Lowering the front suspension

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Anyone lowered their suspension, just the fronts?
When loaded my Beach suffers from a sagging rear end. Just wondered if anyone has lowered just the front to make it sit level or with a slight bit of rake...???

I'm thinking it would look better

I have not, but have had the same thought as the front just seems a touch high visually even without load. The back mud flaps will often scrape speed bumps so don't want to make the back any lower. Will monitor with interest!

Yep same thinking :thumb
I wouldn't want to change the rears as I want plenty of options to load her up when required.
Just wondered how steering and ride comfort would be affected with VW 30mm lower springs. Also, whether all springs have to be the same...???

soulstyledevon said:
Yep same thinking :thumb
I wouldn't want to change the rears as I want plenty of options to load her up when required.
Just wondered how steering and ride comfort would be affected with VW 30mm lower springs. Also, whether all springs have to be the same...???

Hi mate, is it a T4 you have? If so this uses a Torsion bar at the front rather than springs.
I'm no expert but from what i've read its easier!?! to lower in principle as there is a big nut on the underside of the van, which sets the tension on the torsion bar.if you undo this it lowers the suspension. Sounds easy as long as the nut hasn't siezed but plenty of WD would help sort this.

No matey, T5 beach