Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual OR DSG

Martin said:
Kitesurfer said:
Chill out you lot

Do you have bare fist fights at these meets

We were looking for some more idea's for things to do at Cali's on the Farm :thumb :thumb I will add this to the timetable for Saturday ... any volunteers?

I think we would have to take into consideration more than just transmission when looking at this Martin and me not volunteering unless I turn up with an evil streak inside me .. Lol lol

choplee said:
Martin said:
Kitesurfer said:
Chill out you lot

Do you have bare fist fights at these meets

We were looking for some more idea's for things to do at Cali's on the Farm :thumb :thumb I will add this to the timetable for Saturday ... any volunteers?

I think we would have to take into consideration more than just transmission when looking at this Martin and me not volunteering unless I turn up with an evil streak inside me .. Lol lol

Lee

You should drive a DSG at the meet, you could bring your slippers?

James

We were looking for some more idea's for things to do at Cali's on the Farm :thumb :thumb I will add this to the timetable for Saturday ... any volunteers?[/quote]

I think we would have to take into consideration more than just transmission when looking at this Martin and me not volunteering unless I turn up with an evil streak inside me .. Lol lol[/quote]

Lee

You should drive a DSG at the meet, you could bring your slippers?

James[/quote]

Lee you can have a go in my Toffee Brown-DSG...... :laugh2

I will have my left arm in a sling and steering wheel turning assist knob and pro plus ,so maybe I could Gary thankyou :) lol

Are people still actually buying manuals ?

manual for me ......DSG is way to expensive to repair when it goes wrong , im planning on keeping my cali for a long time so DSG is a no for me , im sure if you'll prefer the DSG to drive but manual for me.

manual for me ......DSG is way to expensive to repair when it goes wrong , im planning on keeping my cali for a long time so DSG is a no for me , im sure if you'll prefer the DSG to drive but manual for me.
Clutches and Dual Mass Flywheels seem to be regular failings along with gearbox faults also getting quite a regular mention on Transporter Forums.

Its down to preferencial choice. Now on transporter no 5 all manual and no issues whatsoever. My environment is much better suited to manual and is my choice as I enjoy driving :)

Cruise control without DSG is useless. With a manual box you lose CC each time you change gears. My first Cali was manual, my current one DSG. No looking back!