Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Bling

Andy

Andy

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I bought a set of Stainless steel side bars on Wednesday evening, delivered yesterday & fitted this afternoon.

DSCN0197.JPG

Fixings sorted to check all there. Threaded plates that need modifying are at the top with retaining clips below.

DSCN0198.JPG

Took most of the afternoon. Not 'plug & play' I had to adjust the size of the special threaded plates that slide into holes in the chassis & are retained by a clip. The last one I fitted pushed straight up into the chassis & waved me good bye. Fortunately there is a drain bung near where it was & I managed to retrieve it. I was surprised that the nuts were not lock nuts. So I bought some nylocks & used them as well as some locktite.

Any how they are fitted & polished & here is a not so good photo. Will take more tomorrow.

DSCN0200b.JPG

Rilla said:
Looking good Andy.

Wheels need cleaning though! ;)
You must be joking :rofl :rofl last time the van was clean is when he collected it from the dealer :rofl :rofl

i just spent 4 hours taking my old none vw ones off .what a b of a job on the drive way .going to fit ABT side skirts now . :doh

Calikev said:
Rilla said:
Looking good Andy.

You must be joking :rofl :rofl last time the van was clean is when he collected it from the dealer :rofl :rofl

Now now, it's been cleaned twice in the last year !! :laugh2

May get round to cleaning it tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

i just spent 4 hours taking my old none vw ones off .what a b of a job on the drive way .going to fit ABT side skirts now .

Sounds interesting Martin, will the bars go back on ? Pics when done.

Andy said:
Calikev said:
Rilla said:
Looking good Andy.

Now now, it's been cleaned twice in the last year !! :laugh2

May get round to cleaning it tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

i just spent 4 hours taking my old none vw ones off .what a b of a job on the drive way .going to fit ABT side skirts now .

Sounds interesting Martin, will the bars go back on ? Pics when done.

Andy

Looks really good :cool

Nice on the Sand Beige :)

James

Andy

Looks really good :cool

Nice on the Sand Beige :)

Thanks James, not a good photo though & will take better one tomorrow if the rain that's forecast holds off !

I personally didn't like the fitment of the ABT side skirts on their demo at FOS, looked very aftermarket, and were a poor fit. Hope you have more luck with them :thumb

we all like different things .thats what makes the world go round .some time less is more .its a kerbside kustoms thing .for sure :hello

T5WOB said:
we all like different things .thats what makes the world go round .some time less is more .its a kerbside kustoms thing .for sure :hello

Absolutely :cool

James

I finally got my bars fitted properly yesterday afternoon.

Great items except for the slightly disappointing issue with the fixings for the front brackets. I, like you, cut a small amount off the end of mine and i also flattened the screw heads off a bit. I think if they ground them flat they might go in without having to be cut. One other thing was the weld on the stud that was supposed to act as a stopper when screwed into the end of the bar, didn't stop it!! I added some thread lock for good measure.

Anyone thinking of getting some bars then these are the daddies to get. OEM replica, good quality and only £150 delivered!!

I didn't trim the undertray as indicated but instead used a hole saw to make small holes for the fixing bolts to protrude through.

Photo1-1.jpg Photo1.jpg

if they are full length bars of the van. your jack will not work .thats why i carried a trolly jack in the back of calie :headwall ,

They are full length, they appear to be clear of the jacking points although I've not tested it - Surely VW will have thought of this??

It's not all bad though, I don't have a spare :laugh2

Looks good Stu.
Your holes in the tray for the bolts is a tidier way of doing it. I cut my bolts down & only had to trim the tray for the rearmost bolt.

Back