Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Nothing from our dealer... but we haven't got a build week yet so I guess there technically isn't any update!

Could this be this issue that’s finally come home to roost.

Supplier orders cancelled in anticipation of falling orders, when in Fact the reverse is true !

I’ve seen similar before in the building industry, where the big Co’s cancel orders leaving the subcontractor in limbo, only later the Big Co. has to beg the subcontractor to turn on the taps for them !

Last edited:
Could this be this issue that’s finally come home to roost.

Supplier orders cancelled in anticipation of falling orders, when I. Fact the reverse is true !

I’ve seen similar before in the building industry, where the big Co’s cancel orders leaving the subcontractor in limbo, only later the Big Co. has to beg the subcontractor to turn on the taps for them !

SMG telling me it is airbag components - but we are already 6 weeks into the "2 week" build - So I just assumed that the airbags would already be in by then?

There is also now a worldwide shortage of resin, used in car dashboards/trims, tv’s etc

Just off Chat with Rob............

"Thanks for waiting, Stuart. I can confirm that the information that you've been given is correct. I am also sorry to say, that we haven't been given any estimated timescales for when production will be resumed again."
this is mad...so if i had a status 20...it isn't happening now? I'm not worried about me, I honestly do not know what to say to my daughter. She is has been packed for trips months ago. so 2022 it is I guess...??

Typical, my build date was Monday 28/06 I will wait out to speak to my dealer on Monday to see it it’s started or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contactes SMG this afternoon and also told airbag parts are halting production. On the plus side we have now been given a provisional build week - on the down side, it's week 6 - Feb (ordered mid April).

Oh well, thanks to all the information on this thread, I had already given up on getting my Ocean before the end of the year (ordered 3 Feb with delivery originally estimated early August) - now getting worried it won't even be ready for Easter 2022.
But it's not just the camper - loads of shortages/delays on all desirable outdoor kit: got notification that my March Fatboy order, est delivery mid-July, won't be available before Oct (200,000 containers are stuck at Chinese ports) - might arrive at the same time as the Cali.

Oh well, thanks to all the information on this thread, I had already given up on getting my Ocean before the end of the year (ordered 3 Feb with delivery originally estimated early August) - now getting worried it won't even be ready for Easter 2022.
But it's not just the camper - loads of shortages/delays on all desirable outdoor kit: got notification that my March Fatboy order, est delivery mid-July, won't be available before Oct (200,000 containers are stuck at Chinese ports) - might arrive at the same time as the Cali.
That’s kinda my timeline too (dealer said Oct from the outset though) - so I haddiscounted using it in 2021 anyway, assuming we’d be away in it for Easter 22.

Still fairly optimistic for that in my simplistic understanding of logistics! - seems like Beaches and Coasts are going through quite quickly which might open up capacity for Oceans, right?

That’s kinda my timeline too (dealer said Oct from the outset though) - so I haddiscounted using it in 2021 anyway, assuming we’d be away in it for Easter 22.

Still fairly optimistic for that in my simplistic understanding of logistics! - seems like Beaches and Coasts are going through quite quickly which might open up capacity for Oceans, right?
I’d have agreed, until I heard the factory is shut...

My dealer is saying the extended delivery times are the result of a perfect storm. Increased demand, Covid affecting operations at the factory and last but not least the debacle of the stricken container carrier Ever Given in the Suez Canal, which is loaded with components from the Far East bound for the automotive industry, amongst others, in Europe. That bloody thing is still being held hostage in Egypt.

Hi everyone, we got our van just over 4 months after ordering. Beach camper, two tone, heater, tow bar and the leatherette seats. Very pleased with the time frame. No idea why beaches come so much quicker than others but can't complain.

Hope things improve for others who've been waiting so long

I'm of the exact same opinion as you Mimi. Dealer told us recently that we missed the VW cut off point for 2021 by about a week (Ordered mid March). He also stated that we would be at the start of the new list of orders when they get through current backlog. The shelved list is looking to be a very long list also. Hopefully by next Spring we will have a result.

I’ve been given (on Friday) a confirmed build date of 19th July (ordered Ocean 150dsg on 27th Jan) - I asked the dealer about the rumoured shut down and they’d not had anything communicated to them but had heard the rumours also via this site/other customers so they’re going to press VW next week - I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s incorrect and the 19th will go ahead!! I have a camping trip booked end August - tent or van….tent or van?!

I’ve been given (on Friday) a confirmed build date of 19th July (ordered Ocean 150dsg on 27th Jan) - I asked the dealer about the rumoured shut down and they’d not had anything communicated to them but had heard the rumours also via this site/other customers so they’re going to press VW next week - I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s incorrect and the 19th will go ahead!! I have a camping trip booked end August - tent or van….tent or van?!
Great news! Which dealer are you with?

Some good news for a change….

we have a build week 20 van and we thought for a laugh we’d ask online chat for an update today. We’ve been told our van arrived at the port of exit on Friday !

So, 7 to 10 days from this status to it being in the UK hopefully, then the small matter of it getting to the dealer. Was told it is going to Grimsby but ship details not available yet.

I’m actually allowing myself to get excited now ! SHE LIVES!
Good luck everyone, anyone with a week 29 van may want to check ….

Back