Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress toppers for downstairs bed

It’s not cheap and you would think for the price comfortable beds would be standard.our comfort mattress with a topper is nice and comfortable but upstairs isn’t I may need some black out and also a topper for up there...
We never sleep upstairs but really would like to start using the top bed.
We’ve just bought an isotop for the upstairs: to keep warm in winter and coller in summer. Also to darken at nighttime

I too am very pleased with this mattress. Much more comfortable than the comfort mattress and 30mm memory foam topper I have been using. Weight is 13kg less than before which makes it so easy to pull outside for stargazing etc. Also useful to now have the boot shelf on the higher setting. Did find when the other half moves at night you do feel it more but sure I’ll get used to that. Just need to get into the habit of releasing the valves as saw the warning about leaving it inflated on hot days.

Do you use it on top of the laid-flat bench seat or do you have something else there? I have a comfort memory foam topper that goes on top of the bench seat but that is quite hard.

Let us know the verdict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mattress has arrived. We’ve inflated it in our lounge. It took a couple of hours but required no manual air pumping. To say it’s comfortable is an understatement. Think we’ll be using this on its own. And potentially with our John Lewis topper on top, just for extra cosiness!

6A1A9639-2FC1-47C2-AACF-BE945C20684E.jpeg

The mattress has arrived. We’ve inflated it in our lounge. It took a couple of hours but required no manual air pumping. To say it’s comfortable is an understatement. Think we’ll be using this on its own. And potentially with our John Lewis topper on top, just for extra cosiness!

View attachment 56190
That looks like it was made for a Cali with the rear corner cut out.
It looks good :thumb

That looks like it was made for a Cali with the rear corner cut out.
It looks good :thumb

It is indeed. We both lay on it, me and hubby. It’s very comfortable. It’s a massive difference to the comfort mattress that we got with the van. But a bit of work to get it sorted each time. But comfort takes effort right and my hips need a break! Will undoubtedly be something we get used to rolling out, self-inflating, whacking in the roof, and then bringing downstairs or keeping it up there, depending on the weather. What do you use? I have done loads of research. Duvalay seemed like it might take up too much room! Zonesleep not comfortable enough! Mindboggling

It is indeed. We both lay on it, me and hubby. It’s very comfortable. It’s a massive difference to the comfort mattress that we got with the van. But a bit of work to get it sorted each time. But comfort takes effort right and my hips need a break! Will undoubtedly be something we get used to rolling out, self-inflating, whacking in the roof, and then bringing downstairs or keeping it up there, depending on the weather. What do you use? I have done loads of research. Duvalay seemed like it might take up too much room! Zonesleep not comfortable enough! Mindboggling
We have a big thing, can't remember what type it is but its
a tailor made Cali one.
It takes up a lot of space on the back shelf but it is comfortable.
You can be on one knee and still not feel the seat underneath.

Its all a compromise with space and comfort, if i didn't have mine
i would be looking for something like you have.

Unfortunately , on my Cali exclusive the cut is on the opposite side so may just be able to turn it over ; will see when it arrives. Just wondering if you can sleep on the material that is on the opposite side though.

Yes; got charged ! So ended up
more than £192 in the end

Sorry a few questions:
After the initial inflate at home, how long does it take to inflate each night?
Is it possible to roll/fold to store it on the back shelf rather than in the roof and if so much space does it take up?
Are you using it on top of the comfort mattress when sleeping down below or have you taken that out of the van?
Also will it store on the top bed when travelling on top of the vw mattress or have you had to remove that?

take a look here , and scroll trough all pictures :
I try to take some pictures in our cali with matress stored under the roof .
What you do is , you roll the mat up and unroll it again, the special valve prevents the matress to self inflate again, the volume is only half in height and fits effortless under the roof.
Do you take out the upstairs mattress too? Or leave that in and put the SIM on top? Just trying to figure out storage, etc. And I'm assuming it's not as wide upstairs but you don't see that as an issue? Thanks

Sorry a few questions:
After the initial inflate at home, how long does it take to inflate each night?
Is it possible to roll/fold to store it on the back shelf rather than in the roof and if so much space does it take up?
Are you using it on top of the comfort mattress when sleeping down below or have you taken that out of the van?
Also will it store on the top bed when travelling on top of the vw mattress or have you had to remove that?

I've asked the same. Even though I've now got one, rolled up with bungee cords, and plan to remove the Comfort mattress next time we go away and see how we get along.

I want to know if people also remove the upstairs mattress, too.

Seems like sea to summit better get ready for a mass of orders !!!

Sea to Summit is an Australian company and their gear is fantastic. We have two mattresses we bought for camping and a whole heap of other products, which are all excellent. I can highly recommend their foam core pillows, which are wonderfully comfortable and silky soft. They pack up really small too.

Do you use it on top of the laid-flat bench seat or do you have something else there? I have a comfort memory foam topper that goes on top of the bench seat but that is quite hard.
Yes just on the flat bench. It's so thick you won't feel anything through it. Have cut to size and attached a piece of 10mm foam camping mat to the rear shelf just to protect the mattress from the wire shelf. Found best not to over inflate it, just enough air makes it even more comfortable. Can't recommend it enough.

Mine has arrived
520d351d653fdb727d31374d7294489e.jpg

Good job you took a photo, that may be the last time you see it in the stuff sack it came in. Damhik

However, the comfort level is brilliant