Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost connection on Victron smart phone app

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Recently replaced my phone and now find I can not connect via Bluetooth to Victron solar.
Reinstalling app makes no difference, problem occurs when trying to pair to system. The default code 000000 will not accept pairing.
Tried on another phone same problem.
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issue?

Recently replaced my phone and now find I can not connect via Bluetooth to Victron solar.
Reinstalling app makes no difference, problem occurs when trying to pair to system. The default code 000000 will not accept pairing.
Is there a reset button on the Controller?

See Section 11. Apparantly you can only have 1 phone paired at a time. You have to delete your old phone connection information.

It might be a password issue? I have two iPads and a iPhone paired to mine Victron. But can only use one at a time.

I use mine with multiple devices I’m not sure there is a phone limit?
According to the Manual there is a limit, also only 1 device at a time.

Tried that, removed app from old phone that still accessed system reinstalled app to new Motorola still not accepting pairing with default six zero's

Saw this on the web:

‘My smartsolar 250/60 strangely asked for a pin recently and 00000000 did not work so I tried 12345678 which did, but it defies all logic as it was not used setting things up originally.’

According to the Manual there is a limit, also only 1 device at a time.
Yes one at a time but they only connect when you open the app and actively click connect, its not an auto bluetooth connection like a headset. You can pair multiple devices and use any one of those. We have 2 phones and an ipad setup with ours so I know it works.

I had similar problem with mine and cured it by simply unplugging bluetooth module and reconnecting it. Worked for me.

Have tried all suggested fix's to no avail, when pairing connection gets to 80% before requesting pin but not connecting.
Spoke to the supplying dealer who gave me the phone number to the installers who suggested a workshop visit.
Not sure how practical that is due to lockdown and the fact they are in Worthing, I'm in Cambridge!
Suggested a reset but can not see any reset button.IMG_20201118_131130_996.jpg

Not sure if this helps but I recently had similar trouble connecting my phone for the first time after the smart controller had been installed. What eventually worked was resetting the PIN code. Open the app & when your device shows up on the devices list, click on the three dots to the right and select reset PIN. Then follow the instructions which require you to input the PUK, which is a long number that’s helpfully on the rear of the unit (!) I had to unscrew it from the wall and take a picture (rather tricky!) but it seemed to do the trick, and after it updated its software I was able to input a new PIN & connect.

I had that issue, tried everything, messaged Victron who referred me to original supplier. They said it was a fault they were obviously aware of and gave me address to send it back. They replaced under warranty and sent a new one within a week or two. Was about 14months old at time. I bought it off eBay via BatteryMegastore. They were very easy and pleasant to deal with.

LegoHippy
Big thank you, your fix worked.
Now back up and running with phone App.
Really greatful, pity both supplying dealer and installer didn't know this fix.

Back