Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My new Beach with wheelchair lift.

Mr Do

Mr Do

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0606.JPG Hello all
Received my new beach the other week. We are loving it. It is replaceing my 20 year old T4.
I had a F6 ultra-thin cassette lift fitted by PLS. My son is a wheelchair user and its a great lift as nothing has to be modified (no chopping of the fuel tank).
I went for the LED lights
Electric side door
Cruise control
Fridge/hot box
17" Alloys
3 seater Bench
Heated front window.

That looks great I can see I happy lad:thumb

Great stuff and welcome! :thumb

Brilliant. He looks well happy with his new transport.

Mike

Great stuff , a super transportverhicle for him ....
Sometimes you see wheelchaires in the rear of a verhicle , in the Beach he can simply sit almost next to the other passengers.
Enjoy....!
And welcome on your first post.

A very happy chappy. Welcome along.

Someone looks very pleased with his new wheels. Lovely Cali.
I hope you all have very many happy adventures.

P.s You've probably already answered this but just out of interest, does your cali have the parking heater? If it does were any modifications required to fit the lift.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Nice wheels and like the colour - stylish.

I cant help it, but seeing children in wheelchairs always gets to me like almost nothing else.
I am so happy for you and your family, I hope you get the best out of it.
I like the front spoiler, from where is it?

That looks brilliant. As an MS sufferer, I have often wondered how I will cope in the van if I need a wheelchair: I now see that van life can go on as normal, which is fab. Thanks for posting. Your little chap looks very pleased with the new van! It's so great to get out and about with our kids and make amazing memories with them. My childhood holidays were visiting Auntie in Birmingham and Grandma in a flat in Wallington. Not exactly the stuff memories are made of! We lived on the Isle of Wight, but my parents would never let us go to 'the places the tourists all go to' so I always felt I was missing out on lots of fun stuff. I've still never been on the chair lifts at Alum Bay. One day .....

Someone looks very pleased with his new wheels. Lovely Cali.
I hope you all have very many happy adventures.

P.s You've probably already answered this but just out of interest, does your cali have the parking heater? If it does were any modifications required to fit the lift.
No I didn't have the parking heater. Not sure if the lift would cause a problem.

Fantastic.

Does the wheelchair clamp to the rails?

No they are q-straint fasteners. four small mushroom shapped bits of metal attached to the floor of the van. Then the fasteners slide onto them and four retractable hooks grip the wheelchair.

I cant help it, but seeing children in wheelchairs always gets to me like almost nothing else.
I am so happy for you and your family, I hope you get the best out of it.
I like the front spoiler, from where is it?

VW parkway Leicester, part of my options.

Great looking van and a brilliant lift. Hope you all have lots of fun initial. Your son looks very happy with it. What is this fridge/hotbox and where and how do you fit that?

Great looking van and a brilliant lift. Hope you all have lots of fun initial. Your son looks very happy with it. What is this fridge/hotbox and where and how do you fit that?
It's option from VW.
it attaches to the floor rails.
Very handy

Hi, great pictures, glad you're all enjoying your new Beach. We are collecting one soon and have been looking at wheelchair lifts to go on it but they all involved many changes underneath, the one you have found looks excellent if it just fits with no adaptations. May I ask, did you get it fitted at PLS or elsewhere and also, what sort of implications does it have on your Vehicle Insurance? Does it increase the Premiums? Thanks for sharing, we are really looking forward to picking ours up soon.

Hi
Yes I did get it fitted at PLS I was in contact with a guy called Andy Palmer. I have his phone number if you want it. Not sure about the insurance but I don't think it made much difference seamed about right anyway. The lift fits fine with no adjustments but don't have your van lowered. You know if your van is adapted you don't pay any vat?

Hi, thanks for that, I'm going to contact PLS today. Yes, we are up to speed on the No Vat thing too, cheers.

Hello Mr Do, It is very attractive. Your son is looking very happy with this. Electric side door and 3 seater bench are making it more accessible. These vehicles are boon to people who are wheelchairs user and find difficulty in moving.
Happy for you!