Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CampervanBits New Seat Covers ( Fabric & Faux Leather)- New Pictures

Another great review of the new seatcovers. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/p...ic-seat-covers-vw-california#woocomerce-tabs3

1 review for Premium ‘GTI Fabric’ Seat Covers for VW California
  1. 210c916d7f0151192d4fc140cf5b2b34

5 out of 5
    Jenny
    (verified owner)
    March 2, 2017
    Really good quality and dare I say more robust than the standard covers – they look fantastic and the darker colour will hopefully hold up well to day to day use (especially with our border collie on board). They are a bit of a fiddle to fit but well worth all the effort and the fit is perfect. So pleased that we opted for these – highly recommended.

Hi All,

Just to let you know our inital stock arrived early and all back orders have now been shipped.

We have a few items left in stock and all orders now come with a free spline tool and fitting instuctions DVD.

Current stock available:

Leather Looks Ocean & SE - Click Here
Fabric SE, Ocean and Beach - Click Here

We also have smaller headrests available if you have a T5 before 2013 - Click Here
Hi
I cant see the leather look seat covers for Cali beach ?
Can u point me in the right direction please .

The leather look are only available for the 2 seater beach at the moment

I am not joking I'm afraid we had to make a choice as there where so many colours and configurations we didn't add any to the order our next order may include the 3 seater beach

I am not joking I'm afraid we had to make a choice as there where so many colours and configurations we didn't add any to the order our next order may include the 3 seater beach
That would be really great if you did ,
5 seat beach owners don't have much choice with easy wipeable covers and these would be the perfect choice. Cloth seats don't work when you have a dog .
Any idea when this could possibly happen please ?

Hope these photos appear on this post! (not the most techno savvy on the planet!)
We're really pleased with these seat covers. They are a bit of a challenge to fit - it took two of us two afternoons but we remained chilled during the experience :D We did have a trip out and Cali breakfast on Sunday morning and that helped with the task on Sunday afternoon. We also found our dvd to be a bit muddled but no worries we got there in the end and think they look fab :) and will show less of the mud from our border collie boy :) - would recommend them.

View attachment 19480

View attachment 19481
based on your photos and fitting success I've put an order in.

thanks for info.

Hope these photos appear on this post! (not the most techno savvy on the planet!)
We're really pleased with these seat covers. They are a bit of a challenge to fit - it took two of us two afternoons but we remained chilled during the experience :D We did have a trip out and Cali breakfast on Sunday morning and that helped with the task on Sunday afternoon. We also found our dvd to be a bit muddled but no worries we got there in the end and think they look fab :) and will show less of the mud from our border collie boy :) - would recommend them.

View attachment 19480

View attachment 19481
I also fitted mine at the weekend and my DVD seemed to finish too early on each chapter!

I also couldn't find where to attach the front seat base loops at the rear of the seats- did you manage?

Did the DVD finish too early on each chapter or at the end of each chapter? I'll have a nosy at one of the samples I have here - when fitting my covers I had metal hooks that fitted to a support bar running side to side on the seat - I'll see if I can get a photo....if you have any issues drop me a call on 01246 825541 and I'll try and explain over the phone :thumb

:happy Maybe because I have fitted covers before but I managed to fit the seat covers in just over one and a half hours. Hard work but worth it - these are excellent. Try stretching the material a little before fitting and stretch the arm rests to make the zips easier to close and they fit very well. I used a flat plastic tool to push the material into place and they fit a treat. Well pleased.

:happy Maybe because I have fitted covers before but I managed to fit the seat covers in just over one and a half hours. Hard work but worth it - these are excellent. Try stretching the material a little before fitting and stretch the arm rests to make the zips easier to close and they fit very well. I used a flat plastic tool to push the material into place and they fit a treat. Well pleased.

Great to hear you are happy with these, any chance of a few pictures please?

I have bought a set, and when I come to fit them (better weather) if the stripes don't line up or the pattern is not symmetrical it will play havoc with my OCD.

Did the DVD finish too early on each chapter or at the end of each chapter? I'll have a nosy at one of the samples I have here - when fitting my covers I had metal hooks that fitted to a support bar running side to side on the seat - I'll see if I can get a photo....if you have any issues drop me a call on 01246 825541 and I'll try and explain over the phone :thumb

I'd really appreciate a photo of what to do with those metal hooks. We watched the DVD instructions in full but didn't see those featured anywhere.

Also, a question to those that have already fitted seat covers: how easy were the arm rests to remove?
The arm rest bolts don't seem to want to budge (tried using the supplied spline tool with a ring spanner), and having read other online posts about people damaging the bolt head and ending up sawing it off, I'm loath to apply too much pressure. Should they come off easily or are we just being too cautious? Or do we need to invest in a socket wrench (which kind... ?! :help)

Hi there, I've took quite a few arm rest off over the last few years and use a 10 mm socket set with the m10 spline tool. And none have ever been over tight to be honest. I would avoid the spanner method though as you cant really apply pressure in the right place ie face down on the bolt as the spanner would slip down the shaft of the m10 sline tool. The metal hooks slide over the end of the elastic hoops and they attach under the seats, avoiding causing any obstructions. I'll See if I can grab some pictures of my covers over the weekend

Hi there, I've took quite a few arm rest off over the last few years and use a 10 mm socket set with the m10 spline tool. And none have ever been over tight to be honest. I would avoid the spanner method though as you cant really apply pressure in the right place ie face down on the bolt as the spanner would slip down the shaft of the m10 sline tool. The metal hooks slide over the end of the elastic hoops and they attach under the seats, avoiding causing any obstructions. I'll See if I can grab some pictures of my covers over the weekend
Started trying to fit the seat covers today. Phew, a lot harder than I hoped. I've got the front ones fitted, but the big problem is I think I've threaded and/or worn the head of the spline bolt on one of the arm rests. It's a brand new Cali Ocean and it seems VW put a 'thread lock' type adhesive on the bolts when fitted. This makes them vey hard to remove/refit and a danger of damaging them. I was using 10mm socket set with spline tool.
I'm not sure I can get the bolt back in as due to the worn head the spline is slipping when tightening. Any ideas, with your vast experience, of what to do now? Thanks.

Last edited:
Started trying to fit the seat covers today. Phew, a lot harder than I hoped. I've got the front ones fitted, but the big problem is I think I've threaded and/or worn the head of the spline bolt on one of the arm rests. It's a brand new Cali Ocean and it seems VW put a 'thread lock' type adhesive on the bolts when fitted. This makes them vey hard to remove/refit and a danger of damaging them. I was using 10mm socket set with spline tool.
I'm not sure I can get the bolt back in as due to the worn head the spline is slipping when tightening. Any ideas, with your vast experience, of what to do now? Thanks.
Might be better to buy a replacement bolt otherwise you'll probably get it back in but never out again.

Can you post a photo of the tool you used to remove the bolt with?

Drop me a call tomorrow on 01246 825541 I will see if I have a spare bolt...failing that I'll send you the one out of my van it really shouldnt be that hard ....maybe with it being brand new perhaps??