Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motor home ban

It depends where you do it. If somebody takes offence at a harmless activity which doesn’t actually affect them or anybody or anything else adversely, its wholly their problem.
I’m done; life to live...

A main point about carelessly emptying a grey water tank as above, is not so much the nuisance factor, but the sheer smell of it, after it’s been fermenting in the tank for a while, it’s yuk.

If you can’t find a proper disposal point, at least park over a road drain, and release it there.

I can understand the ban in certain places, we have a place near us where motorhomes park up and it does look ugly and gets a lot of complaints from locals

Here's a twat in a motor home parked next to me in Scarborough clearly dumping his soapy waste water into the car park. No wonder it gets banned. I was just parked here to go on the lash with the lads and its a great spot no doubt soon to be ruined by being banned because of twats like this

View attachment 53617

This is nothing, have you seen what travellers leave behind? We had a group of travellers on our local school playing field and they left behind soiled nappies and piles of human excrement. Which cost our local council over £2000 to clear. They never get prosecuted

This is nothing, have you seen what travellers leave behind? We had a group of travellers on our local school playing field and they left behind soiled nappies and piles of human excrement. Which cost our local council over £2000 to clear. They never get prosecuted
It is disgusting what’s left when they leave a site, but it’s also bad that local authorities don’t provision sufficient official sites for them to stay at, which they are empowered to do, and which would minimise this issue. The travellers have nowhere to go, and then tax payers money is wasted cleaning up after them.

The country code can be applied equally to motor caravan users:
Leave nothing but footprints
Take nothing but photos
Pick nothing but your nose
Break nothing but wind

Biodegradable or otherwise, dumping grey water in a public space is unacceptable. Use a drain or proper disposal point.

Saying it’s unacceptable without any valid justification as to why it’s unacceptable is not acceptable.

If it’s harmless it’s acceptable.

Saying it’s unacceptable without any valid justification as to why it’s unacceptable is not acceptable.

If it’s harmless it’s acceptable.
But it isn't harmless.

Others see it being dumped, think it is acceptable, so do it themselves with or without biodegradable soap.

===

We have a similar issue around my boys school. Some local residents give consent for their friends to park across their driveways at pick up and drop off time at school. Others see them doing this with impunity and so feel if they can do it, so can I, so park across driveways without consent. Result: mayhem.

===

It is not just your actions that matter - it is how others perceive your actions that matter, and how they may react to that perception.

But it isn't harmless.

Others see it being dumped, think it is acceptable, so do it themselves with or without biodegradable soap.

===

We have a similar issue around my boys school. Some local residents give consent for their friends to park across their driveways at pick up and drop off time at school. Others see them doing this with impunity and so feel if they can do it, so can I, so park across driveways without consent. Result: mayhem.

===

It is not just your actions that matter - it is how others perceive your actions that matter, and how they may react to that perception.

I can only take responsibility for my actions. I don’t really care how others perceive my actions, providing that I am not causing actual harm to anyone. Adults need to be responsible for themselves and their own decisions.

It’s not acceptable to deem a perfectly harmless action unacceptable, because others may copy it incorrectly. Nobody could do anything at all without this risk. If people understand the rationale for it being acceptable, then they can also harmlessly follow this good practice.

There seems to be more and more height barriers and restrictions everywhere you go, thats why i always go to continental Europe for holidays or short breaks - campervans/motorhomes seem to be unwelcome in most places... not surprising either that you rarely see EU plated vans on holiday in the uk...
My reasoning as well to travel to the EU for camping.

Bit of Trolling going on here. Clickbait.

A
Having lived in an area blighted by wild camping, where we could no longer exercise dogs or children for fear of them finding piles of toilet paper, nappies rubbish,foodwaste, and poo behind bushes and on footpaths, I fail to understand why people who can afford many thousands of pounds to buy a motorhome or camper van are unwilling to support the local economy in places they utilise, by paying for a campsite where there are proper facilities.......
Yes I am sure there are many who leave no trace behind, but there are also many who have filthy habits. If your
locality was invaded by travellers I suspect there would be an outcry!!! Some Moterhomes, Campervanners are little better...
Yes the ignorant minority spoil it for everyone, but before you complain about others reaction, think how you would feel if it was near your home.
As I spend about 8 months of the year traveling the country in my van I simply can’t afford the ridiculous prices of camp sites. I never make noise or leave mess and am finding it harder and harder to find places to park for the night near to local businesses I can support.

It’s not acceptable to deem a perfectly harmless action unacceptable, because others may copy it incorrectly. Nobody could do anything at all without this risk. If people understand the rationale for it being acceptable, then they can also harmlessly follow this good practice.
But it isn't harmless.

Ha. I get that it's only a bit of sopay water. But I also think dumping it in public spaces is not on. Take it home.

What's wrong with some soapy water, there are a lot worse things on the ground