Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean, Moulding Fault

Maybe you could share my thread with VW about the high level brake light still leaking in the new T6 as well!

Good idea Treecity....I've done that too. I have notified Dominic Stephenson, Executive Customer Relations Manager in the Executive Office + Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles regarding both faults now. Hopefully he will follow this through.

Yes, both sides and symmetrical on mine, so I don't consider it a problem. Obviously some do. If any of the above posters had ever owned a brand new Land Rover Defender then heaven knows what they would be complaining about. Anyway, hope you all have a Happy Christmas and New Year.
image.gif

Great post. Had a Defender, great vehicle.

Maybe i shouldn't post this. However please do not look on how the elevating roof is integrated into the vehicle. It's rough and ready and will give some of you nightmares!

These threads do go on a bit don't they....seems clear that -

1. This fault is clearly unacceptable and VW should sort it
2. Some are bothered, some not (I'm not, just enjoying my van)
3. Bothered or not there's no reason to slate anyone's views....

Time to move on...preferably in a California. Happy Bloomin Christmas...:)

Not quite sure how VW would sort it without a new moulding, there must be tens of thousands of T5 & T6 vans out there with this defect, why has VW not picked up on it? A dealer probably won't be able to magic a perfect one up as I suspect they don't exist.

Ha
It is the same old problem where we are grouped with van drivers ( plumbers, builders, delivery drivers etc ) They would not even notice something like this, that is why the California should be sold by the car dealer network. Mercedes has the right idea with the Marco Polo where it will sit in the showroom along side an S class !
Having said that, I know peeps out there paying £35k+ for some vw commercial vans, they tend to be surfers usually passionate about the vw scene... These guys do notice...

I'm no surfer but if my T6 Transporter arrives with that fault I'll certainly be wanting something done about it as I love my vans!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Mine too . Exactly the same as photos . I suggested that it was a poor moulding but dealer went quiet !

Does this confirm a T6 is a T5 s ?
2015 White dsg 4 motion

Is it a fault or just a not particularly pretty piece of moulding?

In over 100 nights of living with Albert and all of his (not very many) eccentricities, I can't say I've noticed it.

however, no matter how you justify it or condemn it, something a bit tacky in a £50k plus vehicle built by a manufacturer with reputation for quality engineering is a bit upsetting for some,

I'm now going out to said Albert and look for it, certain in the knowledge that if I find it I will now forever see it every time that I climb into the vehicle .... thanks guys :(

Mine too . Exactly the same as photos . I suggested that it was a poor moulding but dealer went quiet !

Does this confirm a T6 is a T5 s ?
2015 White dsg 4 motion
Hi Trebor
The more people that report this to VW customer service the more chance something is sorted out... they are looking into my report.
Best Wishes
Paul

Is it a fault or just a not particularly pretty piece of moulding?

In over 100 nights of living with Albert and all of his (not very many) eccentricities, I can't say I've noticed it.

however, no matter how you justify it or condemn it, something a bit tacky in a £50k plus vehicle built by a manufacturer with reputation for quality engineering is a bit upsetting for some,

I'm now going out to said Albert and look for it, certain in the knowledge that if I find it I will now forever see it every time that I climb into the vehicle .... thanks guys :(
GrannyJ Hi.... the defect is only really noticeable when you swivel the front seats and face the rear.... 1st I thought I had damaged the moulding when swivelling the seat... Paul

Well, I don't often face my rear ....

er...

Let me rephrase that... normally when my front seats are facing rearwards my eye line is drawn towards the centre of the vehicle, normally the wine glass on the table, which is perhaps why I have not noticed. That must have been first quite alarming and then in some ways a relief to realise it was the way it was made and not broken.

Well, I don't often face my rear ....

er...

Let me rephrase that... normally when my front seats are facing rearwards my eye line is drawn towards the centre of the vehicle, normally the wine glass on the table, which is perhaps why I have not noticed. That must have been first quite alarming and then in some ways a relief to realise it was the way it was made and not broken.
GJ... I like your style.. that's where I'm going wrong, no wine glass ! Sure when I thought I had done something to cause this my heart sunk... 1st outing as well. ... so in the way you understand I was quite relieved. Best Wishes Paul

Paul,

My Albert is the love of my life but I have been around the block so often now not to let him become my life and I would have been devastated to find an apparent flaw like that...

However 2 years, 110 nights and 25,000 miles into our relationship I am ready to forgive him, and his parent, for some flaws. When you crash into a rock fall, fly into the air, have all 3 tons land shredding two tyres and find no other damage done is a huge testimony to the toughness in other ways.

When he has been my shelter in weather that I have had friends die in so the trust grows, he becomes a huge, cuddly protective cocoon that I know I can trust to look after me in all conditions and will do unfailingly.

When we cruised for 2,500 miles to the South of France and back in armchair comfort, so relaxed and at ease as he effortlessly chewed up the miles, what the heck, the vehicle all round is brilliant.

It is just a shame that it is let down by having a parent who can eschew arrogance, can listen with deaf ears, and sometimes can produce schoolboy errors in what otherwise is a sparkling piece of ingenuity.

Enjoy, and fill that wine glass up :thumb

Have checked my pillars and they are perfect, apart from being grubby, but after 9 yrs you expect that.

John

Just had a look at our's. Yes we have a birth mark on our van never noticed it or looked for it before. Not bothered myself, more worried about the birth marks I came out of the mould with. Are VW seeing this as a fault ?

Just had a look at our's. Yes we have a birth mark on our van never noticed it or looked for it before. Not bothered myself, more worried about the birth marks I came out of the mould with. Are VW seeing this as a fault ?
Hi Meoncoast So far the VW dealer certainly accepts this as a fault and has seen examples on his stock T6s.. I'm in discussions with VW customer service... will let everyone know the out come.. Best Wishes Paul

Just looked at my beautiful 2015 T5,
I have a love scar in the same place.
Certainly not as wrinkly as my face ,
Sound enough when pushed
I like it
Like a secret mark that those who don't go on the forum don't even know about
Let it be our secret sign

OMG is this thread STILL going?

If I was from VW and reading this thread I'd cancel the California programme entirely - who wants to sell a product to a bunch of utterly joyless, miserable, wrinkled old scrotums like this ^^^^?

Jeez, just get on and enjoy yourselves with the few years you've got left on the planet!

This used to be a friendly forum, others have stuck their noses in to this thread.

who are these "others"? Let's get a lynchmob together. Who's with me (and @T6Beach)?

Lol...when I bought a certain 'other' car which cost more than a Cali, and noticed serious defects and shoddy build quality, one of which was that your legs got soaked by rain getting in through the bonnet while driving. The makers reply was 'but sir it's hand built so this is what you must expect'

Suggest the best way is to treat this imperfect moulding on the Cali as adding a little bit of character.

Back