• Thread starter BMVS-Camper-Hire
  • Start date
BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello all

Chatting with one of our dealers today, I was informed that you will not be able to order a T5 California after June 2015, until they start making the next one, sometime in mid 2016. In the interim period this will surely make the residuals of the T5 stronger, due to demand out stripping supply. If it is true, and Im assured it is, its very clever of VW to protect the residuals of the outgoing model, before the new one.

I am still being told the panel van T6 will be out in the last 1/4 of 2015 with the other variants to follow in 2016 (And this came from VW themselves)

Watch this space.....

(Im sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see it anywhere)

Last edited:
Hello all

Chatting with one of our dealers today, I was informed that you will not be able to order a T5 California after June 2015, until they start making the next one, sometime in mid 2016. In the interim period this will surely make the residuals of the T5 stronger, due to demand out stripping supply. If it is true, and Im assured it is, its very clever of VW to protect the residuals of the outgoing model, before the new one.

I am still being told the panel van T6 will be out in the last 1/4 of 2015 with the other variants to follow in 2016 (And this came from VW themselves)

Watch this space.....

(Im sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see it anywhere)

Very interesting, thanks for the info (hasn't been posted elsewhere)

I don't understand the but about VW protecting the residuals of the T5, how would this benefit them?

All in all sounds good for T5 owners who have brought recently :)

I don't understand the but about VW protecting the residuals of the T5, how would this benefit them?
VW work very hard not to upset exist owners by making the newer models or facelift too radical when compared to the old, or they certainly have of late, and they make this known. By holding off build, they get to prop up the existing T5 prices, and then when the newer models are launched, not everyone will jump ship at the same time. Obviously they will build vehicles up to the end of orders so I suspect September time, then they get 'x' amount of time to swap the tooling and work on the new model, to get it right before rolling it out. This is how I understand it anyway.

Be assured, we will be running the new models of the T6 in ALL variants as soon as they are available; Panel, kombi, shuttle, caravelle and california

Last edited:
Wim posted this in another thread and I thought it deserved its ownthread as it's big news for anyone waiting...

This is a Google translation from this link thus the English is a bit off at times:

"Volkswagen will Transporter T6 at the IAA in Frankfurt (September 2015) proposals. The base is the current Transporter T5 with a largenumber of modifications:
- Body: entirely new front with better resistance, other lights andbumpers. There also exists the possibility to order the car in two colors (two-tone paint).
- Interior: completely new dashboard, more comfortable seats, usingmore precious materials and the latest infotainment.
- Engines: The new Euro 6 engine range will be between 85 hp and 230 hp are powerful. The latest technology is achieved an averagereduction of 15% on fuel consumption.
°°°°°
The VW factory in California Limmer has been developing since June 2014 with the adaptations and innovations for the VW T6 California. It is expected that the first campers are available from September2015. Westfalia also announces that it develop a VW pop-top camper that can be ordered from January 2015 (see here furtherinfo).
°°°°°
A completely new Volkswagen Transporter, which the T7 will benamed, would not take place before 2020 to come."

Original source here.

Crediting member Wim for the link and the good news!

Yes that's what i was saying Oli earlier in the week, my dealer showed me the paperwork for 20 Cali's he has to order now for the year because time is running out on ordering a T5.

And my source at VW UK says the new one will have the front end of the VW Tristar (google it), or that is the nearest look to it. I hope it has the dashboard too, as this is where the UK T5 is let down when compared to the LHD model, in my opinion.

Last edited:
"Volkswagen will Transporter T6 at the IAA in Frankfurt (September 2015) proposals. The base is the current Transporter T5 with a largenumber of modifications:
- Body: entirely new front with better resistance, other lights andbumpers. There also exists the possibility to order the car in two colors (two-tone paint).
- Interior: completely new dashboard, more comfortable seats, usingmore precious materials and the latest infotainment.
- Engines: The new Euro 6 engine range will be between 85 hp and 230 hp are powerful. The latest technology is achieved an averagereduction of 15% on fuel consumption.

°°°°°
The VW factory in California Limmer has been developing since June 2014 with the adaptations and innovations for the VW T6 California. It is expected that the first campers are available from September2015. Westfalia also announces that it develop a VW pop-top camper that can be ordered from January 2015 (see here furtherinfo).
°°°°°
A completely new Volkswagen Transporter, which the T7 will benamed, would not take place before 2020 to come."

Yes understand about the broken english, read a bit odd at times, but it all sorts of makes sense bar the bit about Camper available from September 2015. The panel van won't even be out then, and they are launching this first. :thumb

Last edited:
Spotted at VW HQ this week, apparently they are not building the Tristar(which is a shame, as Id have one), but this is hopefully a sign of things to come;

Last edited:
Visually, in comparison to the T5, kind of like the difference between a Golf Mk 6 & Golf Mk 7 - very similar but a bit sharper. We will spot the difference immediately but Joe Public won't ...

Very interesting, thanks for the info (hasn't been posted elsewhere)

All in all sounds good for T5 owners who have brought recently :)

I posted the following earlier this week..
Was at a dealer in Guildford last week who said that the new transporter was looking to land in the UK as early as November; although no one knows for sure until VW announce. He says that they will stop taking orders for new California's about that time in readiness for the new California in around Easter 2016. Only time will tell...

Just been told by VW UK to get all California orders in before the end of February to guarantee getting a build slot......

Wow, sounds like there's either a rush to get orders in before the new model lands, or VW are looking to fuel sales through the uncertainty (sorry my cynical side coming through...)
:)

Wow, sounds like there's either a rush to get orders in before the new model lands, or VW are looking to fuel sales through the uncertainty (sorry my cynical side coming through...)

I think its just the change of tooling, and adaptations at the factory that needs to be sorted, and they will need time for this.

Only time will tell

I Have reliably been informed from a friend in Germany and had posted this some time ago before the site update the T6 would only show up here later this year orders for multivans or known as the caravelle here we wouldn't be able to order until later this year no info on the california T6 order dates also that they would still be building the t5 along side the t6 weather this is just to complete existing t5 orders who knows
the floor pan will remain the same as they are finding it difficult to better the rail system on the caravelle/multivan dashboard wiring and electricals will be different in the t6 front face lifted some changes to the quarter panels and the rear and the seat foams n covers no doubt the cali will have some interior enhancements also i guess we will have to wait n see i can tell you 2019 the emissions regulations will be changing so there will be a all singing dancing completely new T7 around this time..

Thanks for the update Oli, Hope they do make the Tristar as it looks awsome

Back