Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean, Moulding Fault

greenp

greenp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
New T6 Owners.. FYI
I have noticed a flaw which appears as a crack in the plastic moulding on the passage side 'B' Post ajacent to the passage door window. Purley cosmetic. I have reported this to the dealer who ordered a spare to replace under warranty, however when the spare arrived at the showroom it has the same flaw as the one fitted in my Cali.... also when he checked his California T6 stock those 2 vehicles have the same flaw !! Issue now also taken up with customer service.. Please Check Your.. I will try and post photos... Paul

I think the T5 has this added feature.

It's a birth Mark....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Welcome to the world of £50k van conversions.
Don't worry about it, use your Cali and enjoy it.

Looks like it's getting worse to me ??

paul. my t6 same as yours. must be in the moulding. dale
I've logged a complaint with VW customer service as there is obviously a fault with the mould they are using, might be helpful if all affected T6 Owners also log a complaint?

I'm amazed that component even got in the factory and through approval let alone built into a vehicle. I imagine it was on concession and now they will have to change them out. At least it's nothing serious like the engine! :happy

It is exactly the same on my T5. I also thought the moulding was split but it is a tooling line and seems to be on all cars.

It is exactly the same on my T5. I also thought the moulding was split but it is a tooling line and seems to be on all cars.
It looks to me like a cold flow line from poor material flow in the tool. If VW have used them it must be their fault (either bad tool design or more likely a change in material specification which doesn't flow as well as the original material)

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on mine, tbh it had not really bothered me and I am note sure I want my dealer removing trim which could cause more problems.

Yep, got my Ocean yesterday. Same feelings about changing it.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on mine, tbh it had not really bothered me and I am note sure I want my dealer removing trim which could cause more problems.
Mr Sheen is your's a T6 or T5?
Guess it doesn't distract from the pleasure of the Cali... I just do not expect such a flaw on a £15000 car never mind a £50000+ vehicle!!!!! And therefore brings into question VW's Quality standards.... 1st I thought I was the only one with this defect... LOL... same defect on T5.....Lost for words....

T5SE, I agree it is terrible for VW to get away with this, I am sure this would not happen on a £50k BMW or Mercedes !

It is the same old problem where we are grouped with van drivers ( plumbers, builders, delivery drivers etc ) They would not even notice something like this, that is why the California should be sold by the car dealer network. Mercedes has the right idea with the Marco Polo where it will sit in the showroom along side an S class !

Same here. You have to look for it though so more akin to Snowy55's photo

Yep, same here on my new T6 as well!

I have logged the fault with VW customer service and will post the response when I get one....

It is the same old problem where we are grouped with van drivers ( plumbers, builders, delivery drivers etc ) They would not even notice something like this, that is why the California should be sold by the car dealer network. Mercedes has the right idea with the Marco Polo where it will sit in the showroom along side an S class !
At my Dealership - combined car / commercial. All they have in the showroom are cars and a T6 Ocean.

We also have this fault ( ours looks quite deep so it looks like the fault has worsened as time goes on) , what would be going through the fitters mind at the VW production line thinking that this is OK? This is very very poor on VW's part, however having this replaced could cause yet more problems as mentioned above. Catch 22!

Not only has this part got through the production companies Quality Control it has also got through Volkswagans Quality Control system.
They have been using the same part with the same fault for years.
It's only a builders van, so it's OK to treat your customers with utter contempt.
What else has the Quality Control system not noticed or know about but let it go through hoping it wont get noticed to save a few pennies?
Vw once legendry build quality is a thing of the distant past.

Back