New beach handover

Bigted

Bigted

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Afternoon all,

Picking up my ex demo beach on Saturday and have downloaded the handover checklist. This is SE specific so what should I be looking out for with the beach. If a definitive list could be created this could be added to the downloads section. So comments please people!

Well I know a few thing so here is what I have so far

Table - check its the beach version with the clips
Chairs in boot lining
Windscreen and side window blind pack
Short EU plug lead
Plug in LED light
Locking wheel nut adaptor
Jack
Toolkit

Things I'm not sure of

Warning triangle / first aid kit
Insect net for rear side window

Winding handle for awning if fitted, remote for parking heater if fitted - check the spare wheel is still there as they have a habit of going missing.

Seeing as the dealer did not get the vans PDI done and I am having to wait a few more days to pick it up has anyone anything else to add to the list. The dealers idea of customer service is very poor - once I have the van I will leave my thoughts in the dealers review area.

When I picked my van up I took the downloaded checklist with me & the salesman assured me that all the items were in the van ready as he had checked earlier - I can only assume someone else removed them as they werent there when I checked & we wasted another couple of hours while the bits were rounded up. It wasn't till I got a few miles down the road & the fuel light came on that I discovered my idea of a full tank & theirs was somewhat different.

I had read about so many problems with the roof that I insisted they put it up so I could check the canvas before I drove off.

Checking the roof canvas is a very good idea.

Alan

Going to look at a Beach tomorrow. Will try to make sure eveything is there. Saw the above
check list that 'Bigted ' gave. Pleasee excuse my ignorance but what does the short EU lead do!
Thanks

its electrical lead about a foot long & plugs one end into the electrical intake at the side of the van & the other end has an old style french two pin plug on it.
Best use or it is to remove the plug & fit a uk 3 pin it then works as an adapter between a normal caravan style hookup lead & your mains socket for charging when at home.

Thanks for that, its an ex demo so hopefully it should be there

not the end of the world if thats the only thing missing they are about ÂŁ4 in halfords. the mesh for the side opening windows & roof safety net are the expensive bits to find

Ok, hopefully its all going to be in place

Hi Bigted, I collected my ex demo last year and was so keen to get going I didn't check it out. Two items were missing mainly the Hand book. What a pain that was when I tried to put the bed down. Two days latter a airbag sign on the dash came up and no Hand book to refer to. Thanks to Californiaclub and members giving their advice I was able to use the vehicle. I contacted the dealer and 8 weeks latter my Hand book turned up. Next time I will have a check list.

Was there a handover checklist created. I cannot see it in either thread. Thx in advance

If you have the removable tow hitch option, you'll find the hook in beside the jack, warning triangle, etc. Took me ages to find!!!

Mine had all of the above from my previous post minus the side window screen which you don't get with a beach. Check you get all manuals and roadside assistance booklet. Check the PDI stamps are in the service manual. Check the spare is the right size (mine was not)

Am I missing a handover checklist? Still can't see one specifically for the beach, sorry to post again but I am confused.

Hi Leemac,

There is no specific list but I think this thread covers all of it.

Martin

Do you still want to do a PDF?

No it's ok thanks Martin just thought I missed it. It's thorough enough I will read on.

Cheers

Can someone confirm you get a tool kit?

Dealer told me you do not get a toolkit on the beach just a Jack, first aid kit and triangle??

Is this correct?

Well I know a few thing so here is what I have so far

Table - check its the beach version with the clips
Chairs in boot lining
Windscreen and side window blind pack
Short EU plug lead
Plug in LED light
Locking wheel nut adaptor
Jack
Toolkit

Things I'm not sure of

Warning triangle / first aid kit
Insect net for rear side window

Is the plug in LED light for the roof space? Picked up my pre-registered Beach recently and no light. Should I have got one? Presumed it was only standard on the SE.

My light was still in box, in door card.

I also got another light for sockets like a tiny torch.

Sorry to clarify the tool kit is part of the Jack assembly ie underneath the plastic Jack cover is all 5 items of your tool kit including locking wheel nut adaptor should be present.

Leicester VW found mine for me this morning as Peterborough had no idea where it was located or if it was present on the vehicle.

It is and is standard issue, see page 403 of your handbook.

Is the plug in LED light for the roof space? Picked up my pre-registered Beach recently and no light. Should I have got one? Presumed it was only standard on the SE.
It is standard with the beach too for use in the roof. The dealer told me they regularly get stolen on the way to the dealers.

I'd be asking where it is and get them to replace it.