a double bonus too if it works out.

Wow, instant and very helpful reply from Clark Commercials. They advise the 04S is the model currently being supplied for any repairs but that VW are still working on a further revision, details yet to be released. Whilst a repair isn't any further along, their knowledge and helpfulness is a huge step forward so massive thanks again @Camperfamily I know where my service and warranty work will be going in future :)

I've done just that and with the added benefit they will get a double dose of my feelings on it should they read this far into the post :)
We have a role as customers to encourage and facilitate...help the dealerships help us!

Wow, instant and very helpful reply from Clark Commercials. They advise the 04S is the model currently being supplied for any repairs but that VW are still working on a further revision, details yet to be released. Whilst a repair isn't any further along, their knowledge and helpfulness is a huge step forward so massive thanks again @Camperfamily I know where my service and warranty work will be going in future :)
This is interesting, so 04S bellows produced after 09/11/23 may not be the definitive solution. If VW are continuing to work on a further revision to the bellows they must have serious concerns over this version as well. :confused:

I’d love to know what revision is going into vans that are still to be built in the near future.

My guess is the 04S

Wow, instant and very helpful reply from Clark Commercials. They advise the 04S is the model currently being supplied for any repairs but that VW are still working on a further revision, details yet to be released. The Whilst a repair isn't any further along, their knowledge and helpfulness is a huge step forward so massive thanks again @Camperfamily I know where my service and warranty work will be going in future :)

This is interesting, so 04S bellows produced after 09/11/23 may not be the definitive solution. If VW are continuing to work on a further revision to the bellows they must have serious concerns over this version as well. :confused:
Yes, i am confused too...and concerned. What of all the recently (and soon to be) delivered vans that have 04S bellows...very worrying.

When our van arrives at the dealership in the UK I’ll be asking them to look at the label and tell me what revision the bellows are which may result in an instant rejection of the van.

I’d love to know what revision is going into vans that are still to be built in the near future.

My guess is the 04S
My van was built in week 49 and has the 04S bellows with a post 09/11/23 production date and the A sticker whatever that signifies, but going on the information that @duncanwhite2020 has been provided with by CC VW are continuing to work on a revision with the sounds of it.

Yours is to be delivered soon? Is that right?
Nah. Meant to go into build on Monday.

I think it’ll probably be a march collection.

I’d be surprised if VW aren’t fitting the new vans with the fixed bellows… surely….

My van was built in week 49 and has the 04S bellows with a post 09/11/23 production date and the A sticker whatever that signifies, but going on the information that @duncanwhite2020 has been provided with by CC VW are continuing to work on a revision with the sounds of it.
Have you managed to test them out yet?

Nah. Meant to go into build on Monday.

I think it’ll probably be a march collection.

I’d be surprised if VW aren’t fitting the new vans with the fixed bellows… surely….
Mine is being built now...not sure when it will be delivered, but not long off. I was feeling lighter about it all, thinking that 04S bellows would (surely) be fitted at the factory, that all was good! But maybe not...

...so that is at least two reports that VW are still working on a solution...that this will be revisions to both the 04S and the A 04S.

Mine is being built now...not sure when it will be delivered, but not long off. I was feeling lighter about it all, thinking that 04S bellows would (surely) be fitted at the factory, that all was good! But maybe not...
Surely the dealership can find out what revision is being fitted.

Yeah, I’m nervous to say the least.

We actually nearly bought one a year ago and I’m glad we didn’t now.

Surely the dealership can find out what revision is being fitted.

Yeah, I’m nervous to say the least.

We actually nearly bought one a year ago and I’m glad we didn’t now.
...but maybe you are no better off...still facing the delivery of a van with revised, but not sorted bellows? Me too.

...but maybe you are no better off...still facing the delivery of a van with revised, but not sorted bellows? Me too.
Sure you can reject the van...but that is a strain on both you and your relationship with your supplying dealership. Life is better when it has less hassles in it as a rule :)

Sure you can reject the van...but that is a strain on both you and your relationship with your supplying dealership. Life is better when it has less hassles in it as a rule :)
...they are good vans, many of us have our lives improved by them for sure...but this is all becoming a bit of a challenge!

O
...they are good vans, many of us have our lives improved by them for sure...but this is all becoming a bit of a challenge!
well we are actually considering jacking in our jobs and travelling full time in it. Either this year or in the new year (2025).

Really don’t want stress of getting the roof replaced.

O

well we are actually considering jacking in our jobs and travelling full time in it. Either this year or in the new year (2025).

Really don’t want stress of getting the roof replaced.
...sounds like a good plan.
The hiccup of the roof issue will get sorted in time...likely to be replaced with other challenges of course. Life will always have them :)
My approach in relation to my van order? Work closely with the dealership and do all i can to keep things sweet - It is likely a challenge for them as well.
VW look like they will get it sorted in time, but maybe it is not sorted yet?

...sounds like a good plan.
The hiccup of the roof issue will get sorted in time...likely to be replaced with other challenges of course. Life will always have them :)
My approach in relation to my van order? Work closely with the dealership and do all i can to keep things sweet - It is likely a challenge for them as well.
VW look like they will get it sorted in time, but maybe it is not sorted yet?
we are waiting on @GreenMissile to get out in the rain…

Back