Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California beach starlight blue

Sorry m8, I'm new to the forum, still finding my feet.....
I've ordered :
150 manual candy white, ( there's a red one just appeared the dealers that's caught my eye too)
Privacy glass,
Removable tow bar,
MFSW
Rear/Front parking sensors with rear camera,
Parking heater with remote (Ocean version)
Fog lights.

The dealer advised me that I could leave out the fog lights with cornering function, add the "electrical interface for external use - terminal block in driver seat".

But now I'll need to add cruise control or does it come with the MFSW ?

Sorry m8, I'm new to the forum, still finding my feet.....
I've ordered :
150 manual candy white, ( there's a red one just appeared the dealers that's caught my eye too)
Privacy glass,
Removable tow bar,
MFSW
Rear/Front parking sensors with rear camera,
Parking heater with remote (Ocean version)
Fog lights.

The dealer advised me that I could leave out the fog lights with cornering function, add the "electrical interface for external use - terminal block in driver seat".

But now I'll need to add cruise control or does it come with the MFSW ?
Candy White is a great colour, very popular these days! Have you managed to get a good discount on it (if you don't mind me asking)?
The red one sounds like it has some good options on it. From what I've read on here if yours has a factory fitted parking heater it will be well sought after if you come to sell it. Also you can easily retrofit cruise control, radio head unit etc. If you find you really need them.
Not really sure what the interface under the seat is?
Sounds like you are in a good position with the two routes you could take.
Unfortunately you do have to spec the cruise control at £170 as well as the MFSW. At least dick Turpin wore a mask eh?!;)

Candy White is a great colour, very popular these days! Have you managed to get a good discount on it (if you don't mind me asking)? The red one sounds like it has some good options on it. From what I've read on here if yours has a factory fitted parking heater it will be well sought after if you come to sell it. Also you can easily retrofit cruise control, radio head unit etc. If you find you really need them. Not really sure what the interface under the seat is? Sounds like you are in a good position with the two routes you could take. Unfortunately you do have to spec the cruise control at £170 as well as the MFSW. At least dick Turpin wore a mask eh?!;)
Candy White is a great colour, very popular these days! Have you managed to get a good discount on it (if you don't mind me asking)? The red one sounds like it has some good options on it. From what I've read on here if yours has a factory fitted parking heater it will be well sought after if you come to sell it. Also you can easily retrofit cruise control, radio head unit etc. If you find you really need them. Not really sure what the interface under the seat is? Sounds like you are in a good position with the two routes you could take. Unfortunately you do have to spec the cruise control at £170 as well as the MFSW. At least dick Turpin wore a mask eh?!;)

I would definitely check the contents of the exterior package as I've just checked the new price list and it's the same, so colour coded mirrors/door handles and fog lights with cornering function would be £585 + VAT according to your dealer!? I don't know what your option limit is but my options were over 4K including service plan and I could have kept going if I held the draw string to the purse. :( Are you going for the mfsw? If you are and you spec the cruise control it will be on there and not on a stalk. Good luck with the ordering process, it ain't easy! :thumb

Sorry Yorkdubshire, for some reason I could only re-send my replys !.

Anyway, it's been a struggle to get a decent discount without using "DTD" or other brokers....
I've phoned around 10 dealers over the last 4/5 weeks, but I've managed to get 8% + the £750 VW contribution, so I'm happy "ish" with the deal,
but now I'm back looking at the options again to see where I can trim the fat...my wife too has capped my spending so we're all in the same boat lol
I think I'll ditch the fog lights in favour of cruise control and look into fitting them later (when the sport line bumper comes along) if that's even an option.

Your Beach looks the business :thumb

:thumb
Sorry Yorkdubshire, for some reason I could only re-send my replys !.

Anyway, it's been a struggle to get a decent discount without using "DTD" or other brokers....
I've phoned around 10 dealers over the last 4/5 weeks, but I've managed to get 8% + the £750 VW contribution, so I'm happy "ish" with the deal,
but now I'm back looking at the options again to see where I can trim the fat...my wife too has capped my spending so we're all in the same boat lol
I think I'll ditch the fog lights in favour of cruise control and look into fitting them later (when the sport line bumper comes along) if that's even an option.

Your Beach looks the business :thumb
Don't worry about it I think the site is having issues after its reboot. I can't reply on my iPad as I can't see the text box, so I'm reading on iPad sending on iPhone.
Nice discount I'd be pleased with that, I managed 7.5% and the £750.
I haven't used DTD and I'm sure it's fine but I prefer a dealership to start a relationship with for parts/warranty/service.
Hmmm my wife is spending the trimmed Cali money by trying to corner the market in kids shoes and coats at the moment, how many can one little girl need??
Would have a look at exploria if your in the area as they do supply and/or fit on body kits (I don't get a commission btw, it's just they seem a good outfit to me). Will look good with a sport line bumper I think. Wonder if there are any T6 transporter owners that have done it yet, I'll have a quick scout when I get chance for some pics.
Cheers, I'm getting a bit obsessed with keeping it clean at the moment hence all the mats!
Let us know how you get on and pics are always welcome!

I was told very clearly by my dealer (Guy at Preston, who seems to be one of the most knowledgeable Cali salesmen) that the 'Exterior Pack' is black wing mirrors, upgraded headlights (from H4 to H7 or something like that) and cornering fogs. I believe there have been owners here who have received their T6 Beach and confirm the same.

I think the dealer who said is black wing mirrors and door handles may have it wrong. After all, if you look at the price for the fog lights with cornering function, it is a bit cheaper than the exterior pack, which also includes the slightly better headlights. Not painting the wing mirrors would be at no cost to VW, clearly.

I also understand that unpainted (black) door handles is a separate no cost option, but I am not 100% sure about this. IMHO the black wing mirrors and door handles looks especially good on the yellow, silver and white Calis with either the black 'Edition' decals or poliched & black Cascavels. It helps give a black accent on the body to echo the wheels.

Thanks folks for all your input.
I've spoken to Guy in Preston and my "guy" in Edinburgh who have both confirmed that the above described external pack does include black painted mirrors, fog lights, but only twin halogen bulb upgrade on the head lights...
So I'm not sure if I'll be putting a tick in that option box....
It's hard going, but only 15 weeks to go lol

Thanks folks for all your input.
I've spoken to Guy in Preston and my "guy" in Edinburgh who have both confirmed that the above described external pack does include black painted mirrors, fog lights, but only twin halogen bulb upgrade on the head lights...
So I'm not sure if I'll be putting a tick in that option box....
It's hard going, but only 15 weeks to go lol
Glad to hear you have some clarity on this Richy! From what I have read on this forum Guy at Preston is the California sales guru. Dont suppose this is an essential upgrade just a 'nice to have',all these little things can be retrofitted if you do want them in the future. I would try and go for the spec upgrades that would be a pain or to have put on later.
Hope you have a relatively painless wait, there is always this forum for a good fix of most things Cali! :thumb

Yes,
you can easily get carried away and in a panic about options,
It comes down to, what you think you need, what you REALLY need and what your allowed lol.
My 2 lads are desperate to get the van so they can sleep (have a carry on) in the top bunk, they're almost as excited as me !

Yes,
you can easily get carried away and in a panic about options,
It comes down to, what you think you need, what you REALLY need and what your allowed lol.
My 2 lads are desperate to get the van so they can sleep (have a carry on) in the top bunk, they're almost as excited as me !
I'm sure you will all love it, I can't speak highly enough of ours! There is definitely enough room for a ruck up top, might need the net up so no bodies come crashing down onto the drivers seat though! :)

Brilliant post - thanks. Mainly because we've taken the plunge and ordered a 150ps Beach in Starlight Blue with the same interior! It looks great and has just reminded me how impatiently we're waiting for delivery...currently proposed end of May. Happy days ahead all round.

Brilliant post - thanks. Mainly because we've taken the plunge and ordered a 150ps Beach in Starlight Blue with the same interior! It looks great and has just reminded me how impatiently we're waiting for delivery...currently proposed end of May. Happy days ahead all round.

Lucky you ;)
I'm still struggling between RED & WHITE, our dealer said I've got till Friday to decide or our estimated delivery date will be "JULY".

Cheers JPABG. You can't go wrong with a Cali in my opinion they are fantastic vehicles and you will have some great times in them! I'm not going to lie to you, if your anything like me the wait is horrible especially with the woeful literature provided by VW to look at....but there is always this forum for your fix! As said previously in this thread if there are any Q's or pics required I'll do my best to help! :thumb

Lucky you ;)
I'm still struggling between RED & WHITE, our dealer said I've got till Friday to decide or our estimated delivery date will be "JULY".
Think 1 vote for the red for me bud, have you seen one in the flesh? I saw the caravelle red/white edition and it was very nice! But very nice in white also, like greenp's ocean! :)

Think 1 vote for the red for me bud, have you seen one in the flesh? I saw the caravelle red/white edition and it was very nice! But very nice in white also, like greenp's ocean! :)
Yes, there's a red one waiting for a lucky guy/gal to be picked up tomorrow, that's what caught my eye,
One of my lads and my wife like White and my other lad and myself like Red.
spilt decision !!!!
I'm hoping the customer has changed the mind and I can have it, I think is a DSG too.

I'd go red...but what do I know? Perhaps allow a "significant other" to make the call then you can't be told you got it wrong!

Yes, there's a red one waiting for a lucky guy/gal to be picked up tomorrow, that's what caught my eye,
One of my lads and my wife like White and my other lad and myself like Red.
spilt decision !!!!
I'm hoping the customer has changed the mind and I can have it, I think is a DSG too.
Hmmmm that's a real tough decision, go with the colour you want or go with the other colour and get some brownie points?! Think I'd have to go the latter now as my other half is getting quite big (having another baby and @30 wks) and I'm getting it in the ear a bit! :happy

Hmmmm that's a real tough decision, go with the colour you want or go with the other colour and get some brownie points?! Think I'd have to go the latter now as my other half is getting quite big (having another baby and @30 wks) and I'm getting it in the ear a bit! :happy

I can relate to that !,
my misses had twins, but now their a bit older she's a bit more relaxed.

Thanks again for the advice.

I can relate to that !,
my misses had twins, but now their a bit older she's a bit more relaxed.

Thanks again for the advice.

Well folks, After much deliberation It's been decided....
"Candy White" is the colour of choice !!!!

So as the saying goes :
"Happy Wife, Happy Life !!!!!

Well folks, After much deliberation It's been decided....
"Candy White" is the colour of choice !!!!

So as the saying goes :
"Happy Wife, Happy Life !!!!!
Nice one, I bet it feels better now it's decided! Just the wait now but it'll fly by, they seem to be getting their act together after the initial rush! :thumb

Nice one, I bet it feels better now it's decided! Just the wait now but it'll fly by, they seem to be getting their act together after the initial rush! :thumb

I didn't think the colour of our beach would be the most debated issue !!!
But that's all behind us now, looking forward to getting away for some adventures...
Just mats/carpets/fridge/awning to get sorted, so I'll be trawling the forum for advice and pointers for some time......

I didn't think the colour of our beach would be the most debated issue !!!
But that's all behind us now, looking forward to getting away for some adventures...
Just mats/carpets/fridge/awning to get sorted, so I'll be trawling the forum for advice and pointers for some time......
That's what all the faffing around is for, the good times and adventures we will have in them!
Well my mats are on here (which are a must imo, not particularly the ones I have, there seems to be a lot of choice out there), can't really help you with the fridge as I have an OEM one which is good enough for me (perhaps a bit bulky). The drive away awning we have is a kela air beam (which we bought 2nd hand from a BMS engineer at work). We have used it once and it was, easy to put up/take down and retained heat very well. It did make the whole rig quite wide so will always check with the site we can put it up. Also think we are going to buy the carpet before we use it next.
17241e63dc7f1423ebec8a9f8b55da79.jpg
84236674d1badb830c17d7ed241f8eaf.jpg

d6b539834e04c56feaa32c15dcf07790.jpg

Last edited:
I've also got the Vango airbeam - but not the carpet as the reviews on Amazon are not so good - apparently it rips after not much use. I'd be interested to hear if others have better experience.

Back