Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Some good news for a change….

we have a build week 20 van and we thought for a laugh we’d ask online chat for an update today. We’ve been told our van arrived at the port of exit on Friday !

So, 7 to 10 days from this status to it being in the UK hopefully, then the small matter of it getting to the dealer. Was told it is going to Grimsby but ship details not available yet.

I’m actually allowing myself to get excited now ! SHE LIVES!
Good luck everyone, anyone with a week 29 van may want to check ….
Great news.

Some good news for a change….

we have a build week 20 van and we thought for a laugh we’d ask online chat for an update today. We’ve been told our van arrived at the port of exit on Friday !

So, 7 to 10 days from this status to it being in the UK hopefully, then the small matter of it getting to the dealer. Was told it is going to Grimsby but ship details not available yet.

I’m actually allowing myself to get excited now ! SHE LIVES!
Good luck everyone, anyone with a week 29 van may want to check ….
Your message made me check our week 22 build and vwchat just confirmed it arrived at the Port of exit on Thursday 24th

Mine is due to start build tomorrow , I’m ringing the dealer tomorrow to confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collected my week 20 build on Friday, exactly 2 weeks after arriving at Sheerness. Build took 2 weeks, 8 days in Emden and a day at sea. 204 4 Motion ordered early October. Towbar present and correct. Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

Collected my week 20 build on Friday, exactly 2 weeks after arriving at Sheerness. Build took 2 weeks, 8 days in Emden and a day at sea. 204 4 Motion ordered early October. Towbar present and correct. Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

Is it worth the wait then

picked cali up last friday . in first week we have done 1400 miles . been to cornwall ,devon ,angelsey. got 700 miles to a tank. been off road. cooked a curry in it . been under a 2 metre barrier. had too much oil light come on. tried every gadget out except the owning. met craig charles in wales. so I've named the van star bug . [its green] . great. time to plan our next adventure.

picked cali up last friday . in first week we have done 1400 miles . been to cornwall ,devon ,angelsey. got 700 miles to a tank. been off road. cooked a curry in it . been under a 2 metre barrier. had too much oil light come on. tried every gadget out except the owning. met craig charles in wales. so I've named the van star bug . [its green] . great. time to plan our next adventure.

Now that’s a good first week

Wow, certainly no hanging about for Star Bug. Congratulations! Now time to update your Avatar.

700 miles on a tank fresh out of the factory sounds great! Which engine? Can you update your avatar which says on order?

So for those of your who have recently taken delivery of your vans, what sort of wait from being at port of exit to picking up the van have people had?

So for those of your who have recently taken delivery of your vans, what sort of wait from being at port of exit to picking up the van have people had?
@Kernowboy posted above; Collected my week 20 build on Friday (25th June) exactly 2 weeks after arriving at Sheerness. Build took 2 weeks, 8 days in Emden and a day at sea. 204 4 Motion ordered early October. Towbar present and correct. Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

I must try and calm down now.

I have spent a lot of time last night looking at what ship it might be on, where it is, what webcams at the ports there are etc etc.

My best guess at the moment is 'City of Rotterdam', as we know ours is going to Grimsby, and the ship is currently in Emden now. Maybe, just maybe, it will catch this trip over? The next scheduled stop of the ship is Grimsby at 20:30 tomorrow night...

I must try and calm down now.

I have spent a lot of time last night looking at what ship it might be on, where it is, what webcams at the ports there are etc etc.

My best guess at the moment is 'City of Rotterdam', as we know ours is going to Grimsby, and the ship is currently in Emden now. Maybe, just maybe, it will catch this trip over? The next scheduled stop of the ship is Grimsby at 20:30 tomorrow night...

A watched kettle never boils, patience is a virtue

You want to order a westfalia if you want a proper long build!!!! One year so far, and still don’t know when it’s coming, it was supposed to be May:headbang

700 miles on a tank fresh out of the factory sounds great! Which engine? Can you update your avatar which says on order?
we have a house in cornwall so water tank was empty . 30 litres of water adds a lot weight. just 2 of us in the van. left the 16 inch wheels on . got some big wheels for it but 16inch better on fuel. got the 80 litre tank . still had 60 miles left before we filled up . was doing about 65mph.

I see your 3 weeks and I'll raise you another 3;)
FYI. I got “talk to the hand” off VW chat when seeking a update on a week 23 build…

“I have been advised we cannot give updates to van centre orders, please speak to your dealer for an update from the factory”.

I take this as “your week 23 is caught up in the nonsense - more delays coming”.

5 weeks float in the programme remaining before the summer plans capitulate

Our build week was w/c 14 June. Ordered Ocean early December 2020. Apparently still in production....

Nail biting times… I’ve a week 23 that could/should/might be 3 weeks in to build…
My Ocean was a week 23 build too and is expected to be arriving at the dealer any day now. There doesn’t seem to be much consistency with the build durations. My build appeared to take about a week. I removed TPMS a few months ago when they said that would delay things, perhaps that’s why mine has sped through the build and shipping process. Fingers crossed for all those waiting at the moment!

Back