Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Bling

Looks good, but do they have a functional purpose, ie protection, as well? Would imagine they would cause extra drag and add to fuel bills?

Everyone's getting side bars!

I do like them - we paid over £500 though (fitted) for VW ones. More than the repair that triggered the decision to get some - oops! They just make the van look a bit less nerdy!

GeoffB said:
Looks good, but do they have a functional purpose, ie protection, as well? Would imagine they would cause extra drag and add to fuel bills?

They do offer some protection to the painted section of the sill. The french like using loose chippings, and we could hear them tinkling off the side bars. So they did a job, otherwise the paint would have been getting a bashing.

As for aero drag and fuel economy, you need to get out more ;) :smile

Rilla said:
GeoffB said:

They do offer some protection to the painted section of the sill. The french like using loose chippings, and we could hear them tinkling off the side bars. So they did a job, otherwise the paint would have been getting a bashing.

As for aero drag and fuel economy, you need to get out more ;) :smile

I quite like that "twang" noise as something hits them!

thanks stu, gotta have a dabble for a ton 50.
on the abs side skirts i think they look cool, but in my opinion you need larger wheels say 19" or 20" as on T5WOB to complete the look.
Lets face it all need a bit of "bling"

At £150 delivered they are a bargain and are, according to them, replicas of the OEM part.

The fixings do need to be 'adjusted' for the fronts as has been discussed and the studs which tighten into the bars don't but a bit of Loctite sorts that out. I have conveyed the minor problems back to the suppliers but as yet no reply.

paul hughes said:
on the abs side skirts i think they look cool, but in my opinion you need larger wheels say 19" or 20" as on T5WOB to complete the look.

19s and/or 20s are a bit silly on a van though.

Look good my little bling berg fella .. Lol

I need to post some photos I thinks ..feel left out ... Lol :)

KernowLad said:
paul hughes said:

You can look but not see 19 inch lush

T5WOB said:
KernowLad said:
paul hughes said:

You can look but not see 19 inch lush

Eh?!

Andy said:
I have conveyed the minor problems back to the suppliers but as yet no reply.

Dito Stu.

Looks good, but do they have a functional purpose, ie protection, as well?

They may prevent a collision with a bollard, or something low, doing damage to the side panels.

I bought them from Steelworks as did Stu & Kev, their ebay shop is here...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/steelworksfabrications?_trksid=p4340.l2563

i had a nervous look when the wheel was changed on my van - but the bars end just before the jacking points :cool

James

T5WOB said:
Custard said:
T5WOB said:
close up pic

Looks good Martin - I'd put the mirrors back to black - the wheels look really good now.

:cool

James
was thinking the same .james :clap

Martin - keep the wheels - stealth look????

Would you consider black detail all over?

Loks very smart - I know it's the same van basically but there is something quite cool about a LHD Cali.

James

T5WOB said:
KernowLad said:
T5WOB said:
close up pic

Did you nick those wheels from a Typhoon jet engine? ;) :D
http://www.etabeta.co.uk :rofl

Some nice rims on there. But the name just slightly reminds me of...

298px-Happy_Eater.jpg

all done now .thinking of H+R anti roll bars front and back .stops roll on cornering .the guys at van works are fitting a lot of these now .taking one out in week for test drive .
-

photo.JPG

T5WOB said:
all done now .thinking of H+R anti roll bars front and back .stops roll on cornering .the guys at van works are fitting a lot of these now .taking one out in week for test drive .
-

Small change but in my view makes a massive diference - looks cool Martin - but where will it end lol.

Looking very very good!

James

Back