Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY 21 VW Build Year

Any new, and recent orders for T6.1 California's, will be built to MY21 specification.
MY21 PRODUCT CHANGES.
Dynamic Chassis Control no longer available.
DSG. No Sports Mode.
Digital Mapping now switchable to cockpit display. Previously only available on Discovery Media Pro.
Internal alarm can't now be disarmed from B pillar. Button deleted. Now switchable via Info-System or vehicle key.
No air-con cooling duct to glovebox.
Flyscreens now cost option.
Candy White paintwork price increase.
NEW Sports Package.
Includes:-
18" Back Springfield Alloy Wheels.
LED rear tail lights.
Front fog lights.
Privacy glass.
Underbody tray, front and rear.
(Details of Sports Package seem a little strange, as some of the listed items, are already standard on a California. Need confirmin. Sorry.)
We placed an order last week so gawd knows what we are going to get! The spec was 2020 but the order was placed after the 1/7 so it will be a 21. I guess its a lucky dip!

Good Morning all, just to let you know the official changes to MY21 vehicles as from VW to put some minds at ease!

• The DSG gearbox no longer has the 'S' mode (Sport)
  • If you spec the Dynamic Chassis Control option the gearbox response settings can no longer be adjusted
  • The navigation map will now display on the virtual cockpit without having to spec the Discover Media Pro
  • Slight Change to the colour of the Davenport alloys - only visible if side to side with old ones
  • Slight change to the colour of the Springfield alloys - as above
  • The alarm ultrasonic's are now disabled through the infotainment system or a double press of the lock button on the key, no longer the button on the b pillar
  • Candy white paint is now £250 option
  • Fly screens were originally not available on T6.1 California, they will now be offered as a cost option but i'm told will not be available until build week 48
  • Sports Pack now available which includes - 18" Black Springfield alloys, LED Rear Tail Lights, Front & Rear under body guards, Privacy Glass, Front Fog Lights. (Waiting for some clarification on this as some of this is standard spec)
  • Driver Assistance Package Plus now available which includes - Traffic Sign Recognition, Active Lane Assist, High Beam assist
  • The Glove compartment will no longer offer a cooling function or be flocked
I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Shaun

We placed an order last week so gawd knows what we are going to get! The spec was 2020 but the order was placed after the 1/7 so it will be a 21. I guess its a lucky dip!
Your order will be MY21

Good Morning all, just to let you know the official changes to MY21 vehicles as from VW to put some minds at ease!

• The DSG gearbox no longer has the 'S' mode (Sport)
  • If you spec the Dynamic Chassis Control option the gearbox response settings can no longer be adjusted
  • The navigation map will now display on the virtual cockpit without having to spec the Discover Media Pro
  • Slight Change to the colour of the Davenport alloys - only visible if side to side with old ones
  • Slight change to the colour of the Springfield alloys - as above
  • The alarm ultrasonic's are now disabled through the infotainment system or a double press of the lock button on the key, no longer the button on the b pillar
  • Candy white paint is now £250 option
  • Fly screens were originally not available on T6.1 California, they will now be offered as a cost option but i'm told will not be available until build week 48
  • Sports Pack now available which includes - 18" Black Springfield alloys, LED Rear Tail Lights, Front & Rear under body guards, Privacy Glass, Front Fog Lights. (Waiting for some clarification on this as some of this is standard spec)
  • Driver Assistance Package Plus now available which includes - Traffic Sign Recognition, Active Lane Assist, High Beam assist
  • The Glove compartment will no longer offer a cooling function or be flocked
I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Shaun
Thanks Shaun. Can you also please advise from when the MY21 build applies. My California Ocean is being built in week 29 (next week) so is it the MY20 or 21

also please can you advise on whether the ocean has a sliding window in the sliding door. I’ve seen one with and a couple without.
Thanks
Colin

Thanks Shaun. Can you also please advise from when the MY21 build applies. My California Ocean is being built in week 29 (next week) so is it the MY20 or 21

also please can you advise on whether the ocean has a sliding window in the sliding door. I’ve seen one with and a couple without.
Thanks
Colin
MY21 are from build week 30 so yours should be MY20, id confirm it with your supplying dealer though

They only have a sliding window in the passenger side, no slider in the sliding door (Not that i have seen anyway)

Thanks,

Shaun

Thanks
Colin

I understood it to be the ocean comes with and the coast without the sliding window in the sliding door?

I understood it to be the ocean comes with and the coast without the sliding window in the sliding door?
2:48 in this Cali Chris video:

Indeed, yes, this was MY20 though, so who knows!!

2:48 in this Cali Chris video:

Indeed, yes, this was MY20 though, so who knows!!
Thanks. I saw this and there was a sliding window in the door. However on his latest ocean video there is no window and the 6.1 ocean I saw at very Sheffield also didn’t have a sliding window in the door

but the brochure says there is a sliding window

Very confusing!!!

Reactions: Sad
Thanks. I saw this and there was a sliding window in the door. However on his latest ocean video there is no window and the 6.1 ocean I saw at very Sheffield also didn’t have a sliding window in the door

but the brochure says there is a sliding window

Very confusing!!!
Oh yeah!! Hadn't noticed

Just joining this chat, just ordered this week so fully expecting the sliding door to have an opening window as per the online configurator and July brochure. All will be revealed when someone actually has an MY21 Ocean to hand.

Sounds to me like on the my21 they have taken stuff off and not given much in return .apart from cost options!
The sat nav workd on the driver display anyway by way of arrows with a distance ,,,
a quick glance to the left and you see the full maps.
I would rather have it this way in all honesty,
I would prefer sports mode and the little button on the pillar at least that way you know it’s definitely off or on.
Why complicate things by having to go into the infotainment system or stand there double clicking the keyfob

Sounds to me like on the my21 they have taken stuff off and not given much in return .apart from cost options!
The sat nav workd on the driver display anyway by way of arrows with a distance ,,,
a quick glance to the left and you see the full maps.
I would rather have it this way in all honesty,
I would prefer sports mode and the little button on the pillar at least that way you know it’s definitely off or on.
Why complicate things by having to go into the infotainment system or stand there double clicking the keyfob
Software is cheap so they’re saving the cost of the button on the pillar :)
Maybe they’re not making enough margin on the >£65k price tag :)

Just joining this chat, just ordered this week so fully expecting the sliding door to have an opening window as per the online configurator and July brochure. All will be revealed when someone actually has an MY21 Ocean to hand.
Ours is supposed to be delivered at the end of September so will let you know.

If you spec the Dynamic Chassis Control option the gearbox response settings can no longer be adjusted
Hi Shaun
Can you clarify this, how can non-DCC gearbox responses be adjusted ?

Hi Shaun
Can you clarify this, how can non-DCC gearbox responses be adjusted ?
1615988463605.png
Hi Tim,

This is the extract from the VW MY21 update bulletin to us, the gearbox response settings cannot be adjusted either with or without DCC. The MY21 Gearbox also has no sport mode, only drive and manual.

Sorry I cant be of much help.