Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaking pop tops on 2023 California Oceans

Yes I have my Cali now. Not been tested in the rain yet but I feel a lot more relaxed about it than before.
Just collected - great news!!! Am a bit surprised on the bellows date and will be interested how they work out.

Did you go 4 Motion too?

Just collected - great news!!! Am a bit surprised on the bellows date and will be interested how they work out.

Did you go 4 Motion too?
No not 4M but pretty much every other extra ticked. Build was early Dec and arrived at the dealer in early Jan so that’s why bellows is October.

Mine is out in the rain today. It’s only a half test really as it’s not that wet and where it’s parked it’s a bit sheltered but let’s see what happens

Mine is out in the rain today. It’s only a half test really as it’s not that wet and where it’s parked it’s a bit sheltered but let’s see what happens
Mine too, albeit rain now stopped. About 3 hours of steady rain earlier. Nothing to report, which is good, but like you said only a half test really today. Seemingly a few dry days ahead so no more real world testing for now. Good news so far but only 2 days of steady rain rather than heavy, hence a way away from conclusive for now.

So a few hours of fairly solid rain, some showers. Checked it during and a few hours after the rain to check both immediate and “percolating” / “wicking” ingress. Pleased to report neither. As mentioned previously this wasn’t full on weather really and only tested the front but all seems good so far :)

So a few hours of fairly solid rain, some showers. Checked it during and a few hours after the rain to check both immediate and “percolating” / “wicking” ingress. Pleased to report neither. As mentioned previously this wasn’t full on weather really and only tested the front but all seems good so far :)
My 2/10 03S (A) dripped inside with just light drizzle (albeit f5 breeze), so this is encouraging :thumb

We collected yesterday from Breeze. 4S. Stress tested in a lashing gale, rain & hail last night.

Dry as the Gobi Desert. Prefer to the previous gen inside, much better at filtering light.

I didn’t realise the double skin bellows was created to rectify the internal disco light effect from the coloured bellows.

Coloured bellows owners, beware the lynch mobs!

We collected yesterday from Breeze. 4S. Stress tested in a lashing gale, rain & hail last night.

Dry as the Gobi Desert. Prefer to the previous gen inside, much better at filtering light.

I didn’t realise the double skin bellows was created to rectify the internal disco light effect from the coloured bellows.

Coloured bellows owners, beware the lynch mobs!
Thanks for the information. It sounds very promising, as do the other reports so far from owners who have recently collected their Cali's.

How see through are the bellows from the outside?

Great news so far from early testing.

Like many of us I have had significant issues with the bellows leaking on our new California. Despite numerous complaints and calls it still isn’t resolved after 6 months.
I believe we should be compensated for all the inconvenience we have suffered.
My complaint to the Motor Ombudsman is being investigated.
would anyone be interested in meeting up at VW HQ in Milton Keynes for a peaceful demonstration

Like many of us I have had significant issues with the bellows leaking on our new California. Despite numerous complaints and calls it still isn’t resolved after 6 months.
I believe we should be compensated for all the inconvenience we have suffered.
My complaint to the Motor Ombudsman is being investigated.
would anyone be interested in meeting up at VW HQ in Milton Keynes for a peaceful demonstration
See you at Milton Keynes

Thanks Ken, if we can get a few more owners it would hopefully help us to get some answers
Unfortunately while VW Brand have hardly covered themselves in glory, the problem isn’t in the UK and to take it to those who have real influence you’ll need to go to De.

Collected from Breeze today. Build week 1 , mid December 4S bellows.
Hi. 4S but what date? VW UK are saying only manufacturing date post 09/11/23 are ok, 4S isn't important, build week of vehicles also not important. Assuming Adrian at VW UK is correct only the manufacturing date of the bellows is important, the build date and 4S are irrelevant, the current information we have is only bellows with a manufacturing date of 09/11/23 onwards are guaranteed to be ok. The whole build date and 4S are just muddying the water. Probably exactly what VW want :( Sorry just reread your post and you do say mid December for the bellows so that should be fine.

Unfortunately while VW Brand have hardly covered themselves in glory, the problem isn’t in the UK and to take it to those who have real influence you’ll need to go to De.
I’m just wanting to get a message across and hopefully if we attract some publicity it will make VW do something

Help people get it fixed, compensate, stop selling California’s with issues, recall, stop messing me around etc

Back