Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Thanks, I was wondering who'd spot that first. Just need a Sharpie to put a dot between the 6 and the 1. :)
Hang on that’s an extra I hadn’t thought about. I only saw VW and POP. Even nicer one you spot that

I’m told our van is at production level 5 - I’m just wondering if anyone know what this means?

Our build week 20 is now aboard the EMS Highway, motoring slowly past Cromer currently on the way to Grimsby! It left Emden yesterday evening, after having arrived there on the 25th June. Not too long now!
Can't be too many week 20's left in the factory now, surely!

Very jealous. Ours might be there too.
Our sales man is off with Covid so will wait till next week when he's back to find out.
No rush. Only been 7 months so another week or 2 doesn't matter.

Our reg is VW61TGS do did a double take at yours

If you see an indium Grey there when you pick yours up, send us a picture

Very jealous. Ours might be there too.
Our sales man is off with Covid so will wait till next week when he's back to find out.
No rush. Only been 7 months so another week or 2 doesn't matter.

Our reg is VW61TGS do did a double take at yours

If you see an indium Grey there when you pick yours up, send us a picture
Will do. :thumb

I’m told our van is at production level 5 - I’m just wondering if anyone know what this means?
Hi Hetti

VW use the following codes to determine production status ; (taken from another thread )

6FA1C154-28BA-484E-A29F-69D0905030FA.jpeg

Thank you Perfectos - i wonder what they mean by level 5....Perhaps vehicle at port of exit...That would be nice :)

Thank you Perfectos - i wonder what they mean by level 5....Perhaps vehicle at port of exit...That would be nice :)
I could be wrong but haven't I read on here that there are (9?) stages of the build, so you're at the fifth stage of the process along the production line? Someone will be along soon if I've just made that up.

I could be wrong but haven't I read on here that there are (9?) stages of the build, so you're at the fifth stage of the process along the production line? Someone will be along soon if I've just made that up.
Think (I was told) it’s 8 stages, of which 7 is QA and 8 is released from factory. I also had a message saying at stage 5 which turned out to be 6 days before build completed but never found out what it actually meant.

Yep, but these stages are in the factory - so from start to end of actual build (ie. between code 20 and 30). Apparently the dealer can see detail of what stage it’s at on the system.

When enquiring about the status of our build, I was told this today by the dealer.
21st JUNE. PRODUCTION HALTED FOR ONE WEEK.
" Poduction at all brand factories will cease due to a shortage of Body Control Modules fitted to all vehicles, this governs functions such as airbags and steering processes.
This will effect build week 25 onwards"

Anyone getting stressed about there Cali wait, has nothing on my westy wait. Now looking at atleast 15mths, and that’s only if it comes in sept! :headbang

So had a voicemail from my dealer yesterday to call them, got excited as vw chat had confirmed it had arrived at sheerness and a transporter had been booked for it!

called dealer to be informed that it had been damaged at the port, waiting now to get a update on what extent the damage is and what my options are, I’ve had pictures and the tailgate glass has been smashed and it’s gone all inside the van probably damaged the plastics inside and paintwork outside.
Can’t describe how gutted I am

So had a voicemail from my dealer yesterday to call them, got excited as vw chat had confirmed it had arrived at sheerness and a transporter had been booked for it!

called dealer to be informed that it had been damaged at the port, waiting now to get a update on what extent the damage is and what my options are, I’ve had pictures and the tailgate glass has been smashed and it’s gone all inside the van probably damaged the plastics inside and paintwork outside.
Oh no! Gutted for you!! That’s the second story like this recently! Hope they get it fixed ASAP!

That is awful ! So sorry for you.

I recently had delivery of a new Tesla Model 3 which was shipped from China and it was delivered to me with a dent in the front wing, caused during shipping. Very frustrating :(

So sorry to hear that. What a nightmare. Hope they is a suitable resolution for you as soon as possible.

called dealer to be informed that it had been damaged at the port, waiting now to get a update on what extent the damage is and what my options are...
Gutted for you. And after waiting for how long?

Ok so after a million and one VW chat checks to see if my week 24 build week Van missed the week 25 factory shutdown, I just actually got good news! The Van released to ship today. So whenever it is it’s out of the factory!! Nimbin exists! VW chat said 2/3 weeks to dealer but that seems optimistic! I’ve I’ve got it in 5 I’ll be happy. Just in time for my week off

Ok so after a million and one VW chat checks to see if my week 24 build week Van missed the week 25 factory shutdown, I just actually got good news! The Van released to ship today. So whenever it is it’s out of the factory!! Nimbin exists! VW chat said 2/3 weeks to dealer but that seems optimistic! I’ve I’ve got it in 5 I’ll be happy. Just in time for my week off
Mine only took a week to get from emden to sheerness so you will probably get it in 2/3 weeks ok

Gutted for you. And after waiting for how long?
Wait was not long as it was a beach, ordered beginning of march so nothing to complain about from that point of view but depended on how bad the damage is we may end up having to put another order through the factory apparently, I won’t except it if it’s got to have parts re sprayed

Back