Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Bling

I think your Cali would scare the hell out of me if it pulled up behind! Looks great though!

Love the Beetle too.

A couple of absolutely MINT splitties (both the Safari ones I think) at Porthtowan earlier. Must have been worth a fortune!

After reading about the side bars I was intrigued. When Epona went in to Guilders of Sheffield to have the unserviceable fridge fixed last week, I happened to see a new Cali in their showroom with a notice saying "this California can be fitted with Caravelle side bars before delivery" and so I had them fitted to ours. I collected Epona today and must say the side bars look great, my Mrs was very impressed too. Sadly I couldn't have saved money by doing them myself, as I'd have made a real mess of them!

The fridge incidentally required a total replacement and one had to be ordered from Germany. Let's hope it keeps going for longer than the 6 weeks the original lasted.

Just picked up the last set of side bars from eBay...

Fitted the winter tyres/steels on Sunday and our Cali is definitely missing its 18 inch alloys.... :sad

Should cheer it up!

shambly said:

Fitted the winter tyres/steels on Sunday and our Cali is definitely missing its 18 inch alloys.... :sad

Should cheer it up!

Photo on its steel shoes :)

shambly said:

Should cheer it up!

Where did you get the steels from & how much if you don't mind me asking.

Also what tyres are you using on them ??

I priced up winter steels & snow tyres a year ago & decided it was too expensive to justify on my low mileage !
Now if I could find a decent set on ebay would be different.

I think banded steels look great on any T5. Much nicer than big alloys ;-)

choplee said:
shambly said:

Should cheer it up!

Photo on its steel shoes :)

I'll take one in the daylight tomorrow...

Andy said:
shambly said:

Should cheer it up!

Where did you get the steels from & how much if you don't mind me asking.

Also what tyres are you using on them ??

I priced up winter steels & snow tyres a year ago & decided it was too expensive to justify on my low mileage !
Now if I could find a decent set on ebay would be different.

They are Goodyear M+S - bought from Oli who has another set for sale...

Shambly

Just read your signature, that's one well specked Cali. Looks like you have all of the options !

The bars are not bad to fit. I drove cali onto level ramps to give me clearance to get my belly under it ! As said earlier the brackets need to be shortened to get them in to some of the holes. I also used threadlock on all the bolts as there are no lock nuts.
Need to cut belly plates to accommodate the bolts, best way is to do like Stu & use a hole cutter.
Oh & don't forget not to put the bars down on a rough surface cos they scratch easily !!

Good luck.

Andy

Calikev said:
Looking good andy :thumb :thumb
Looks great on the 180 Sand Beige - Good to see the side bars on this colour vehicle. I am looking to doing the same thing... maybe - I have a 180 Sand Beige also.... great pic!

Fitted the bars this morning thanks to the tips given here by Andy and Stu.
Angle grinder got a good work out on the front bolt plates to make them fit....

They take the eye away from our winter steel wheels which was my goal :)

Simon

Back