Manual OR DSG

Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer

kitesurfer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi All
I am used to driving manual gear Car or Van's.
I am in the process of looking to purchasing a Cali & think I would like an automatic.
any comments would be much appreciated.

Regards
Terry :?:

7 speed DSG - it's a dream. I swapped to automatics 10 years ago and will never go back :D

Andy

i bought an automatic audi about 5 years ago and havent gone back to a manual since. Both my and wifes current cars are auto, one of which is a dsg, and they are just nicer to drive i think. you miss the direct control a little in some occassions but you can override an auto in these situations.

We are looking for the right california know and a dsg box is high on the list of priorities!

I know that there as been much "discussion" on the forum re Manual v DSG. At the end of the day it will be down to your individual choice as to what you buy.When we decided to purchase a Cali we decided on the spec we wanted and started looking for a pre register van. I had never driven an automatic or considered one. When we found a van that had what we wanted and with only 99 miles on the clock and £3k cheaper than another van with the same spec BUT it was an automatic. A no brainer and to cut a long story short I went for the DSG, took 2 days to get used to it and never looked back. If I were changing my Cali and the right spec was available but manual it would not put me off. However my preference would be now DSG A lifetimes change of direction after 6 month driving a DSG give it another 6 months and manual gearbox may be off the list.

Martin said:
James said:
Martin said:
Oh dear, here we go again !

Didn't we all agree DSG last time??????? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I think it even ended up as 'DSG or compromise' was the phrase lol

:laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

maybe we should let this one lay to rest .... :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

Picked up my new car 1st March, S-Tronic (Audi DSG) - It's sooo good to be back with a DSG box :laugh2

Stu said:
Picked up my new car 1st March, S-Tronic (Audi DSG) - It's sooo good to be back with a DSG box :laugh2

Don't fuel that fire stu ... Lol

Stu said:

Stu

Do you wish that your Berghaus had come with the option of DSG?

James

James said:
Stu said:

Stu

James

Without a shadow of a doubt mate. It would be my first choice every time.

Stu said:
James said:
Stu said:

Stu

James

Without a shadow of a doubt mate. It would be my first choice every time.

I feel the same about the Beach. Would have had DSG if available. :)

Have I mentioned that I have more DSG California's on my hire fleet than manuals.........5 verus 2 :D

Wow
caused a bit of a ruckus their.

"Sorry" but new to the forum, I though that was what a forum was for for people that don't now what would be best can ask the question ???????

Thank you all for the input a great help in making my mind up, it's got to be a DSG

Regards
Terry :crazy

Kitesurfer said:
Wow
caused a bit of a ruckus their.

"Sorry" but new to the forum, I though that was what a forum was for for people that don't now what would be best can ask the question ???????

Thank you all for the input a great help in making my mind up, it's got to be a DSG

Regards
Terry :crazy

Terry

Not at all - it's a forum running joke about DSG, as someone said, this was discussed before and it's if not the longest thread one of the most debated and amusing.

Read the thread :) :)

James

yeah.. just a running thread for the battle of the transmissions :lol: :lol:

i love them both ,but have a manual until i'm old enough to get into the auto club .. :laugh2

choplee said:

i love them both ,but have a manual until i'm old enough to get into the auto club .. :laugh2

Secretly you want a DSG lee, I don't know why you fight it :) :)

James

Hi James / Choplee

i realised this must of been asked a thousand time's

Choplee i am definitely at the age to go DSG

Cheers
Terry :lol:

James said:
choplee said:

Secretly you want a DSG lee, I don't know why you fight it :) :)

James

Shall I see if I can get my berg converted .... Pmsl .... Not ;-)

choplee said:

Are we dividing the 'Cali's on the Farm' meet into two sides? Manual one side and DSG the other...... :lol:

Theres only one way to sort this out............

Chill out you lot

Do you have bare fist fights at these meets

I am getting scared

the last fight i had was in junior school :eek:

Only joking :laugh2

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Kitesurfer said:
Chill out you lot

Do you have bare fist fights at these meets

We were looking for some more idea's for things to do at Cali's on the Farm :thumb :thumb I will add this to the timetable for Saturday ... any volunteers?