Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California + New Forum member

M

Martyn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just thought I'd say hello. As of yesterday, I became the owner of a 2013 California SE (140/manual) in Natural Grey, 9k on the clock.

Body, wheels and electrics are immaculate but it's been a demonstrator/rental and some interior bits have suffered or need replacing. I will be coming here for advice on how to put things right, it looks like there is lots of expertise around.

First question: Are parts available for the kitchen? The fridge top is badly scratched (for starters) and I'd like to replace that before I do much more. Also, the bed drawer front has got a big crack in and that will need to be fixed.

Martyn

Hi Martyn and welcome on board.

Simple answer to your question is that pretty much everything is available... at a price.

The cost of the Cali-specific trim parts tend to be painful to say the least, but many things can be had on German ebay if you're prepared to wait and look around.

Most dealers can get the bits you want if you can get them to understand what it is, but to be honest SMG at the top of the page as as well placed as any and better than most.

You may even be able to persuade them that some of the items aren't fair wear and tear and as such may be covered under warranty or good will. Got to be worth a try :)

Let the fun commence, good time of year to be getting it as you'll get a pretty much full first season.

Again,

Welcome

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I've had some experience of what you say already, I just rang my local VW dealer and I don't think the lad I'd spoken to in the parts dept had even heard of a California!

So, it will be an ongoing process for me to get things sorted inside, though it's mostly minor cosmetic stuff. Does 80 quid + vat sound right for the fridge lid? I might see if I can get it polished at my local glass merchants, you never know - I've done this with windscreens before and they've come out OK.

I will give SMG a try.

I would have thought 80 quid + vat was a good price.

One option for a budget would be to cover the fridge and sink in vinyl, you could even do the tables to match it would personlise it and save money.

T

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Back