Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meet Organisers Required for 2019

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Due the success of meets arranged this year we are looking for more people to arrange club meets in their own area for 2019, these can be anything from a small gathering of 5 vans up to something a bit larger.

So far we have a few meets lined up for next year in Gloucester and in Dorset but we need more, especially heading North.

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there would be an interest to arrange something similar for Ireland?

According to the map there are a good amount of California owners here. I would be interested in meetings as well to help organize (even thought he has not a lot of experience he is rushing to say, but a lot of good will).

Regards,
Eberhard

Godd afternoon.

I was wondering the same thing.Good idea..

A meet up of Essex Cali,s

I will be an owner next Feb 2019 hopefully.

May be Southend ?.

Good to see people having intrest in a meet in theire nearby , but as Martin stated we don’t need tips on where meet should be . There need to be people who makes contact with a campsite they know or prefer . Make a deal with the owners and from there on announce it on the forum as a meet . And even better like @Jabberwocky did last week with a event or dinner to gather people.
@Kmann did great in Denmark , ...yes we can!

As for those thinking ...whats in it for me...?
There’s no money in the world that can even the satisfaction of seeing your own organised meet with all your friends/cali owners .
Nevertheless i usual try to ask the site for a free pitch for myself when organising a meet ...;)

There’s no money in the world that can even the satisfaction of seeing your own organised meet with all your friends/cali owners .
Nevertheless i usual try to ask the site for a free pitch for myself when organising a meet ...;)
Ever thought of going into politics HC? :D

Good to see people having intrest in a meet in theire nearby , but as Martin stated we don’t need tips on where meet should be . There need to be people who makes contact with a campsite they know or prefer . Make a deal with the owners and from there on announce it on the forum as a meet . And even better like @Jabberwocky did last week with a event or dinner to gather people.
@Kmann did great in Denmark , ...yes we can!

100% HC. :)

I’d be happy to sort something out up norf, I wouldn’t know where to start but happy to organise something. Lakes, dales, Pennines, beach camping (black rock).
Let me know if it’s of interest! :thumb:thumb:thumb:cheers

what's the minimum requirements for a site for a meet please?

is it generally expected that there should be electrical hook ups ? are showers essential?

or is something more basic OK?

is it generally expected that there should be electrical hook ups ? are showers essential?

EHU is not essential but for some reason when ever we have electric on offer it always sells out first. Good toilets and showers are also essential and also from previous experience recently we highly recommend to have a pub nearby or a function room for the evening so everyone can get together no matter the weather.

I’d be happy to sort something out up norf, I wouldn’t know where to start but happy to organise something. Lakes, dales, Pennines, beach camping (black rock).
Let me know if it’s of interest! :thumb:thumb:thumb:cheers

Yes please, I have added you to another part of the forum so you can get more information

If you are ok with the basics some others might follow . It does not have to be fancy , after all it’s camping.
Noting wrong with a basic campsite or even a private field , as long people know what to get before signing in.

I have found after organising a meet that there are plenty of folks who will attend the cheaper and more expensive sites. I think generally if you organise something you like there will be others who will like it too.

Generally a weekend meet EHU isn't really required, even a beach should last 2 or 3 days with heater and fridge so we should all be good. It is still a nice to have for many.

Yorkshire meet earlier this year was without hook up and we managed fine. I think more important is that there is somewhere for us all to go in the evening(s), particularly if the weather is bad. Could be a pub, a site facility, or preferably a brewery! ;)

The forestry site at Beddgelert used to have a large hut for use of the campers, but I’m not sure if it’s still available as I read that the site, or most of it, has been given over to the dreaded invasion of the lodges :headbang

Yorkshire meet earlier this year was without hook up and we managed fine. I think more important is that there is somewhere for us all to go in the evening(s), particularly if the weather is bad. Could be a pub, a site facility, or preferably a brewery! ;)

The forestry site at Beddgelert used to have a large hut for use of the campers, but I’m not sure if it’s still available as I read that the site, or most of it, has been given over to the dreaded invasion of the lodges :headbang
Progress? Grrrr

From my perspective a meet can be many things. From a semi spontaneous few hours local gathering, to a more detailed and longer event. From a small visit at a (i.e.) local brewery to a VW Festival … most important is that you align expectations and describe well to avoid misunderstandings and disappointments. You can put in it what you like to do. So for those in doubt, start small - rather than not ;-)

Iben and I we hope that 2019 will be the year we manage to come over for a meet and Hello.

From my perspective a meet can be many things. From a semi spontaneous few hours local gathering, to a more detailed and longer event. From a small visit at a (i.e.) local brewery to a VW Festival … most important is that you align expectations and describe well to avoid misunderstandings and disappointments. You can put in it what you like to do. So for those in doubt, start small - rather than not ;-)

Iben and I we hope that 2019 will be the year we manage to come over for a meet and Hello.
The beginning of a plan?
Through which port would you most likely arrive in the UK, Harwich? Lets see if one of the meets will be closest to try to limit too much driving in UK. But then if you are planning a tour of the UK this would not be so important for you.

That would be great, I do think you raised the bar for meets for the Denmark meet, I've been to commercial trips that weren't as well organised as yours was.

Would be great to see you both again!

Last edited:
That would be great, I do think you raised the bar for meets for the Denmark meet, I've been to commercial trips that weren't as well orgainsed as yours was.

Would be great to see you both again!

Thank you, I really got a kind of carried away a bit … but that is because it is great fun to do a meet. And all the acknowledgment I have received makes it even more fun. But I think It should really be up to the one to set the bar. And not being hold back because others might be more ambitious.

It would be soo nice to meet you alle again, and I am sure that will happen. Right now we have a trip to southern UK in the bowl of wishes for 2019. And then there is the Danish meet - where you all are welcome again ;-)

It would be soo nice to meet you alle again, and I am sure that will happen. Right now we have a trip to southern UK in the bowl of wishes for 2019. And then there is the Danish meet - where you all are welcome again ;-)
".......the Danish meet......" ?
Did you set a date yet?