Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I had an email from my dealer last Thursday stating that my week 21 build was still in production 5 weeks on, after reading on here that some starting build after mine were waiting at the port of exit I got in touch with chat and they said it’s being transported to the dealers as we speak. I’ve been on the phone to the dealer every week for the last 4 weeks and always same answer - still in build. This confirms to me that the system for showing progress is not being updated as it should. It is a very nice surprise I just hope that chat is right though

Thanks to be honest all are pretty nice once you are in the Van.

I emailed our dealer and he advised that our build has completed but currently still at the factory undergoing a and i quote - "awaiting it's final quality control checks, point 8 of a 7 point process apparently."

He's been told to contact them in the week if it's not moved on a status, so looks like ours missed out on the ship so will be at least a few days later. Hoping that it will be with them for a Mid July pick up.
As an update to our order, I had on the off change contacted VW Chat Monday morning around 10am and was informed that our Van had just arrived in Sheerness.

Ordered 15th Dec, Ocean 204, then requested removal of Towbar to try and speed things up, all other options left.
Got a confirmed build week of 23 (7th June) after many 35, 43 unconfirmed etc.
Build took 2 weeks
Contacted VW Chat on the beginning of Week 25 (21st June) was informed still in build
Emailed dealer they mentioned that it had completed build, so luckily must have missed the airbag holdups, and it was in a QA phase.
Contacted VW Chat on the beginning of Week 26 (28th June) and was surprised to be told that it had arrived in Sheerness. Looks like it was a week from build completion to arrival at UK port.
VW Centre emailed me yesterday to say that they are expecting it end of next week to pick up.
So all going well it's almost 7 months from order to collection.

We are also getting the dealer to fit the towbar before we collect so may delay it a day or so which they are doing as per our original spec.

As an update to our order, I had on the off change contacted VW Chat Monday morning around 10am and was informed that our Van had just arrived in Sheerness.

Ordered 15th Dec, Ocean 204, then requested removal of Towbar to try and speed things up, all other options left.
Got a confirmed build week of 23 (7th June) after many 35, 43 unconfirmed etc.
Build took 2 weeks
Contacted VW Chat on the beginning of Week 25 (21st June) was informed still in build
Emailed dealer they mentioned that it had completed build, so luckily must have missed the airbag holdups, and it was in a QA phase.
Contacted VW Chat on the beginning of Week 26 (28th June) and was surprised to be told that it had arrived in Sheerness. Looks like it was a week from build completion to arrival at UK port.
VW Centre emailed me yesterday to say that they are expecting it end of next week to pick up.
So all going well it's almost 7 months from order to collection.

We are also getting the dealer to fit the towbar before we collect so may delay it a day or so which they are doing as per our original spec.
I also had this build week with towbar removed and according to vw chat mine also arrived at Sheerness on Monday. Not heard anything from the dealer since mid May though despite me emailing.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I also had this build week with towbar removed and according to vw chat mine also arrived at Sheerness on Monday. Not heard anything from the dealer since mid May though despite me emailing.

Which dealer? I’m w Eurovans who never proactively call

Ours is Beadles in Dartford, i have been emailing them for updates, and to be fair to them they have always responded when asked, but very much one way with me pushing for details.

Breeze, I regret not paying the slight increased monthly from Liverpool as I am from the North West but the reviews were good for Breeze so took a gamble but would definitely go local in the future

Breeze, I regret not paying the slight increased monthly from Liverpool as I am from the North West but the reviews were good for Breeze so took a gamble but would definitely go local in the future

Exactly same position as you

Little update for the Swiss orders.

We have called our dealer today. Looks like we have build schedule week 38 (14th September). He didn't say if it is confirmed or not, but it is the same week as previous time we called him (2 months ago) so lets assume it is a confirmed one. He also mentioned that other cars he ordered are getting more delays and that ours was a "good news"
He also said in August they are receiving October and November orders. Ours was mid December..

If we get the van by end of October I will be happy enough to enjoy autumn.

VWC chat even unable to comment on whether the factory had reopened this evening :(

Last week, when I asked for conformation of my dealer update they said it was closed and had no idea how long for - Tonight..........no comment.

"Unfortunately Staurt we cannot currently advise as we do not have the up-to-date information. The Van Centre liaise directly with the factory and will be able to better advise you of the progress. I apologize for any inconvenience."

Our build week was w/c 14 June. Ordered Ocean early December 2020. Apparently still in production....
I got contacted today and the factory has shut down week 25. Let’s hope our week 24 vans were built!

Argh?! Why don’t VW tell all the dealers this? I’ve decided to be hopeful that my confirmed build date of wk 29 will still happen and they’ll somehow do a magical catch up?

Argh?! Why don’t VW tell all the dealers this? I’ve decided to be hopeful that my confirmed build date of wk 29 will still happen and they’ll somehow do a magical catch up?
My dealer got an email yesterday. He read it out sounds like 2 week shutdown 25-27

Do we know why the shut down? COVID or supply issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know why the shut down? COVID or supply issue?

Hi Chris, my dealer emailed last week, reporting that its airbag components that are holding thinks up. We are build week 20 and still in production. They did say that they were hoping that the shutdown would be for a week. The comments above now suggest that might have been optimistic. Ordered last week in November

Hi Chris, my dealer emailed last week, reporting that its airbag components that are holding thinks up. We are build week 20 and still in production. They did say that they were hoping that the shutdown would be for a week. The comments above now suggest that might have been optimistic. Ordered last week in November

Ok thanks, just gives me something to moan at the dealer with as COVID closures are unavoidable but running out of parts shows fragility of the supply system.

I was supposed to we a week 26 build week and ordered late December

Couldn't even wait until I actually own it to post, but just received a nice Friday morning photo treat from Adam at LVC. Now just 4 days, 12 hours and 18 minutes until we collect (but who's counting hey?). Hang in there people.
View attachment 80914
Just what ours looks like in my dreams!:D

It’s all over the place and doesn’t make any sense as we where build week 22 and yesterday ours was on a boat to sheerness

Back