Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California beach starlight blue

I've also got the Vango airbeam - but not the carpet as the reviews on Amazon are not so good - apparently it rips after not much use. I'd be interested to hear if others have better experience.
Thanks AlisonF haven't seen the reviews. I think go outdoors do a sort of multipurpose carpet but not sure what that is like? Have you used yours yet? I know you have just got your van (very nice Btw) but not sure if you had used it on another vehicle?

That's what all the faffing around is for, the good times and adventures we will have in them!
Well my mats are on here (which are a must imo), can't really help you with the fridge as I have an OEM one which is good enough for me (perhaps a bit bulky). The drive away awning we have is a kela air beam (which we bought 2nd hand from a BMS engineer at work). We have used it once and it was, easy to put up/take down and retained heat very well. It did make the whole rig quite wide so will always check with the site we can put it up. Also think we are going to buy the carpet before we use it next.
17241e63dc7f1423ebec8a9f8b55da79.jpg
84236674d1badb830c17d7ed241f8eaf.jpg

d6b539834e04c56feaa32c15dcf07790.jpg
Looks great, I was thinking of the Kela air beam myself.
How does it attach to the van ?

6mm to 6mm kador strip and figure of 8 connectors. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product-category/awning-kador-kit
I bought 4m and cut it down with a pair of side cutters, 3m would have probably done though.
If I put it up right (I did have a few goes). Don't put the ground sheet in the middle ie. The two corners in the centre of the wheels as this is way too far forward on the van and the sliding door won't open as it catches and the kador strips won't connect for the full length. You need to put one corner about a foot off the back bumper and the other then falls behind the front wheel. I had to drop the van forward twice to get the right positioning hence the reason that in the pics my van is nearly in the hedge. Just a tip for you guys as I was getting a bit frustrated and I'm sure some people were laughing at me by the water filling point :punch

Last edited:
Thanks AlisonF haven't seen the reviews. I think go outdoors do a sort of multipurpose carpet but not sure what that is like? Have you used yours yet? I know you have just got your van (very nice Btw) but not sure if you had used it on another vehicle?
Nope, not used my awning yet. I bought it because it looks like the only one do-able on your own (with a wee step ladder for getting the kador strip in). I'm away next week and hope to test it the week after. On the carpers, I just didn't like the reviews although I don't have one to comment on. I've ordered more of the Gardman mats that I have in the kitchen and also bought for the van (which look great in it and need a photo) and they are machine washable...

Nope, not used my awning yet. I bought it because it looks like the only one do-able on your own (with a wee step ladder for getting the kador strip in). I'm away next week and hope to test it the week after. On the carpers, I just didn't like the reviews although I don't have one to comment on. I've ordered more of the Gardman mats that I have in the kitchen and also bought for the van (which look great in it and need a photo) and they are machine washable...
Check these out re step ladder http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Qua...680073?hash=item1a0ce7fdc9:g:HQEAAOSwLnlWpkQA
The kador strip does stay in at 70 + mph, I forgot to take mine off and drove on the M1 with it still attached, oops. so you could put it in at home so you don't have to take any steps?! Only joking ;)
Will have a look at the gardman mats sound interesting, thanks!
Hope you have a good trip :thumb

It would be great to know how you get on with your awning for the first time !

6mm to 6mm kador strip and figure of 8 connectors. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product-category/awning-kador-kit
I bought 4m and cut it down with a pair of side cutters, 3m would have probably done though.
If I put it up right (I did have a few goes). Don't put the ground sheet in the middle ie. The two corners in the centre of the wheels as this is way too far forward on the van and the sliding door won't open as it catches and the kador strips won't connect for the full length. You need to put one corner about a foot off the back bumper and the other then falls behind the front wheel. I had to drop the van forward twice to get the right positioning hence the reason that in the pics my van is nearly in the hedge. Just a tip for you guys as I was getting a bit frustrated and I'm sure some people were laughing at me by the water filling point :punch

Lol, there's nothing worse than an audience when your having a nightmare !!!!

Lol, there's nothing worse than an audience when your having a nightmare !!!!
Agreed! However if it wasn't for the positioning issue it is straight forward. Another little tip is the once you have it all up don't forget to zip up the pockets where you access the air beams valves as water will get in here!

Ive used a Anti Slip Matting before, similar to this : http://www.theworkplacedepot.co.uk/...-matting?gclid=CPDDrZi7pcsCFUsCwwod1HMPEg#vat
As it comes in different thickness and you can easily cut it to suit.

Ment to ask if the drive away awning/kabor strip attaches to your van even if you have a factory fitted sun awning !!!

Ment to ask if the drive away awning/kabor strip attaches to your van even if you have a factory fitted sun awning !!!
I believe so but you have to wind it out a little bit to see the groove. Unsure of the size though might be worth a search on here for that. Its probably 6 MM. but it could be 4mm and I'd hate to miss inform you!

Guys,
I've just called my dealership to ask if I can add another option to my beach, I was told NO :(
They have said that my order is now locked and no more changes can be made, they also mentioned that if my order is locked I should get a build date in the next few weeks (I've been waiting patiently for 4 weeks already).
Is this correct ? Or has my other half phone them and said "no more extras" lol

Guys,
I've just called my dealership to ask if I can add another option to my beach, I was told NO :(
They have said that my order is now locked and no more changes can be made, they also mentioned that if my order is locked I should get a build date in the next few weeks (I've been waiting patiently for 4 weeks already).
Is this correct ? Or has my other half phone them and said "no more extras" lol
I reckon it's your other half. Mine thought I would stop but then there's the joys of researching essential! accessories

My dealer |(Guy + Preston) was willing to add additional extras up until I got a confirmed build date BUT he did say that adding anything at that point would potentially put my build date back.

I decided to stick with my initial decision (which took months anyway!) and not risk any further delays. Now locked for a week 14 build week, which is either next week or the week after, depending who you talk to. I was always unsure about heated seats and tried to add them but, having added the programmable parking heater with remote, as per the Ocean, I'm sure that will warm the cab up enough, should I need it.

I was advised that adding options at this stage could delay my build date too,
so I never bothered, it was only to add some winter tyres.

Hope your wait isn't long.

I was advised that adding options at this stage could delay my build date too,
so I never bothered, it was only to add some winter tyres.

Hope your wait isn't long.
Fingers crossed! Hoping the first weekend in June (at Oulton Park to watch BTCC) is her maiden voyage!

Last edited:
As promised spec and a few pics of our new addition:-
150 California beach manual
Starlight blue
Three seat bench
MFSW
Cruise control for MFSW
F+R parking sensors with reverse camera (cos I really need em!)
Exterior package
Lights and vision package
Bluetooth handsfree with Wifi
Discover media nav system
Cooling/warming box
Heated front washer nozzles and fluid level indicator
Alt and battery updated (ask for an refund on the alternator if you ordered before December as the 180amp one is now standard, I got ÂŁ100 back).
Climatic 3 zone AC
Privacy glass
Sliding window in drivers side
Roof bars
Rear bumper protector
Full tank of diesel
329de56e1992b6efb312811aa661af4c_zpscqnfkr33.jpg

564182c0923f016b3e361600178804cd_zpsd7gcqlv8.jpg

9ab9c6f051eb015c97d1201722b25d59_zpsaodvcqrq.jpg

08ed553694cee1c53603bd2869e17b62_zpsgldxqisa.jpg

I'll get some of the interior and a couple of some mats I bought from eBay for the living area and boot (fits like a glove and only ÂŁ70) if anyone is interested?!

Really nice colour. Van looks great:thumb

I'd be really interested to see the amount of space with the board folded down and the bench as far back as possible. You're a star for taking all these photos for me!
Hi Rhyddin, he is a few pics of the back with the multiflex board full size and then in half. With it full it measures 42" from back of drivers seat base to fear seat and with it half it measures about 50"
AE793821-AF32-42FB-A37B-02BABB5F5BE6_zpsvkuouujv.jpg

9E56425A-5BDF-4719-8369-7B3F1585A2E5_zpscdg5dv9a.jpg

80BF6809-4A84-47DE-B200-D7408893F6DF_zpsrjibgai3.jpg

534DB1F6-620C-4E9E-BB53-B009861516E5_zpsnkeivl2r.jpg

I also went to the dealers today as I forgot to give the them a headrest for the sharan I traded in and saw this.

D9D9C0B5-B122-4FFD-BCCF-29F4D7BDDAA1_zpseg7dj7vv.jpg

Took some of the dash as I know you have ordered the comfort dash.

2EDDBD92-8240-4F48-80DD-A06D7C22E055_zpsl2tua1ab.jpg

6E9D40F3-ABDF-45BF-9A5A-E92EBA82206C_zpshwczmpoi.jpg

148C3458-BB89-4346-A6A3-7D50E3C72AF3_zpspbatfsf1.jpg

ED9C7B51-0E8D-47AB-B73B-C4619EBF543F_zpswbzuaynm.jpg

7F8FFDE3-B321-42D3-947F-30E287DF685D_zpspmo81v1x.jpg

They als had an ocean and beach in the showroom if anyone wants a look.
Hi Yorkshiredub, could you tell me if the multi/flexiboard came as standard with your Beach, I'm having a panic attack !!!!!!!!!

Hi Yorkshiredub, could you tell me if the multi/flexiboard came as standard with your Beach, I'm having a panic attack !!!!!!!!!
yes it does .....great bit of kit not like the same in 2 seat beach

Guy at Preston has just told me that my California has left the factory and is about 3 weeks away! Happy days but I now need to step up my car sale!! :Nailbiting

Great new :)

I've still not had a confirmed build date :(

Guy at Preston has just told me that my California has left the factory and is about 3 weeks away! Happy days but I now need to step up my car sale!! :Nailbiting
Brilliant. Nicely in time for the Summer

Back